Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter Tournament... Ready? Fight!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

gwalk wrote: »
    Ryu!!

Purely to enrage the bisonites

Get up! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

Ryu. The people's champ. COME ON!

Bison would have you living in some oppressive right wing dictatorship if he had his way.

Ryu has no inner life.

Ryu has no inner life.

Bison is a poor mans Kim Jong Un! :D

Dude is a blank canvas. A pointless, souless deadened individual.

I hope all my M Bison brethren will vote against Ryu and his idiotic pallette change brother Ken in ALL future fights.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ryu cos it was always him and ken forme

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Bison is number two. Ryu is street fighter. It's like voting for luigi over mario. Also, if you had two good players head to head, one with ryu and one with bison, the player with ryu would win 9 times out of 10. He's by far the strongest character and best all rounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

No Matter. My boy Sagat will ate him without salt.

TIGER UPPERCUT !!

Pretty much Sagat all the way now folks this isn't a game, it's art and chaos and madness and immorality against faceless, mass-appeal, pijamas wearing "goodies".

We could do with more like Ryu in today's world - a killer of evil tyrants.

Reckon he could easily sort out Boris, Trump and the boys.

Bet women love him too.

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Bison can take Ken and Ryu, only friendship or some other nonsense can beat him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

M Bison

Because he's Irish (in the 'Legend of Chun Li' - dunno wat they were smoking when they decided that)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Well that was one hell of a battle. Good triumphs over Evil, but just barely. We have one last semi-final spot up for grabs. Who takes it, you decide. FIGHT!
    E. Honda 30?cb=20120921015300(Japan)

Fighting Style: Sumo Wrestling
    Signature Moves : Hundred Handslap, Sumo Headbutt, Back Crusher Bearhug

SSF2T_E._Honda.gif

VS

Blanka25?cb=20100422163458 (Brazil)

Fighting Style: Feral Electric Attacks
    Signature Moves : Electric Thunder, Rolling Cannonball Attack, Wild Fang Bite

SSF2T_Blanka.gif

E Honda, prefer his moves and sound effects.

Gonna go with Blanka here cos I like Brazilians.

Fourier wrote: »
    E Honda, prefer his moves and sound effects.
    Gonna go with Blanka here cos I like Brazilians.

This is peak analysis. Proud of both of you.

Omackeral wrote: »
    This is peak analysis. Proud of both of you.
    Okay, Honda allows a slower more defensive method of combat where you can hang back and slowly win through attrition which is an easier tactic to master compared to the frenetic way you have to fight with Blanka

OKAAAAAAY

I think Blanka is a bit like the incredible Hulk (my favourite superhero) because he is a normal fella but got mutated (by an electrical storm). So I pity him cos he's probably misunderstood but I also like his savagery cos its cool

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Blanka. Along with Ryu, my favourite character to use. No worse feeling when facing Blanka than him getting the oul head bite started. Bate the crap out of the controller trying to shake him loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Nice match, both similar characters. Both have the "don't come near me" button bashing move. Blanka far and away superior, though. Fast and agile. Could jump off the corner of the screen like vega and chun li if i remember correctly? Basically could do everything Honda could but with pace.

Blanka, easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Blanka - I dont like fat or asian people

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Blanka- Never chose either of them myself but he was a frustrating **** to play against.

Another vote for Blanka here. Half man, half beast and lovely cargo shorts. The electricity attack was among the coolest things in the 90's, right up there with Chicago Bulls memorabilia.

I'm after reading an analysis of their fighting styles and it's a fairly universal consensus that Blanka is just better. I mentioned earlier that E. Honda can hang back and win through attrition but there is a way of doing this with Blanka that is just a bit harder to pull off but will defeat E. Honda. The only benefit of E. Honda is that he is a bit better against very fast characters like Chun Li.

So I'll have to change to Blanka.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

Honda for me due to the sheer awesomeness of the hundred hand slap.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Love this thread!

Blanka for me - using Electric Thunder in a fight was always so exciting.

With a "shocking" change of heart from Fourier taken into account, we have Blanka leading E.Honda by a score of 8-1 so far. I don't see anything but a Sayonara in the future of the sumo champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

E. Honda for me! :cool:

jimgoose wrote: »
    E. Honda for me! :cool:

Looking for reasons at this stage of the tournaments please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Raised by electric eels. It's gotta be Blanka
    Bison is number two. Ryu is street fighter. It's like voting for luigi over mario.
    It's more like voting for Waluigi over Mario. And I think everyone agrees, Waluigi is cooler than Mario.

Advertisement