Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Draft Tournament - New Signups!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Interesting how 3 utd keepers picked, really shows that sad could pick good goalie! Really interesting thread to observe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

All time English league draft
    Dozyart wrote: »
    Lads i missed one pick,every other pick was within 12 hours.,should have made this a 1 day thing because the waiting is killing some of you....I cant guarantee ill be on within 5 mins of the last pick,if anyone else wants in then i'll happily stand aside

Yeah sorry I missed the fact there was a pick this morning and I thought we were still waiting for you from yesterday evening, so I thought we were coming on to about 20 hours which is why I suggested lining up the replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Morzadec wrote: »
    Yeah sorry I missed the fact there was a pick this morning and I thought we were still waiting for you from yesterday evening, so I thought we were coming on to about 20 hours which is why I suggested lining up the replacement

Never mind your apologies go get picking :P :p

jayo26 wrote: »
    Never mind your apologies go get picking :P :p

Doing the write up as we speak, just double checking he hasn't been picked because, yet again, we have another player where it's an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE that he's fallen down this far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Morzadec wrote: »
    Doing the write up as we speak, just double checking he hasn't been picked because, yet again, we have another player where it's an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE that he's fallen down this far!

If it's someone I want your BARRED!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,553 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think subs would be cool and maybe 24 hours where we could trade players if someone you missed out on and someone wants one of yours :) prob get too confusing haha.

This isnt FUT :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Suarez and Tevez on the same team.

Christ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I thought there was a good chance he would make it another round or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

All time European cup competitions draft
    The paranoia is setting in now.

Thought of a great player to fit my system, but not one deserving of a pick until the later rounds, and now I’m terrified someone will steal him off me and ruin the master plan. Also, picking him too soon might reveal my formation and tactics.

If I take him in the next round or two, I’ll be missing out on some top class players still on my shortlist, but if I wait too long, someone else might steal him and I’m left with no suitable alternative.

It’s a cruel game lads. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,553 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

martyos121 wrote: »
    The paranoia is setting in now.

Thought of a great player to fit my system, but not one deserving of a pick until the later rounds, and now I’m terrified someone will steal him off me and ruin the master plan. Also, picking him too soon might reveal my formation and tactics.

If I take him in the next round or two, I’ll be missing out on some top class players still on my shortlist, but if I wait too long, someone else might steal him and I’m left with no suitable alternative.

It’s a cruel game lads. :o

The paranoia set in for me after the second round, every single player I was thinking of that would suit my setup was taken. Another one just gone in Dembele :(

• Advertisement

Carra and carvalho a very well balanced partnership

Had dembele earmarked as a potential round 9 pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Current Premier League Draft
    Haven't picked a defender yet and really should with my next pick but there's someone left on the board that quite surprises me so may have to take him if he drops to me.

Dembele was vital for balance for me.

Personally I think I may have taken him a round early, but I didn't want to take the risk.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Dembele was vital for balance for me.

Personally I think I may have taken him a round early, but I didn't want to take the risk.

Perfect timing I’d say, I had him in mind myself and I doubt I’m the only one. Great pick.

Table after round 5:

484839.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Loving the suarez and tevez partnership... That's two that would give any defence nightmares

Sanchez didn't even occur to me.

Smashing pick.

Surprised how long Ballack had in the premier league. I had it in my head that he was only with Chelsea for a short time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,336 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Surprised how long Ballack had in the premier league. I had it in my head that he was only with Chelsea for a short time.

I was considering him alright. Probably slightly past his best but definitely very good in his time. Definitely outperformed certain other signings Chelsea made during that time.

Definitely wasn't peak Ballack that played in premier league but still a very good player at the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Think he was 29 when he joined, his peak overall was probably just before but he still had loads to give. Chelsea where a bit all over the place manager wise for most of his time but he was a class act. Probably got better the longer he was there as well.

He's the sort of midfielder who can do it all which is rare enough at this stage of the draft.

The 2008 Man Utd side almost had that season ruined by Chelsea who kept up right to the end in both competitions and Ballack was key to that especially their win over United late on in the season.

He also was a key player in Anchlotti double winners in 2010.

He wouldn't have been a good pick in an earlier round but at this stage with the midfielders on the board still I'm happy enough to take him.

There's one midfielder who has a great career longevity wise who I wouldn't put near him in terms of actual ability.

Also feel like I've longevity in spades in my side.

I'll post my pick as soon as I can, busy at the moment but I got the PM and haven't forgotten in case anyone thinks I have.

Ballack is a good pick for this stage of the draft.

in the right system, he will be a lovely one to have. there is no doubt he was productive at Chelsea, while not being the Bayern and Leverkusen version of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Think it's a bit early for Erik's on,
    Baines is a solid pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I was probably going to select Eriksen in one my my next two picks so he definitely would not have made it back to Trigger, IMO he is a better pick than Ballack (based on his PL years), although two very different players.

Eriksen is the most consistent assister over the last 5 years or so. That's a decent chunk of time.

Baines I think is a good pick, got into some teams of the season at a time when Evra and A.Cole were playing.

with the likes of Eriksen and Ballack, you're splitting hairs as to which is the better pick in players versus player.

a lot has to be about the system they're implemented in.

Coutinho is a solid pick. I considered him, but he doesn't suit the way I want the team to play.

Hopefully we get through the remaining 5 picks up to me tonight because will have her little internet access for tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Hopefully we get through the remaining 5 picks up to me tonight because will have her little internet access for tomorrow

You could pm a couple of picks to someone who isn't in the draft that could put up your pick for you?

Advertisement