Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter Tournament... Ready? Fight!

Options
  • 07-08-2019 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

Some of you may recall I held a tournament here for Ireland's favourite chocolate bar. Well here I go again. Little bit more niche this time but let's see how we get on.

latest?cb=20080210004612

Most of us would have grown up with a Sega Megadrive or SNES. One of the top games around was undoubtedly Street Fighter. It boasted an array of colourful and eccentric characters with outrageous special moves. Who was favourite? We're gonna pit the 12 characters from Street Fighter against each other in a 12 man tournament. Since twelve isn't a tournament-friendly number, the 4 recognised Boss characters receive a bye into the quarter finals.

First to get to 7 votes will progress into the next round. Try to include reasons for your choices such as moves you liked etc. All draws are made using a random number generator.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Blanka 25?cb=20100422163458 (Brazil)

A mutant who grew up in the jungles of the Amazon in Brazil, after being separated from his mother in a plane crash. He enters the tournament in hopes of finding his mother.

SSF2T_Blanka.gif

VS

Guile30?cb=20120921202630 (USA)

An American soldier hell-bent on revenge for the death of his best friend, caused by tournament creator M.Bison.

SSF2T_Guile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd have to go for Blanka on that one. Just a better character imo. Owooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Always a fan of Blanka. Gets my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Blanka because I blame Guile's hair for Jedward.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Blanks bears Guile all day long IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Sonic boom for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Always Col. Guile. Sonic BOOM!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Blanka for the long armed punch

5-2 to Blanka so far here. Good tussle right off the bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pzermelzer

Guile, always my go to....

Plus he was played by Jean Claude Van Damme in the film, what more needs to be said.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Guile is extremely effective against Blanca when used right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Guile

Boom_Bap wrote: »

BrokenHarmlessIrrawaddydolphin.webp

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Will I count that as a vote for Guile?!

I make it 5-5 if Boomer's vote is for Guile. Comeback is on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Omackeral wrote: »
    Will I count that as a vote for Guile?!
    affirmative

5 a piece so. Next fighter to win 2 falls advances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

It's Blanka for me. I used to pick him when playing against my mates using the logic that he was a big green monster so I'm guaranteed to win (:rolleyes:) and because I was a huge Incredible Hulk fan as a youngfella.

Autecher wrote: »
    It's Blanka for me. I used to pick him when playing against my mates using the logic that he was a big green monster so I'm guaranteed to win (:rolleyes:) and because I was a huge Incredible Hulk fan as a youngfella.

Solid reasons. Plus he could electrocute kunts. That's why I'm voting for him and giving him the win.

Blanka wins 7-5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

My Blanka always wins against (my mates) Guile because of spamming Electric Thunder.

• Advertisement

My Blanka always wins against (my mates) Guile because of spamming Electric Thunder.

Hmm. I could always kick the shit out of the lot of them with Guile, but my favourite was Ken.

Zangief 22px-Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union_%281924%E2%80%931955%29.svg.png (USSR)

A Soviet pro wrestler, Zangief enters the tournament to dominate the competition and to shut down M.Bison's evil organisation from having influence in the Motherland

SSF2T_Zangief.gif

VS

E. Honda 30?cb=20120921015300(Japan)

Full name Edmond Honda, a Sumo with a chip on his shoulder regarding the lack of respect shown to his country's sport.

SSF2T_E._Honda.gif

Honda-san, as peaceful and immobile as Mount Fuji. :cool::cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

E. Honda because I though Sumo wrestlers were funny looking when I was smaller and because Vince McMahon had me trained to hate Russians back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Easy win for E-Honda, his handslap was paradise for the button basher.. Zangief seemed a little slow in comparison

Zangief for me because that spinning piledriver was a thing of beauty when you could pull it out of the bag.

E.Honda can f*ck **** up. Zangief was extremely limited but best against the likes of Ken/Ryu and Chun-Li.

E.Honda Wins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Isn't Edmond a funny name for a Japanese guy?

Honda for me!

Isn't Edmond a funny name for a Japanese guy?

Honda for me!

It is. Probably why he just goes with E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭petros1980

Thousand hand slap on repeat. Game over!

Advertisement