Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems tuning Saorview in Laois [Split]

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That masthead amp is as old as the PSU in the house! It has similar saddle/clamp cable terminals too. Was it an amp you already had that he just reused? It's well weathered.

That looks like a Sky Zone 1 dish too, though I read in another thread that you can get away with them in parts of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    So what do I need to do to fix the mess here? Any recommendations for someone in the Laois area who can sort it out for me?
    This whole discussion from post #306 probably deserves a thread of its own and has nothing to do with the original thread topic.

I'm not in the trade but the install looks an untidy mess that I'd be embarrassed to say I did it.

Can you attempt to get him back to at least improve reception of Mux 2. I don't know of any installers in the midlands area to recommend unfortunately. Not sure if this of any help -
    http://isaa.ie/MAPS/map.html
    http://www.nationalguild.ie/saorview/view-saorview-aerial-installers.6437.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

C51 (Com 7) from Divis has been coming through with good signal consistently on one of my TVs for last week or so. Immediately after recent frequency reshuffle it was either intermittent or showed 'no signal'. Anyone else experienced an improvement?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Split from Saorview Frequencies

Advertisement