Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is ****ing infuriating!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Theres no fear of the law.

No deterrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That's appalling, leaving someone with permanent scarring, damaged sight and facing burns treatment and yet walking off scot free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

greencap wrote: »
    Theres no fear of the law.

No deterrent.

Yeah well these Judges shouldn't be shocked when vigilantism becomes a thing. And I honestly would condone it, because of said Judges incompetency... such as that fella defending himself with a Hurley stick causing brain damage to a thug... **** that thug. The Laws protect them more than law abiding Joe...

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Honestly soon the only hope of actual justice in this country will be our own form of it.

The country is turning into a joke and in reality is going to need vigilante justice otherwise the scum will just take over.

Our 'justice system' is totally useless and totally unaccountable from the Garda on the streets right up to the judges. You only have to see the number of convictions by so many people out free at the moment who are running amok around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

I read this article yesterday and the guy himself who robs house says. “It’s sad to say it, but if I’m in your house and you wake up and hit me with a hammer or whatever, you’ll get done [prosecuted] more than me.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/burglars-secrets-i-love-creeping-around-houses-when-people-are-in-bed-1.4108789

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It’s sad to say it, but if I’m in your house and you wake up and hit me with a hammer or whatever, you’ll get done [prosecuted] more than me.”
    "If they find your body.
    No-one knows you're here but you and me.."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

How do the judges look at themselves in the mirror eh.

Probably because they know the little scrotes that they let back out on the streets won't be walking around their neighbourhoods in howth, dalkey and killiney.

They don't give a **** about normal working people having to deal with anti social and criminal behaviour everyday because its a different world to them.

They can sit there smugly in their sheltered life and lecture people about rehabilitation and giving people chances .

**** off

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Saying that this is a disgrace does not do justice to how bad this is. A juvenile caution for a very serious offence will do feck all to stop this happening again and the punishment in no way fits the crime. Totally ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

tastyt wrote: »

just to point out that this decision is nothing to do with a Judge

its the DPP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Not their fault, it's their culture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Riskymove wrote: »

its the DPP

Ah ya but why read the article when that'll get in the way of a good misplaced rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It really depends on their age. Juveniles generally tend not to be locked up unless they are at the psychopathic end of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Acid attacks, regardless of age, need to be seen as attempted murder, and carry life sentences. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭facehugger99

its the DPP

Stop - you're ruining it for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Kudos to the victims and their families for not taking this lying down and demanding answers from the DPP, though I doubt they'll get anything more than a contemptous brush off. Much of our state seems to view citizens as serfs, whose only purpose is to pay taxes and then F-Off. I'd be very interested to see what the DPP's basis not pursuing a prosecution was.

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Acid attacks, regardless of age, need to be seen as attempted murder, and carry life sentences. End of.

Some people aren't afraid of prison time, and honestly, life sentences don't mean much in Ireland. That's unlikely to change any time soon.

Honestly, if we want these attacks to stop, the best method would be to punish them as they did their victims. Acid on the face and body of the convicted. The attacks would dry up quickly then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

what acid was used?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Corvo

Acid attack the judge and shrug your shoulders when you arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

surely using acid goes over the line of leniency

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Ah ya but why read the article when that'll get in the way of a good misplaced rant.

The whole legal system is a joke, if it's not one branch failing the public and victims it is the other. DPP in this instance, do you really think they would have been punished appropriately had they been convicted? Being U18 here is a guaranteed free ride in a system that won't even hand out appropriate sentences to adults.

Using the misunderstanding of who let them off as a way to dismiss people's righteous contempt at this decision is odious.

Throwing acid at someone is one of the worst crimes possible, the damage done destroys people's lives as well as causing unimaginable physical pain and suffering. It is an act that requires preparation and planning and cannot in any way be justified.

The only appropriate justice for this is to be locked up for life, as a punishment for the damage done to the victim, to keep other members of the public safe and as a deterrent for others who consider carrying out a chemical attack.

I don't wish these acts on anyone but if it were Judges, senior solicitors and TDs families being killed and disfigured by scum like this we'd soon see a change in the attitude to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭buried

The treat the criminals softly approach doesn't work for society but it sure works well for the law racket's greasy pockets. Keep the scum free outside so they can keep coming back for the same offences using the same free legal aid we all pay for. Its a F**king disgrace but what can you do. The law society racket has the game sown up and not one political party wants to do anything about it. And sure why would they when they all hang out together laughing their holes off at the rest of us.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

biko wrote: »
    "If they find your body.
    No-one knows you're here but you and me.."

Dead men tell no sob stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

its the DPP

The article also mentions cautions for "two of the alleged perpetrators". There may be prosecutions coming for others. We don't know the full story yet (before anyone has a go at me, SOMEBODY should be getting a long sentence here)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭LeBash

charles.flanagan@oir.ie

There is the Minister for Justices email. Get onto him for it.

Steyr 556 wrote: »

Proper only leave prison in a cheap wooden box life sentences. Not Irish dog-year out in 10 life sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

What an absolutely appalling decision from our legal system. A young man who was meant to be having a career in football now has his career as a players in ruins because of the actions from these vile wastes of human excrement. There should minimal sentences coming from our legal system of at least 15 years for scumbags who carry out this crime on innocent victims in our country. There should be no deterrent for the types of scum who do this crime.

Shame on the legal system who let people to get away scot free from carrying out this crime.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

HangHighGallows.jpg
    Problem solved. And yes I'd quite happily pull the lever.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

BeerWolf wrote: »
    we all know how corrupt the DPP is...

Am I missing something. Can you expand on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

tastyt wrote: »

Probably because they know the little scrotes that they let back out on the streets won't be walking around their neighbourhoods in howth, dalkey and killiney.

They don't give a **** about normal working people having to deal with anti social and criminal behaviour everyday because its a different world to them.

They can sit there smugly in their sheltered life and lecture people about rehabilitation and giving people chances .

**** off
    They and their pals couldnt afford to live in Killiney etc unless they made their money frm these scrotes on the free legal aid scheme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

LeBash wrote: »
    charles.flanagan@oir.ie

There is the Minister for Justices email. Get onto him for it.

I emailed him, never emailed any minister before but I'm particularly pissed off by this.

Advertisement