Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Enjoying this at the moment. I always had my doubts about Barry (first time I watched FC he was having an affair with Niamh, his student) and they seem to be confirmed now. It will be good to see Ciaran back (it may be far fetched a bit but welcome nonetheless) and Will could well be on the way to topping Ciaran in the mad sociopath territory. Shaping up for some interesting stories that will make up for the awful Heather/Hughie one of earlier in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I do think Robbies friend looks very deep/lost all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭threetrees

Wondering about Sharon Curley now. Is she after revenge and will kidnap the Collins kids or is it Hayley in particular she has an interest in. Odd that Ma Collins mentioned Harmony coming home. That'll mean all the Collins and Sharon Curley are involved in a story line.

Or maybe one of the kids (Hayley?) was born to Sharon Curley and Ma Collins brought her up as her own? Maybe Curley and Anto had an affair or something? I'm sure Anto has a history and is no Saint. I feel a new story brewing.

threetrees wrote: »
    Wondering about Sharon Curley now. Is she after revenge and will kidnap the Collins kids or is it Hayley in particular she has an interest in. Odd that Ma Collins mentioned Harmony coming home. That'll mean all the Collins and Sharon Curley are involved in a story line.

Or maybe one of the kids (Hayley?) was born to Sharon Curley and Ma Collins brought her up as her own? Maybe Curley and Anto had an affair or something? I'm sure Anto has a history and is no Saint. I feel a new story brewing.
    They are saying the she's Hayley's mother!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bazermc wrote: »
    I haven’t watched in a while

How have they dealt with Robbie passing away?

I think next week Carol is told Robbie has been killed

I think RTE actually printed exactly that, it's not a secret.

jos28 wrote: »
    Ooohh sexy cop is back :D

And Hayley is ready to jump Steve

I think RTE actually printed exactly that, it's not a secret.

Yes, I always try and use spoilers tough here because not everybody likes to know!

Is Anto still her dad?

Does Will work anymore or just stalk Damo and Mairead

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maurv2

Will is a slithery creep and always was, as far as I am concerned. His face gives me the heeby jeebies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I though Denzo was in Spain, how did he end up in prison:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

maurv2 wrote: »
    Will is a slithery creep and always was, as far as I am concerned. His face gives me the heeby jeebies :)
    Just keep seeing G.D. a person I despise.

I though Denzo was in Spain, how did he end up in prison:confused:

Did he get caught when he came home for Decco's wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Barry o Hanlon still looks the very same. Prison want too hard on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

Jaysus! They've completely retconned Barry O'Hanlon. To ensure that no one has even the slightest modicum of sympathy for him, they've made him a malevolent child abuser now. :P

So how much money has been spent on that old black dress now ?

So how much money has been spent on that old black dress now ?

It's a magical dress tough. It makes you look like Grace Kelly!

Jaysus! They've completely retconned Barry O'Hanlon. To ensure that no one has even the slightest modicum of sympathy for him, they've made him a malevolent child abuser now. :P
    As far as I know it turns out Andy is mistaken and it comes out next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

I'll take a wild guess here: Ger is Hayley's real mother - and just for the hell of it even though it sounds outlandish - Yates is her father.

• Advertisement

Give credit where it's due. Fair city was very good tonight. Glad I started watching it again.

It's great to see Barry back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Sparko

Barry seems too young to have been an abusive teacher of Robbie's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Doblin

Was it ever said in the past that Barry trained to be a priest ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I'll take a wild guess here: Ger is Hayley's real mother - and just for the hell of it even though it sounds outlandish - Yates is her father.
    Holy sh#t, Ivan Yeats kept that quite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Doblin wrote: »
    Was it ever said in the past that Barry trained to be a priest ?

Yes.

• Advertisement

Andy and Robbie are near enough the same age as Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Give credit where it's due. Fair city was very good tonight. Glad I started watching it again.

Theyre gone from a load of crap storylines, to too many being shobved together at the one time. Denzo back in the picture as well now, ciaran tomorrow night. I know its the 30th year bla bla, but too much going on. Probably, an explosion of stuff tomorrow night and then back to cass's bunnions and the collins mortage next week,. Hope im wrong but i doubt it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Yes, it is very enjoyable at present. I guess the new character Andy is in to fill in for Robbie? The abuse at the hands of Barry O'Hanlon was the big Robbie story planned. Barry was known as slappy and now we know why. I forgot he was a priest but remember it being said before. Barry will have quite a few enemies up against him: the obvious Decco & Denzo (and Charlotte if she comes back, Zumo too), Andy, Robbie's mother and now Carol and the less obvious Orla (don't know why she was angry with him to the extent she was?).

Yes, it is very enjoyable at present. I guess the new character Andy is in to fill in for Robbie? The abuse at the hands of Barry O'Hanlon was the big Robbie story planned. Barry was known as slappy and now we know why. I forgot he was a priest but remember it being said before. Barry will have quite a few enemies up against him: the obvious Decco & Denzo (and Charlotte if she comes back, Zumo too), Andy, Robbie's mother and now Carol and the less obvious Orla (don't know why she was angry with him to the extent she was?).
    I'm fairly sure next week Barry proves his innocence and he may have being one of the good guys.

Good Theory

• Advertisement

Erica and Doug close again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Qrt

the less obvious Orla (don't know why she was angry with him to the extent she was?).

I think her and Sarah were good enough friends? Not as close as Orla and Niamh but I think they were close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭threetrees

Lots of new stuff happening, last night's episode had more than some entire weeks. And more to follow tonight. I'm actually excited for FC for the first time in ages.

Sharon Curley, Barry, Decco, Robbie's mate and the history there, Will's deviousness will go up a gear with Phoebe on a scholarship, Erica/Doug, Ciaran returning, they'll have absolutely nothing left for Christmas at this rate.

Was funny to see Decco squaring up to Barry like a little terrier, he's about the most unrealistic hardman in soapland.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Really enjoyed last nigth's episode and looking forward to tonight.

I just have a gripe with the Ger/Sharon story;

Why did Ger allow her nephews Lee and Darragh to be terrorized and beaten up (Lee) by Aidan and for a brick to be thrown through the Collins' window which could have injured any of them, including Hayley?

I wonder could Aidan be Hayley's brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Thought it was stupid last night when Lee said to Hayley that she wouldn’t have a chance with DI Yates because compared to Carol she was just a kid. Hayley is 30 not 17 and in reality what man would turn her down.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Thought it was stupid last night when Lee said to Hayley that she wouldn’t have a chance with DI Yates because compared to Carol she was just a kid. Hayley is 30 not 17 and in reality what man would turn her down.

Lol the exact same thing crossed my mind.

I think the only unrealistic bit was that she might have been interested in him in the first place, it's over 30 years since he was in Glenroe so he must be nearly 60 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Muller1991

I think the only unrealistic bit was that she might have been interested in him in the first place, it's over 30 years since he was in Glenroe so he must be nearly 60 now.

I think Yates will be revealed as her Dad in days to come.

• Advertisement

Hayley really has a thing for the aul lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Hayley really has a thing for the aul lads.

Not poor, skint aul lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Qrt wrote: »
    I think her and Sarah were good enough friends? Not as close as Orla and Niamh but I think they were close.

Orla seems more annoyed at him over Sarah than the fact he was also responsible for the death of her aunt, Gina. Although Niamh didnt really care about that either if I remember right.

Muller1991 wrote: »
    I think Yates will be revealed as her Dad in days to come.

I think it's Georgie Burgess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I used to sell him cigarettes about 25 years ago and I think he'd left Glenroe by then. Didn't realise he was that old though. I thought he'd be about 50 maybe.

I used to sell him cigarettes about 25 years ago and I think he'd left Glenroe by then. Didn't realise he was that old though. I thought he'd be about 50 maybe.

Just had a look there, apparently he is 58.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Sparko

Are we expecting a funeral for Charlie or is it all happening in Canada, never to be mentioned again?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭KAMG

I have to say Fair City has actually been pretty good the last few episodes. It was gone to the dogs big time there for a good while. Long may it continue like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Could Andy be lying about Barry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Wonder will they play the original theme song tonight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement