Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭claudiaaims

Sketchers arrived today by UPS.
    ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sketchers arrived today by UPS.
    ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED.

I am waiting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

carolIreland just to say thanks, you posted a competition a few months ago, I won and received it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭magicray

Missed a call from an unknown number today :( hope it wasn't a prize

magicray wrote: »

Most of the time when I have won from a call it is a Dublin number, so hopefully you didn't miss anything. Im sure they will ring back if it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DontBanMe

I <3 Gormal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Just got my Orchard Thieves prize. Thanks a million Gormal (again).

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Darksoul

Just got my Orchard Thieves prize. Thanks a million Gormal (again).

Same was in a lovely box wasn't expecting the just eat-voucher and hoody.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 greenandblue

Darksoul wrote: »
    Same was in a lovely box wasn't expecting the just eat-voucher and hoody.
    Was yours delivered by An Post or by courier? Haven't heard anything back since and hoping I didn't miss the delivery!

Was yours delivered by An Post or by courier? Haven't heard anything back since and hoping I didn't miss the delivery!

Mine was by courier and I had a email saying check the tracking number,have you checked your emails? I was told in first email guaranteed by Friday but yesterday I had a email it was on the way to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 greenandblue

Darksoul wrote: »
    Mine was by courier and I had a email saying check the tracking number,have you checked your emails? I was told in first email guaranteed by Friday but yesterday I had a email it was on the way to me.

Just as you posted that got a call to say they were outside! Didn't get any emails or tracking info after the initial email so was hoping they hadn't forgotten.

Nice wee pack, wasn't expecting the voucher or t-shirt!

Just as you posted that got a call to say they were outside! Didn't get any emails or tracking info after the initial email so was hoping they hadn't forgotten.

Nice wee pack, wasn't expecting the voucher or t-shirt!

Ya I was suprised with the extras and it's a nice setup indeed.

Looks like there are different extras in the parcels.
    I got a cap, somebody else a hoodie, and now a t-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Wins (and comps in general) are pretty sparse this year it seems.

The tickets to events and the like was a great little success I got serious miles out of the last few years. Covid has really killed that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Yeah I miss the preview screenings - I'd say they'll be few and far between until social distancing is retired.

I received my Skechers this week too - very nice. Fair play Katie:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 FRuitems86

I just had my first win 😬🎉 Irish times competition family break for 4 to castleknock hotel, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

magicray wrote: »
    This happened to me about a year and half ago (but wasn't an unknown number) around 6pm, when I rang back it was Hot Press reception and I went through the I've just had a missed call from this number etc etc and they couldn't help me ... but if you look at the small print for the hot press competitions if you're not able to answer the call, prize goes to the next person.

You could argue that it's unfair as perhaps your driving or maybe a shift worker who cannot always answer their phone or simply just busy at home.

Maybe you've lost out on a limited edition guitar or maybe it was just a sales person trying to sell you insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 OzKennard

G2016 wrote: »
    Win 1 of 100 prepaid MasterCards worth €100 with Tesco & Tayto

Text TAYTO and your name to 50400

I've tried to google for the T&C's of this one but to no avail.
    Anyone got any a website for it?
    I was going to ping them a email to see if my mobile number blocked.....apparently that is a thing if you enter regularly!

Will post if I get a response of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

G2016 wrote: »
    Win 1 of 100 prepaid MasterCards worth €100 with Tesco & Tayto

Text TAYTO and your name to 50400

I got a reply. Terms are "Only one entry per mobile and/or per person will be accepted into the draw"

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CPOM

I've rejoined Facebook after a few years - just for competitions. I need to add a few friends so my profile doesn't look fake. Anyone want to friend me please do - Crochúir Ó Máille is the profile name. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Does anyone know what you are supposed to be looking for in this
    Gormal wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 85,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I got a reply. Terms are "Only one entry per mobile and/or per person will be accepted into the draw"

I got no reply, on Three network

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

fritzelly wrote: »
    Does anyone know what you are supposed to be looking for in this

18 "Out of this world" Easter-eggs....... but I'm blind and can't see any let alone 18!

18 "Out of this world" Easter-eggs....... but I'm blind and can't see any let alone 18!

Nice - thought I was being stupid

Got my Skechers today. Apparently the courier left them into one of my local pubs two weeks ago assuming I'd be in every day. Must remind him I don't eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

It’s not Easter Eggs as such. Easter eggs in film etc are references / things hidden in movies that might refer to other films / people etc

Example Yoda from Star Trek in ET is an obvious one. Others are more hidden (carpet in Toy Story one is the same carpet in The Shining)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 FRuitems86

Anyone win the centra/ SuperValu Weber prize 🀔? I had myself and my partner enter every day on that one - really wanted one of those 🀣

PopTarts wrote: »
    It’s not Easter Eggs as such. Easter eggs in film etc are references / things hidden in movies that might refer to other films / people etc

Example Yoda from Star Trek in ET is an obvious one. Others are more hidden (carpet in Toy Story one is the same carpet in The Shining)

I think I know what to look for e.g. IDDQD is from Doom
    Not enough of a gamer tho for this competition, some there with just symbols

FRuitems86 wrote: »
    Anyone win the centra/ SuperValu Weber prize &#55356;&#56340;? I had myself and my partner enter every day on that one - really wanted one of those &#55356;&#56355;

Sometimes it can be a few weeks after the comp closes before they contact , so you might still get lucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

fritzelly wrote: »
    I think I know what to look for e.g. IDDQD is from Doom
    Not enough of a gamer tho for this competition, some there with just symbols

Same! Sometimes I pick them up in movies but not this.

Advertisement