Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-08-2019, 22:17   #1
Itssoeasy

2019 Preseason thread

We had one of these threads last Preseason started by RSD and I felt it might be a good idea to have one again this year. And also it might be a good idea to have a seperate thread to keep the news and banter thread free for what it's meant for.

Anyway, the Preseason is kind of a halfway house on the NFL calendar in that yes it's something resembling regular season football but isn't. I'm quietly confident as an Eagles fan about how the season will go, after a bit of a down year last year. Carson Wentz is fully fit and there is no safety net of Nick Foles now, so It's his team We got a look at what he can do when healthy and he needs to do it again. And there have been some nice additions and players who were injured are back. I like Zach Ertz but I think Dallas Goddert is a special talent.

So what are others expectations and hopes for their teams in the Preseason and beyond ?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-08-2019, 09:54   #2
jack presley

No real expectations for the preseason, just looking forward to seeing games again and the end of all the useless talk and filler in the media.

Just remember though, the 0-16 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in that preseason so please no crowning of champions based on the next 4 weeks of play!
07-08-2019, 17:16   #3
helimachoptor
#TitanUp

Im just waiting for the Titans fan reaction when Tannehill comes in and lights up 2nd and 3rd string defences
08-08-2019, 20:03   #4
Itssoeasy

Clearly the NFL are New York biased given that when you open the gamepass app the "featured game" for week one of the preseason is the snoopy bowl tonight between two teams in the one city in a stadium that isn't in the boundaries of the city they play under. Not that's I'm jealous or anything btw.
08-08-2019, 20:54   #5
Realt Dearg Sec

Bears fans will mainly be watching the kickers tonight. We have two on the roster, Pineiro who we got from the Raiders in exchange for a conditional 7th rounder, and Elliott Fry who we got from I have no idea where. Anyone who has followed the Bears at all in the offseason knows this kicker issue has basically become a sideshow for us, but both these guys seem to be doing pretty well and wouldn't be surprised to see both on a roster this year. I'll be looking in the hope that I don't hear the sound of a football hitting a post.

Other than that I hope to not recognise a single name on the roster to be honest. If the starters are out I hope they look like they are sharp in getting plays off, but not too worried about the result at all. And I hope that nobody gets injured.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-08-2019, 22:13   #6
Foxtrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realt Dearg Sec View Post
Bears fans will mainly be watching the kickers tonight. We have two on the roster, Pineiro who we got from the Raiders in exchange for a conditional 7th rounder, and Elliott Fry who we got from I have no idea where. Anyone who has followed the Bears at all in the offseason knows this kicker issue has basically become a sideshow for us, but both these guys seem to be doing pretty well and wouldn't be surprised to see both on a roster this year. I'll be looking in the hope that I don't hear the sound of a football hitting a post.

Other than that I hope to not recognise a single name on the roster to be honest. If the starters are out I hope they look like they are sharp in getting plays off, but not too worried about the result at all. And I hope that nobody gets injured.
With the near PTSD the Bears staff have shown since the playoff miss, I wouldn't be shocked if they make players go down when they get to 43 yards out and keep having their kickers take shots from there each time.
09-08-2019, 00:41   #7
Trojan
Ask me about websites

Send a message via Skype™ to Trojan
Metlife crowd & teams being evacuated into interior because of imminent severe weather.
09-08-2019, 00:54   #8
Trojan
Ask me about websites

Send a message via Skype™ to Trojan
Jones was looking good for Giants there.

Mayfield matched the Browns down for a nice score with the first team and #2s are coming out now.

I think Hard Knocks is probably more entertaining than the football on show tonight.
09-08-2019, 02:22   #9
Lionbacker

Jermaine Kearse for the Lions breaks his leg 10 minutes into the preseason.
Likely lost for the year. Must be heart breaking for him to get injured in such a fashion, in a meaningless game.
Advertisement
09-08-2019, 03:48   #10
Banned

Former Wasps rugby player Christian Wade scored a 65 yard TD for the Bills with his 1st carry of the game. Impressive way to start his NFL career, will do his chances of making the final roster no harm at all.

(5) thanks from:
09-08-2019, 16:55   #11
Oat23

Has anyone followed this lad's crazy story? I watched this a few weeks ago on youtube and I've been following him in camp since then. He's so driven to succeed.

Last night he returned a punt for a TD.

09-08-2019, 17:16   #12
Realt Dearg Sec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat23 View Post
Has anyone followed this lad's crazy story? I watched this a few weeks ago on youtube and I've been following him in camp since then. He's so driven to succeed.

Last night he returned a punt for a TD.

Jesus I've never seen a celebration like that after a TD. Cool story.
(3) thanks from:
10-08-2019, 03:29   #13
Banned

Saints getting robbed by the officials still. Looks like they are punishing them for getting the rules changed in regard to the PI challenge. Obvious no PI but the challenge upholds it. NFL officials are corrupt to the core, expected better this season. Didn't expect the anti-Saints bias in preseason. Shame on Goodell and the NFL!

I had pinned my hopes on the AAF as being the bastion of fairness in pro football, but obviously that didn't turn out so well. I shouldn't be surprised by the NFL, a leopard doesn't change its spots.

Last edited by Salt Lake Stallion; 10-08-2019 at 03:47.
11-08-2019, 09:56   #14
kev_s88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Lake Stallion View Post
Saints getting robbed by the officials still. Looks like they are punishing them for getting the rules changed in regard to the PI challenge. Obvious no PI but the challenge upholds it. NFL officials are corrupt to the core, expected better this season. Didn't expect the anti-Saints bias in preseason. Shame on Goodell and the NFL!

I had pinned my hopes on the AAF as being the bastion of fairness in pro football, but obviously that didn't turn out so well. I shouldn't be surprised by the NFL, a leopard doesn't change its spots.
More like Salty Lake Stallion, amiright???
(2) thanks from:
11-08-2019, 21:57   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev_s88 View Post
More like Salty Lake Stallion, amiright???
Very punny!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion