Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 03/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Don’t even mention his name in the same sentence as Mc Cloud

Yep. I thought Dennis Weaver was brilliant too )
    A better horseman than Bannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

RTE are flogging this to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I predict in 2/3 years bannon will have his own tv/radio show on RTE. These things happen.

How much do RTE pay this dude ?

€450k ish

• Registered Users Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

€450k ish

I mean Bannon ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

When Dermot passes away (and I wish him long life) rte will say legendary and much loved architect Dermot Bannon passed away, age 92. Some little sh*t that was on this year's LLS Toy Show will be presenting a Late Late tribute show for Dermot. Nathan Carter will be wheeled out to sing.

Some of you younger posters will see this show!

It looks like a bad Ikea set.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,686 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Riveting stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

They are turning into brothers.

Next guest: Simon Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

"contrived" perfect word to sum up Tubridy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I'm convinced that the more a person talks about how much they love books, the less likely they are to actually read them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

His room looked like a bedsit

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That interview was thankfully short due to the tribute at the start of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Why wouldn't he reveal his age? He has revealed everything else about his life including the state of his old underpants.

SO we just had an RTE staff person , bring on an RTE staff member to look into their family home - a tv show on RTE and got to look at his book case / lack of book case.

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,338 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

RTE are flogging this to death.

But only a fraction as much as they are flogging DWTS which they will be showing in full 3 times for anyone who hasn't used that other beauty RTE Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Now

The shopping channel

RIP Marian

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Oh, I need to have bookshelves. I need to let everyone know that I need bookshelves. It's just very important that everyone gets the impression I'm a bit of an intellectual, so I need to both show and tell everyone how much I love books and the shelves named after them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

I’m off for a pint to the local might be more crack ! The red cow

• Registered Users Posts: 54,686 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I'm convinced that the more a person talks about how much they love books, the less likely they are to actually read them.

He cannot shut up telling people how he’s such a bookworm. Pretentious, contrived twat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

sligojoek wrote: »

The gruesome threesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I mean Bannon ?

They don't pay him anything. He is in with a production company, they produce the programme, RTE pay them for it. If it's any good they can sell it abroad as well. The production company get some advertising reveneue from the likes of Munster Joinery who used to do the windows (Sean Doyle doing some of them now).

AFAIK the people who get their home done up have the architects fees for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,338 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Renault chasing the pink €.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

monkey9 wrote: »
    Would you tone down your racist bollix for once. Should we bang on about all the stabbings and gangland shootings as soon as the white baby is shown?

We’re taking in massive numbers of Africans and the consequences will be exactly the same as in London Chicago etc. There is an African gang war already in existence that gets zero coverage, in fact it’s actively suppressed, hundreds of thousands are coming over the next 20 years in line with the 2040 plan. Will you please open your fcuking eyes.

sligojoek wrote: »

His mammy wont let him out in the dark :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Was Dermot bannon in the rte canteen again?

Now

The shopping channel

RIP Marian

I think you need an "ornamental duck family fountain::P:P:P

https://www.qvcuk.com/secret-garden/garden-&-leisure/_/N-1w4r7ykZlfow/c.html?identifier=1000112

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Oh, I need to have bookshelves. I need to let everyone know that I need bookshelves. It's just very important that everyone gets the impression I'm a bit of an intellectual, so I need to both show and tell everyone how much I love books and the shelves named after them.

Yes tubs - lets everyone know about books.

A brother of mine reads about 5 a week - and always says, people who are virtuous about books are just wrong. :D

I think he got that wisdom fro books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

I know a fair few librarians who are full of this, use it as a badge of superiority. Post little how great it is to be a reader memes on their FB etc.

• Advertisement

I know somebody who asked all relatives and friends to donate any big old tomes on history etc that they were getting rid of, so as to fill her extensive home shelves with intellectual looking stuff.

Advertisement