Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Ray can’t get a bleedin word in!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

BPKS wrote: »
    50 tickets for each mass.

Can just see some dodgy fella hanging around outside the Church gate "Anyone buying or selling a ticket"

Larry David did that in Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Ticket touts outside the synagogue because space was limited.

"State racism"

F off Ray

"We as a nation"

And she Nigerian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭bigroad

I find her very difficult to understand.

• Advertisement

Ray: Ya Ya Ya Ya Ya Ya

bigroad wrote: »
    I find her very difficult to understand.

So does Ray!

Did she even come up for air?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well, how bad was she?

And by bad I mean racist to indigenous whites.....

Well, how bad was she?

Hard to know. She was "doing the accent". I picked up the word "racist" about 5 times per minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Well, how bad was she?

She is a divisive race baiting cunt, an utter absolute CUNT

The shame here is RTE, the Irish Times and other main stream media institutions fawn over the likes of her and never ever critisize ANY of her points - it's like they think that any criticism would be "racist" so they are terrified and just meekly agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

She is a divisive race baiting cunt, an utter absolute CUNT

The shame here is RTE, the Irish Times and other main stream media institutions fawn over the likes of her and never ever critisize ANY of her points - it's like they think that any criticism would be "racist" so they are terrified and just meekly agree.

Pretty much the nail on the head here, she comes across like that in all her appearances. One only has to read her history of tweets; divisive, finger-pointing, us against them. A very dangerous attitude that could drive people apart and cause resentment. And seemingly no-one is allowed to question her publicly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

The lack of challenge of any kind from D'Arcy just demonstrates his lack of courage. Ray's priority with guests like this is not to end up on the wrong side of twitter, not to ask serious questions. So when Ray is told that we have been racist in history, Ray says "oh right, yeah" as opposed to maybe something like "the Irish didn't have time to be oppressive to other nations or races as we were under the boot of the English for most of the period of time you were talking about".

There is a concerted effort in the media for the last few weeks to paint all Irish as racists, and Ebun Joseph fits perfectly with this narrative.

The lack of challenge of any kind from D'Arcy just demonstrates his lack of courage. Ray's priority with guests like this is not to end up on the wrong side of twitter, not to ask serious questions. So when Ray is told that we have been racist in history, Ray says "oh right, yeah" as opposed to maybe something like "the Irish didn't have time to be oppressive to other nations or races as we were under the boot of the English for most of the period of time you were talking about".

There is a concerted effort in the media for the last few weeks to paint all Irish as racists, and Ebun Joseph fits perfectly with this narrative.

She’s possibly the biggest racist I’ve ever heard in this country tbh.

Has anyone in the media had the courage to face up to Ebun Joseph? Or are they too much in awe of her “knowledge” with that PhD to bash people down with.

How she got that degree awarded, I wonder. 4 years of “research” which only proved “how racist and enslaving of Black people all white people are” apparently in the absence of all other types of racism and enslavement. As an alleged academic she never seems to quote comparative statistics or reasoning, just biased sounding statements. It would be a bit like a GP saying “don’t eat anything, all food makes you fat”.

I did notice Ray vaguely attempted to curb her, not at all effectively as she just talked loudly over him. I’d say UCD must be cringing slightly about her all the same, at least some of the top academics there must be as she really lets the institution down badly. There must have been some discussion as to whether they would award her that “end degree”, and I’d say things had got just too far when they let her proceed with it and they were afraid of a very public legal challenge she would mount. She certainly has never attempted to pose a rational argument for her cause and has relied on very in academic emotional rhetoric.

phonypony wrote: »
    Pretty much the nail on the head here, she comes across like that in all her appearances. One only has to read her history of tweets; divisive, finger-pointing, us against them. A very dangerous attitude that could drive people apart and cause resentment. And seemingly no-one is allowed to question her publicly.

Niall Boylan did and it was great, but the video seems to be removed - even the bitchute one ...

Has anyone in the media had the courage to face up to Ebun Joseph? Or are they too much in awe of her “knowledge” with that PhD to bash people down with.

How she got that degree awarded, I wonder. 4 years of “research” which only proved “how racist and enslaving of Black people all white people are” apparently in the absence of all other types of racism and enslavement. As an alleged academic she never seems to quote comparative statistics or reasoning, just biased sounding statements. It would be a bit like a GP saying “don’t eat anything, all food makes you fat”.

I did notice Ray vaguely attempted to curb her, not at all effectively as she just talked loudly over him. I’d say UCD must be cringing slightly about her all the same, at least some of the top academics there must be as she really lets the institution down badly. There must have been some discussion as to whether they would award her that “end degree”, and I’d say things had got just too far when they let her proceed with it and they were afraid of a very public legal challenge she would mount. She certainly has never attempted to pose a rational argument for her cause and has relied on very in academic emotional rhetoric.

Ironically she would have achieved everything she has here based solely on identity politics.

UCD are probably just as terrified of her as politicians/the media, any "wrong" move by them and it's they are sued for racism

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

Niall Boylan did and it was great, but the video seems to be removed - even the bitchute one ...

That's right, he took her on fairly and fearlessly. And ultimately he's been silenced too.

phonypony wrote: »
    That's right, he took her on fairly and fearlessly. And ultimately he's been silenced too.

Yep, the likes of RTE and Irish Times with a straight face would call him a far right racist

Ironically she would have achieved everything she has here based solely on identity politics.

UCD are probably just as terrified of her as politicians/the media, any "wrong" move by them and it's they are sued for racism

Let them defend themselves legally against her, surely a court would be able to distinguish her assertions from the truth and reality. I am quite sure there is a much more able and less aggressive individual to take her place and discuss everything in a balanced and rational way.

They would not award a doctor an advanced medical qualification on the basis they printed eg Versatis, over every other remedy. It’s sheer madness.

• Advertisement

I know from a colleague the bauld "Doctor" has been dicussed openly and behind closed doors in UCD re. the reputational damage she's allegedly (of course) causing and the attention she's garnering with her rantings. The difficulty they have is in this uber-woke environment we now find ourselves is that by tacling her now they know how it will be spun in de meeja.

Don't forget you had a Senior Minister in the last Government openly calling for gender quotas and more diversity amongst academics in Universities, and throw in the colour and immigrant elements here and you have a PR cluster**** omnishambles.

The problem is this (as in her racist rantings - and they are racist) wasn't nipped in the bud when she first started making a name for herself - which is what I believe a lot of this is about. She must have an ego like Mr. Duffy's.

I saw that and he was perfectly fair and reasoned in his questioning, only to be shouted down by De Ribena Racist.

I would say any café, library, any place of public custom must cry when they see her coming. She’d have all management on speed dial and would set up a “racist” scenario if there wasn’t one ready made for her. To me she is an individual with a personality disorder That has got herself a public platform. I recall an equally loathsome white suprematist from SA whom I encountered in my work who was mad as a hatter, and once got himself a nomination from one of the two formerly big political parties, but failed to get elected as a councillor or TD, many years ago. Used to come in to where I worked and loudly voice his hatred for people of stab ethnicity. They actually used to laugh h

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

the world has literally inverted.
    The racist and nazis are literally most on the radical left. horrible people like yesterday have free reign. moderate normal people are jeered, attacked mentally and worse. You speak out you could lose your job, other clowns pile in mb looking for where you live.
    Its mob rule, hijacking events to destroy and divide.
    ballless ray whips himself into apology frenzy. won't work u are white ray, have a family, dat is enough for u to get de chop.
    to quote ur a useful idiot until they get a transgender it to replace u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Damian F

It was 20 years ago today that Today Fm announced that Ray Darcy was to take over the midmorning show from the first Monday of September. His show defiend Celtic tiger culture outside the pale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I hear it’s.....moooogy.

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Would you ever stop asking a question after you say something, you clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭mountain

Ray doing a zoom call on the radio....

Could you just not phone him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Ray just asked the Irish Zoom man if he experienced any problems growing up as a Jew in Dublin.

When the caller responded that he didn't and that he found Dublin and Ireland a very tolerant place growing up, you could sense Rays disappointment.

Advertisement