Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lawless Ireland.

• 19-06-2019 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

What has happened to this country?

We have drug wars in Dublin, gang wars in Drogheda and now armed patrols in Longford.

Rent prices in Dublin averaging around €2,000 a month and €1,500 for the rest country, child care about the same. The banks not seeing people who are paying that every month capable of paying a cheaper mortgage. People waiting years for live saving operations and the elderly being plundered of their homes to pay for care in their later life. Dead patients left to rot on hospital corridors.

The country is a total mess and all this government sees as an issue is climate change because apparently 8% is a wave and want to tax the feck out us more, when there is nothing more to give and send us into the biggest recession this country has ever seen.

When will this madness stop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

The state has failed these criminals. They just need love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Here's an idea let's vote in FF next election, than FG after that, then FF after that, then FG after that etc....etc....

That'll teach them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Hmmmm lets as a country make tough decisions instead of talking and then a compromise that doesn’t even work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

When will these tedious threads end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I don't know but i love your name! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

leestone wrote: »
    Hmmmm lets as a country make tough decisions instead of talking and then a compromise that doesn’t even work.

When you say tough Brendan o’connor gets worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

We have drug wars in Dublin, gang wars in Drogheda and now armed patrols in Longford.

Drug dealers, travellers and drug dealing travellers I believe.
    The banks not seeing people who are paying that every month capable of paying a cheaper mortgage.

The central bank imposed rules on banks, no more 100% mortgages.
    ... and the elderly being plundered of their homes to pay for care in their later life.

Because their children don't want to look after them directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Supposedly we must embrace all these misguided souls and show them love.....
    Ummm very interesting so when I've a blade or syringe for instance put to me..... A) do I give them a hug or B) give them a bigger hug and a kiss because this is exactly the way I see it as the cops(Garda) can't do sh1,t or want to do feck all to be honest in my experience....

I can tell you all here though I've had enough and I've had enough in work also and have already been made an example of not taking any of this sh1te.... I will do whatever is necessary and protect my family and myself whatever it takes that I can do myself....

Prevention is better than cure.

We need to eradicate the entire Lawless family tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Yeah it was great years ago when all we had were various paramilitaries running around shooting gardai and each other, a few kidnappings, robberies and bombs in the mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I knew a lad named Lawless. Destiny summoned him and he did answer the call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Yeah it was great years ago when all we had were various paramilitaries running around shooting gardai and each other, a few kidnappings, robberies and bombs in the mix.

And 600 road deaths a year. But we were happy.

Well we need something other then the way it's going ,.

I do not believe in bombing or terror acts whatsoever by the way.

Maybe better laws, actual proper sentences, judges that actually live in the real world and not the lovely bubble they live in, prison that can hold the inmates and if not get the finger out and build the super prison we were promised....

2 billion on a children's hospital when they could have done in a much better place but could you imagine they actually tackled crime and did build a proper prison to house the scum

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

It's an unadulterated kip caller #TalkToJoe #LiveLine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Zero accountability in this kip. The scumbags are now well aware of this and are running the show. Also add litter pretty much everywhere across the country. Depressing times.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

I say, ten minutes of mindfulness set aside every Monday morning will solve it all and sort it all out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

I'm doing grand, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

I'm doing grand, I don't see what all the fuss is about.
    I love you.:) In a Platonic way!

Glad you're grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Sometimes I walk around at night with no particular purpose.

• Advertisement

Your Face wrote: »
    Sometimes I walk around at night with no particular purpose.

I believe you..... You fit in quite well... ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Here's an idea let's vote in FF next election, than FG after that, then FF after that, then FG after that etc....etc....

That'll teach them.

We should give the DUP a run for the laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Rent prices in Dublin averaging around €2,000 a month and €1,500 for the rest country, child care about the same. The banks not seeing people who are paying that every month capable of paying a cheaper mortgage. People waiting years for live saving operations and the elderly being plundered of their homes to pay for care in their later life. Dead patients left to rot on hospital corridors.

The country is a total mess and all this government sees as an issue is climate change because apparently 8% is a wave and want to tax the feck out us more, when there is nothing more to give and send us into the biggest recession this country has ever seen.

You cant really blame the Government for everything. Its a fruitless exercise. Society begins with the individual citizen.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Not sure if lawless is the right word to describe the problems that you highlight, but they are problems to be sure.
    Most of these have deep structural roots, and the poster who mentioned the electorate voting for FF/FG over again is not wrong.

I wish I had the solution but I don't.

It's not just us, Britain is in a right mess.
    And it says a lot when they seem so enamoured with our political representatives, compared to their own pig trough that is currently British politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭purifol0

Most non white collar crimes are caused by recidivist criminals that often started commiting in their teens. Many of these crimes occur while out on bail. The problem is the actual length of time spent behind bars for serious crimes is too short, and for petty(ish) crimes it's not a deterrent. The jails are full and so we've got a revolving door prison system. Moreover victims of these crimes are treated woefully by the system. We have no accountability by the Gardai to do their job, and the judges are basically untouchable. At least politicians are answerable to the voters, judges are not fit for purpose in the last century never mind this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

And 600 road deaths a year. But we were happy.

And hundreds, maybe thousands, of sex offenders in religious and secular institutions and in victims' own families and homes, many of whom went unpunished. A golden age it was.

There never was such a thing as accountability here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets. 

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets. 

Boxing fan? Think you've taken a few too many hits to the head if you think that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Boxing fan? Think you've taken a few too many hits to the head if you think that

Let me just hail a taxi for you…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

And drama queen's, where did all the drama queen's come from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Well if you take one thing at a time. Take the gang wars and feuding families. Leaving aside the strung out junkies that we see on the street, if the so called middle class stopped snorting drugs it would reduce the demand for high end drugs. As for 'gang wars' we happen to live in one of the most peaceful countries on the planet. I don't have stats but I would hazard a guess that our police force have not fired one shot in anger so far this year. Compare that to the 'home of the brave and land of the free'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

leestone wrote: »

"Tough decisions" always seems to translate as taking yet more of my money and finding ever more inventive ways of giving it to Denis O'Brien. If the law that's there was enforced solidly and consistently it would make a tremendous start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I don't know but i love your name! :)

Aerosmith baby !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

During the heroin epidemic of the 80's the Garda wrote areas off as 'no go', didn't patrol them and left it to vigilante groups to solve problems. And we wonder why most of these areas have low voter turn out. They aren't interested in a political dynasty that treats them like a problem.
    If the gangs were operating around D4 or Dalkey the army would be brought in. Ironically It's all the RTE coke heads funding these suburban shootings.

I know Mrs. Lawless, a lovely woman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

This is why it's lawless. Absolute joke of a justice system

https://www.thejournal.ie/wicklow-man-mugged-tourist-4698978-Jun2019/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I would suffer it all if Leo and that sniffling shït Donoghue were to get a public beating where we could all get a hard slap at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

They changed their mind about banning smokey coal this year because coal companies said they had to ban peat and turf too. Our domestic emissions are shockingly high

They defy EU directives to preserve bogs. Meanwhile Bord na Mona have the ballsiest marketing department ever who present them as environmentalists.

They increased the size of the national herd when it obviously increases our emissions. There is insufficient incentive for animal farms to convert to forest even though we have far too few trees.

So basically their sudden environmentalist position is total bullish!t. The actions above are massively detrimental to the environment. Simple changes- don't burn smokey coal or turf - don't increase the amount of cow farming - don't destroy carbon sinks and natural habitats - these would be most effective and easiest to implement. Massive spending on retrofitting homes is bizarre in the context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

They changed their mind about banning smokey coal this year because coal companies said they had to ban peat and turf too. Our domestic emissions are shockingly high

They defy EU directives to preserve bogs. Meanwhile Bord na Mona have the ballsiest marketing department ever who present them as environmentalists.

They increased the size of the national herd when it obviously increases our emissions. There is insufficient incentive for animal farms to convert to forest even though we have far too few trees.

So basically their sudden environmentalist position is total bullish!t. The actions above are massively detrimental to the environment. Simple changes- don't burn smokey coal or turf - don't increase the amount of cow farming - don't destroy carbon sinks and natural habitats - these would be most effective and easiest to implement. Massive spending on retrofitting homes is bizarre in the context.
    The domestic emissions are too high particularly the nocturnal ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheDiceMan2020

Ban beans. And bean burritos. Christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,619 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

During the heroin epidemic of the 80's the Garda wrote areas off as 'no go', didn't patrol them and left it to vigilante groups to solve problems. And we wonder why most of these areas have low voter turn out. They aren't interested in a political dynasty that treats them like a problem.
    If the gangs were operating around D4 or Dalkey the army would be brought in. Ironically It's all the RTE coke heads funding these suburban shootings.

Is it difficult to work your agenda in to evey topic I often wonder that, its not just you use to be much more common on boards.

Ireland does very well on a lot of scores its not perfect by any means but we don't do too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Screw that, the 'heroes dose' of psilocybin would do a lot to sort them out

Supposedly we must embrace all these misguided souls and show them love.....
    Ummm very interesting so when I've a blade or syringe for instance put to me..... A) do I give them a hug or B) give them a bigger hug and a kiss because this is exactly the way I see it as the cops(Garda) can't do sh1,t or want to do feck all to be honest in my experience....

I can tell you all here though I've had enough and I've had enough in work also and have already been made an example of not taking any of this sh1te.... I will do whatever is necessary and protect my family and myself whatever it takes that I can do myself....

"Because their children don't want to look after them directly"

Their children are more than likely having to work all the hours god sends them just to get by, I've been thinking lately about how I can make a living down home if I need to take care of a parent(s).

Drug dealers, travellers and drug dealing travellers I believe.

The central bank imposed rules on banks, no more 100% mortgages.

Because their children don't want to look after them directly.

Their children are more than likely having to work all the hours god sends them just to get by, I've been thinking lately about how I can make a living down home if I need to take care of a parent(s).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

USA should invade, let Trump sort it out then.

USA should invade, let Trump sort it out then.

We should invade ourselves, get rid of the descendants of the landed gentry that are driving us back into penury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Middle/upper class Ireland buys the coke that fuels these drug gang w a nkers yet look down their noses at the people living in working class/council estates destroyed by these same gangs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,619 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Middle/upper class Ireland buys the coke that fuels these drug gang w a nkers yet look down their noses at the people living in working class/council estates destroyed by these same gangs.

Its all coke no heroin? and only the middle and upper class take coke there is no polydrug use?

Deccriminiling drugs, enforce the law, and use strickly evidence based interventions to support people as oppsed to the ideologically based intervitions.

The largest double standard (imo) is where thousands of farmers in the west are being told not to cut turf, because the land is a 'special area of conservation', yet the department for Communications, Environment & Climate Action are inviting applications for exploration and prospecting licenses at approx 60 different sites across Ireland.

The sites are found to hold large quantities of gold, zinc, and several sites have evidence of diamonds.

Some of the current ones in the link: https://www.dccae.gov.ie/en-ie/natural-resources/topics/Minerals-Exploration-Mining/statutory-notices/Pages/Statutory-Notices.aspx

• Advertisement
Advertisement