Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

RTE don't pay for Zoom.

The TV licence is money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

RTE don't pay for Zoom.

The TV licence is money well spent.

Cant afford a subscription for Zoom but can pay D'Arcy, Duffy and Tubs €1.4m a year:eek:

So Zoom are being very generous in their support of RTEs comic thingy on Friday even though RTE don't pay Zoom for using their services.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I would say any café, library, any place of public custom must cry when they see her coming. She’d have all management on speed dial and would set up a “racist” scenario if there wasn’t one ready made for her. To me she is an individual with a personality disorder That has got herself a public platform. I recall an equally loathsome white suprematist from SA whom I encountered in my work who was mad as a hatter, and once got himself a nomination from one of the two formerly big political parties, but failed to get elected as a councillor or TD, many years ago. Used to come in to where I worked and loudly voice his hatred for people of Arab ethnicity. They actually used to laugh h

She'll ask for a coffee. The staff will say "Black or white?". She'll then cry racism and the coffee shop will be shut.

The End.

I should go on this quiz. The questions are super easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

if he is in control of the computers this will be one to remember

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Nobody will believe this
    But rte.ie/ray does not work

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Ray picking up the death and misery baton from Liveline

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Fcukin Italia 90.. AGAIN

It's been done to death.

Ray: Well done to everyone in Thurles.

Caller: Templemore, Ray, Templemore. Home of the guards.

Ray: Ya Ya Ya Ya

Worth every penny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭mountain

Rte just love talking about how they and all their friends are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭mountain

Rte just love talking about how wonderful they are their friends are.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

mountain wrote: »
    Rte just love talking about how they and all their friends are.

Rich?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Not listening today but im assuming a half to three quarters of the show is Ray talking about comic relief and his segment on the den?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Not listening today but im assuming a half to three quarters of the show is Ray talking about comic relief and his segment on the den?

That and purridge

He got a day off - probably cos he "worked" Friday night

BPKS wrote: »
    He got a day off - probably cos he "worked" Friday night

Ahh bollocks, he'll be insufferable so, 90 mins of details of his 3 days off to walk around making porridge, bread and to take photos of local birds. :D

I think he said he was off for the week.

Fair enough, he has earned the week off.....

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

He was off today, Catherine Thomas sitting in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well apparently the Niall Horan thing didn't go down well with a certain (YANK) section of Horan's fan base. For once I'll say Ray was smart, did the Comic Relief, and has now taken the week off.

Although anyone could've seen the skit with Niall for what it was, A SKIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Maybe there is more to this than is apparent now. So Darcy goes into hiding as a large section of Niall Horan fans expressed outrage. Independent.ie are running an article that he has been taken off the air to let it die down.

I shall await developments.......

I've seen it mentioned, that Niall himself was in on it along with Ray.

So I don't see what all the outrage is/was all about.

what's the story with Niall Horan?

Ray said last Friday, before handing over to Drivetime, that he's be off this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Poor Niall Horan, it's a travesty.

Roasted by a turkey :)

sligojoek wrote: »
    what's the story with Niall Horan?

Ray said last Friday, before handing over to Drivetime, that he's be off this week.

There was a skit on RTÉ does Comic Relief on Friday evening, involving Niall performing, only to be cut off and "insulted" by Dustin. It hasn't gone down well at all with Niall's American following, who thought he was rudely interrupted and disrespected.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    There was a skit on RTÉ does Comic Relief on Friday evening, involving Niall performing, only to be cut off and "insulted" by Dustin. It hasn't gone down well at all with Niall's American following, who thought he was rudely interrupted and disrespected.

Thanks for that.
    If those Americans had watched the Den back in the day or knew anything about Dustin's form, they'd probably have "got it" or maybe not.

Podge and Rodge did a similar thing to Donna and Joseph Mccaul. Cut to an ad break half way through their first verse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I think RTE have been good enough to Niall Horan with all the time they have given him to promote his solo stuff, when really there are far more deserving singer song writers in the country. It's Comic Relief anyway, so the "famous people" are meant to suck it up while they are ridiculed for money. They are not there to give us the hard sell on their wares (i.e. like what they would usually do on an RTE appearance)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

Was there sports after 4?

• Advertisement

I heard a bit of the show yesterday and, as you know, Ray is off this week (hopefully on a which-button-does-what? training course) and Kathryn Thomas is in loco parentis.

To be fair to her, and maybe it’s more about me being a bit more relaxed after four months of enforced peace and quiet, she seemed much less shouty, and more human; chatting to people re-opening their businesses who she seemed to know (through Operation Transformation, I think) letting them tell their story, encouraging and agreeing with them, wishing them well and all of that good stuff.

She even managed to get to the news on time at 4pm, despite the best efforts of a guy who was weaving his entire life history into what should have been a one minute story. And she did it politely. Fingers crossed for the future.

Advertisement