Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawless Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

And drama queen's, where did all the drama queen's come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,135 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

What has happened to this country?

We have drug wars in Dublin, gang wars in Drogheda and now armed patrols in Longford.

Rent prices in Dublin averaging around €2,000 a month and €1,500 for the rest country, child care about the same. The banks not seeing people who are paying that every month capable of paying a cheaper mortgage. People waiting years for live saving operations and the elderly being plundered of their homes to pay for care in their later life. Dead patients left to rot on hospital corridors.

The country is a total mess and all this government sees as an issue is climate change because apparently 8% is a wave and want to tax the feck out us more, when there is nothing more to give and send us into the biggest recession this country has ever seen.

When will this madness stop?

Well if you take one thing at a time. Take the gang wars and feuding families. Leaving aside the strung out junkies that we see on the street, if the so called middle class stopped snorting drugs it would reduce the demand for high end drugs. As for 'gang wars' we happen to live in one of the most peaceful countries on the planet. I don't have stats but I would hazard a guess that our police force have not fired one shot in anger so far this year. Compare that to the 'home of the brave and land of the free'

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

leestone wrote: »
    Hmmmm lets as a country make tough decisions instead of talking and then a compromise that doesn’t even work.

"Tough decisions" always seems to translate as taking yet more of my money and finding ever more inventive ways of giving it to Denis O'Brien. If the law that's there was enforced solidly and consistently it would make a tremendous start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I don't know but i love your name! :)

Aerosmith baby !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

During the heroin epidemic of the 80's the Garda wrote areas off as 'no go', didn't patrol them and left it to vigilante groups to solve problems. And we wonder why most of these areas have low voter turn out. They aren't interested in a political dynasty that treats them like a problem.
    If the gangs were operating around D4 or Dalkey the army would be brought in. Ironically It's all the RTE coke heads funding these suburban shootings.
    We need to eradicate the entire Lawless family tree.

I know Mrs. Lawless, a lovely woman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

This is why it's lawless. Absolute joke of a justice system

https://www.thejournal.ie/wicklow-man-mugged-tourist-4698978-Jun2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I would suffer it all if Leo and that sniffling shït Donoghue were to get a public beating where we could all get a hard slap at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

They changed their mind about banning smokey coal this year because coal companies said they had to ban peat and turf too. Our domestic emissions are shockingly high

They defy EU directives to preserve bogs. Meanwhile Bord na Mona have the ballsiest marketing department ever who present them as environmentalists.

They increased the size of the national herd when it obviously increases our emissions. There is insufficient incentive for animal farms to convert to forest even though we have far too few trees.

So basically their sudden environmentalist position is total bullish!t. The actions above are massively detrimental to the environment. Simple changes- don't burn smokey coal or turf - don't increase the amount of cow farming - don't destroy carbon sinks and natural habitats - these would be most effective and easiest to implement. Massive spending on retrofitting homes is bizarre in the context.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

They changed their mind about banning smokey coal this year because coal companies said they had to ban peat and turf too. Our domestic emissions are shockingly high

They defy EU directives to preserve bogs. Meanwhile Bord na Mona have the ballsiest marketing department ever who present them as environmentalists.

They increased the size of the national herd when it obviously increases our emissions. There is insufficient incentive for animal farms to convert to forest even though we have far too few trees.

So basically their sudden environmentalist position is total bullish!t. The actions above are massively detrimental to the environment. Simple changes- don't burn smokey coal or turf - don't increase the amount of cow farming - don't destroy carbon sinks and natural habitats - these would be most effective and easiest to implement. Massive spending on retrofitting homes is bizarre in the context.
    The domestic emissions are too high particularly the nocturnal ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheDiceMan2020

Ban beans. And bean burritos. Christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

During the heroin epidemic of the 80's the Garda wrote areas off as 'no go', didn't patrol them and left it to vigilante groups to solve problems. And we wonder why most of these areas have low voter turn out. They aren't interested in a political dynasty that treats them like a problem.
    If the gangs were operating around D4 or Dalkey the army would be brought in. Ironically It's all the RTE coke heads funding these suburban shootings.

Is it difficult to work your agenda in to evey topic I often wonder that, its not just you use to be much more common on boards.

Ireland does very well on a lot of scores its not perfect by any means but we don't do too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

The state has failed these criminals. They just need love.

Screw that, the 'heroes dose' of psilocybin would do a lot to sort them out

Supposedly we must embrace all these misguided souls and show them love.....
    Ummm very interesting so when I've a blade or syringe for instance put to me..... A) do I give them a hug or B) give them a bigger hug and a kiss because this is exactly the way I see it as the cops(Garda) can't do sh1,t or want to do feck all to be honest in my experience....

I can tell you all here though I've had enough and I've had enough in work also and have already been made an example of not taking any of this sh1te.... I will do whatever is necessary and protect my family and myself whatever it takes that I can do myself....

"Because their children don't want to look after them directly"

Their children are more than likely having to work all the hours god sends them just to get by, I've been thinking lately about how I can make a living down home if I need to take care of a parent(s).

Drug dealers, travellers and drug dealing travellers I believe.

The central bank imposed rules on banks, no more 100% mortgages.

Because their children don't want to look after them directly.

Their children are more than likely having to work all the hours god sends them just to get by, I've been thinking lately about how I can make a living down home if I need to take care of a parent(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

USA should invade, let Trump sort it out then.

USA should invade, let Trump sort it out then.

We should invade ourselves, get rid of the descendants of the landed gentry that are driving us back into penury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Middle/upper class Ireland buys the coke that fuels these drug gang w a nkers yet look down their noses at the people living in working class/council estates destroyed by these same gangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Middle/upper class Ireland buys the coke that fuels these drug gang w a nkers yet look down their noses at the people living in working class/council estates destroyed by these same gangs.

Its all coke no heroin? and only the middle and upper class take coke there is no polydrug use?

Deccriminiling drugs, enforce the law, and use strickly evidence based interventions to support people as oppsed to the ideologically based intervitions.

The largest double standard (imo) is where thousands of farmers in the west are being told not to cut turf, because the land is a 'special area of conservation', yet the department for Communications, Environment & Climate Action are inviting applications for exploration and prospecting licenses at approx 60 different sites across Ireland.

The sites are found to hold large quantities of gold, zinc, and several sites have evidence of diamonds.

Some of the current ones in the link: https://www.dccae.gov.ie/en-ie/natural-resources/topics/Minerals-Exploration-Mining/statutory-notices/Pages/Statutory-Notices.aspx

• Advertisement

mariaalice wrote: »
    Its all coke no heroin? and only the middle and upper class take coke there is no polydrug use?

Deccriminiling drugs, enforce the law, and use strickly evidence based interventions to support people as oppsed to the ideologically based intervitions.

The point is the ones aghast at these areas and the drug crimes committed in them part fund it. RTE is rife with coke heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

I'm fed up with the Lawless family getting all the attention on Boards.ie. Isn't it about time that someone started a thread called Lawlor Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Here's an idea let's vote in FF next election, than FG after that, then FF after that, then FG after that etc....etc....

That'll teach them.

As if we'd do that...............hang on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Your Face wrote: »
    Sometimes I walk around at night with no particular purpose.

Nice try, but we know you must be up to something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

The largest double standard (imo) is where thousands of farmers in the west are being told not to cut turf, because the land is a 'special area of conservation', yet the department for Communications, Environment & Climate Action are inviting applications for exploration and prospecting licenses at approx 60 different sites across Ireland.

The sites are found to hold large quantities of gold, zinc, and several sites have evidence of diamonds.

Some of the current ones in the link: https://www.dccae.gov.ie/en-ie/natural-resources/topics/Minerals-Exploration-Mining/statutory-notices/Pages/Statutory-Notices.aspx
    Are the licences for prospecting in bogs? The EU directive is specifically about conserving bogs.

Do the farmers own the bogs they cut turf from? If they own the bogs then it might be fair to buy the bogs from them.

The fundamental point is that the bogs should be protected, not exploited by individuals or companies or the state.

Dub Ste wrote: »
    As if we'd do that...............hang on.....

I voted for the PDs in 1989 and for the Greens in 2007 - and you'll never guess what happened next - twice! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

I voted for the PDs in 1989 and for the Greens in 2007 - and you'll never guess what happened next - twice! :mad:

You got pregnant?

I voted for changing the way we do business in 2011 :)

I voted for changing the way we do business in 2011 :)

Let me guess! You voted for Labour because you failed to understand that Pat Rabbitte's promise meant that it would definitely be Frankfurt's way unless Labour won an overall majority!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

The point is the ones aghast at these areas and the drug crimes committed in them part fund it. RTE is rife with coke heads.

Maybe but I doubt if all of Middle Ireland is.

Advertisement