Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Preseason thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Poor question though. There a way to ask him a question that will get a good answer.

Ask Bill a good question and you get incredible answers. And he relishes it. You see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,832 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Ask Bill a good question and you get incredible answers. And he relishes it. You see it.

The questions I've seen him relish generally aren't whats in the news though. He's like a politician who is only delighted to talk about policy details.

Bill released an incredibly vague statement so the reporter wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't ask him about it. I believe no matter how he framed the question Bill was never going to add anything but it still needed to be asked

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Is he thinking why am I in the game at this point ?

I'd say for sue he feels pressure that Tannehill is there, but risking injury in a nothing game is beyond stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I believe no matter how he framed the question Bill was never going to add anything but it still needed to be asked

Seems like an oxymoron to be fair.

Hazys wrote: »
    Seems like an oxymoron to be fair.

Not at all and that line of thinking is really at odds with being a journalist. Limiting yourself to asking questions on topics an interviewee wants to talk about is extremely weak and you might as well quit and move into PR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I see Christian Wade while talented & quick needs to learn how to read the blocks and stop running for the goalposts ala in rugby. It's funny to watch, he always wants to get to the middle of the EZ so his kicker has an easier PAT!! (in Wade's mind).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

The Raiders vs Packers game is being played on an 80 yard field. The game is in Canada and due to the location of the CFL goalposts being in the middle of the NFL endzones, they shortened the field due to safety concerns. CFL goalposts are obviously removed but they are concerned with the square patch of turf in their place.

The 10 yard lines are now the endzones and there are no kickoff's, AAF style. The ball is being placed on the 25, which is really the 15 yard line. It's a very strange game to watch indeed.

It will be interesting to see the reactions on next week's episode of Hard Knocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The Raiders vs Packers game is being played on an 80 yard field. The game is in Canada and due to the location of the CFL goalposts being in the middle of the NFL endzones, they shortened the field due to safety concerns. CFL goalposts are obviously removed but they are concerned with the square patch of turf in their place.

The 10 yard lines are now the endzones and there are no kickoff's, AAF style. The ball is being placed on the 25, which is really the 15 yard line. It's a very strange game to watch indeed.

It will be interesting to see the reactions on next week's episode of Hard Knocks.
    As if these games weren't toothless enough, they have them playing the old camogie field!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

You’d think they would have realised there would be an issue when they planned the game there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

I mean how crazy is this...if ever a topic qualified for the weird and wacky general thread, this is it. Honestly, who organizes these things?

Apparently Matt Lefleur benched 33 players (prospective starters all) for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So the eagles game was called off in the fourth quarter because of lightning around the stadium which is fair enough if not a bit disappointing.

I saw the headline about the field being shortened this morning and had assumed it was like the HOF game a few years ago when the field was painted incorrectly or like Mexico City that part of the end zones was like a bog. But it seems that the packers and not the raiders complained about one square in one of the end zones where the CFL goalposts normally are. It seems a bit of an overreaction from Green Bay.

Raiders are some team to complain when a decent chunk of their home field is dirt for a sizeable chunk of the season, and not just in the endzone either.

Kyler Murray from what I saw and just looking at the stats has had a far better outing than the last game. He played most of the first half and finished with 14/21 for 137 yards passing but no TD's and no INTs. He also has rushes for 9 yards. I'll have to go back and look it in full but it seems much better. There is still nearly all of the second half left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Kyler Murray from what I saw and just looking at the stats has had a far better outing than the last game. He played most of the first half and finished with 14/21 for 137 yards passing but no TD's and no INTs. He also has rushes for 9 yards. I'll have to go back and look it in full but it seems much better. There is still nearly all of the second half left.

I saw a very small bit of this game and he made a beautiful long throw in the 1st quarter

Raiders are some team to complain when a decent chunk of their home field is dirt for a sizeable chunk of the season, and not just in the endzone either.

They didn't complain. Gruden said in his interview that they were fine with it and told reporters to ask Green Bay why it wasn't safe.

They didn't complain. Gruden said in his interview that they were fine with it and told reporters to ask Green Bay why it wasn't safe.
    We know that’s what happened but the poster you quoted clearly doesn’t care.

Am I missing something? Not sure what you mean, how is it clear he doesn't care?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

If you saw the video of the green bay coach stick his foot in the hole, you would wonder *why* the raiders didn't complain.... I'm sure they would have, maybe Green Bay got in there first? .

The field wasn't safe. Anyone with half a brain could see that. Both teams were well within their rights to complain. It was ridiculous.

The Texans RBs was carted off the field after talking a helmet to the knee.

I was going off a tweet from media the evening of the game, when they were doing an inspection, saying they weren't happy with it and presumed they were involved. Hadn't seen the Gruden comments so stand corrected. It is a farce that they are allowed to play their regular season with a decent chunk covered with dirt.

Not sure what has you whining but you can calm down there ;)

• Advertisement

After all the crap Garoppolo took this week he finished up the half he played with 14-20, 188 yards, 1 TD & 0 Ints.

As much as Monday's game wasn't a sign of him being terrible, this isn't a guarantee he's back to his best but definitely a step in the right direction and has me feeling a lot better going into the regualr season.

The most pointless week of football until the pro bowl week is upon us lads. I'm just thinking let this week pass and the next week is the good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The most pointless week of football until the pro bowl week is upon us lads. I'm just thinking let this week pass and the next week is the good stuff.

If you want meaningful football, college games will be in full swing from Thursday onward.

But you never know whose retirement might get announced mid-game either!

Advertisement