Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That Volcano High looked familiar for some reason.

Kana looked interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Never been able to get into any Oddworld games. Looks pretty though.

Not really impressed with anything shown yet, apart from stray and returnal. Which are only mildly interesting to me. Hopefully this gets better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Blows my mind that's what they lead with.

I played and finished that on the PS3 seven years ago.

Yes I figured they would come out swinging with this reveal.
    I had hoped for Horizon Zero Dawn or at least a Sony exclusive.
    The hardware doesn't matter to me once it's adequate, Sony's strength is their exclusives. They had Gran Turismo but that's not as high profile game as it once was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Tokyo looks decent.

• Advertisement

Okay now this is what I'm here for.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This has been extremely underwhelming so far. Load of **** shown.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thought the game was called 'Face' when the word popped up on the screen.

Ghostwire Tokyo - first thing I've seen that I'd be genuinely excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Is Spiderman still the only thing confirmed as 2020?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

J. Marston wrote: »
    This has been extremely underwhelming so far. Load of **** shown.

I always forget how bad these things are until I've watched too much to not wait til the end :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Really hope they finish with a bang by revealing Horizon 2 or something, but that's optimistic.

Can't believe GTA 5 was the big reveal at the start, couldn't give a shyte about that.

This from the Sword and Sworcery people? Because that was awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A new (incredible looking) Superbrothers game is immensely my jam. Sword & Sorcery EP is a masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

titan18 wrote: »
    Is Spiderman still the only thing confirmed as 2020?

Well, that game was. I've no idea what it was though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I know MS' third party effort was kinds of meh last month, but Sony are struggling to really show off the generational jump they want us to believe they can sell us.
    Gonna be a problem for the next gen boxes, with these limited tidbits. Little makes you sit up and take proper notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

Did they have a competition to come up with the best way to show off a circle, square x and o??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,847 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There's nothing being shown here that looks any better than what's available on the PS4. It's not really driving home the generational leap in technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

This is all very underwhelming so far

• Registered Users Posts: 37,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can you play 4K Blu Ray's ?

• Advertisement

So as it stands, it look like Godfall is the big game they're going to be pushing at launch?

Annapurna Interactive representing with Solar Ash and Stray. The best video game publisher working at the moment. Plus Hyper Life Drifter was great, so success.

McDermotX wrote: »
    I know MS' third party effort was kinds of meh last month, but Sony are struggling to really show off the generational jump they want us to believe they can sell us.
    Gonna be a problem for the next gen boxes, with these limited tidbits. Little makes you sit up and take proper notice.

Graphically the incremental jumps are smaller and smaller each gen and the 'fast HDD' thing they're touting this time around is hard to get across when it's not in your hands.

It's a tougher sell to launch a new console now really.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There's nothing being shown here that looks any better than what's available on the PS4. It's not really driving home the generational leap in technology.

But Clank Ray Tracing, apparently. Can't say I noticed. He was shiny though

This looks good now

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Any word on pre sale I'm trying to multi task and can't watch

Well I'm always up for some Hitman

Hitman 3 - best one so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Can you play 4K Blu Ray's ?

Yes I saw 4k blu ray and super fast SSD flash up on screen for a few seconds.

• Advertisement

Hitman could be good, and not too far away either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement