Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

lawred2 wrote: »
    How long ago did this thread become a list of people that people can't stand for perfectly explicable reasons?

If it genuinely was a thread for people you inexplicably can't stand it would just consist of a list of names and that would be an unbelievably boring thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Ellen degenerous - everything about her annoys me and id say she's an awful person behind the cameras.

I cant even look at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I cant even look at her.

Was watching Finding Dory at the weekend, had nothing to do so decided to stream it.

Her voice really, really, really bugged me in that. It didn't feel genuine-but then, much of that film didn't feel genuine-it reeked of cash grab.
    I'm a film nerd-I decided to put on Finding Nemo and see if it was me that was off.
    Nope, I found Finding Dory had no heart. Everything was off, and they couldn't recapture that little spark.

I reminded me tho-I can tolerate Kate McKinnon when she's doing voice work, or on SNL.
    But outside of that...urgh... even in interviews, there's some kind of 'better than you' thing she radiates.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Tom Hiddleston.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I was going to list some. Honestly, there are too many. Mostly rich and full of their own self impotence…

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

The two jonnys.

Unfunny pricks. And I'm sick of tipp people playing their stupid songs in my company because they think non tipp people find it funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I can't stand Chris O'Dowd.

Seems like a nice fella but I just hate him.

I think it was all the hype about his supposedly brilliant performance in Bridesmaids and yet when I watched it there was absolutely zero that stood out and it was a just a basic supporting part in a romantic comedy with nothing special about it at all.Jon Hamm was on the screen for very little time in that film and was 100 times more enjoyable.

I’m with you there. I just don’t get his appeal. And I totally agree - Hamm’s tiny part is one of the highlights of the film. He deftly showed off his comedic acting chops with way less material than O’Dowd.

I’ve never really like O’Dowd in anything. He amps up his Irish accent too, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Holly Willoughby

The fascination for what is the embodiment of a Mrs Potato Head winds me up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

catherine thomas, a lifelong RTE hanger on who thinks people really give a flying **** about her personal life

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Deirdre O'Kane and particularly that Appliances Delivered ad on the radio.

Yeah that's an atrocious ad. She talks like her bottom jaw is going to fall off like she's a ventriloquist doll.

Also their insistence on pricing using 95p really ruins the flow of the lines.

• Advertisement

I’m with you there. I just don’t get his appeal. And I totally agree - Hamm’s tiny part is one of the highlights of the film. He deftly showed off his comedic acting chops with way less material than O’Dowd.

I’ve never really like O’Dowd in anything. He amps up his Irish accent too, IMO.

O'Dowd and his 'O' Porter' wife are really irritating. Plus he never hides his Irish accent.

Now he's doing adverts for Irn Bru. He voices a toupee/ real hair. Never quite understand which, the ads very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Siobhan Ryan, RTE (rubbish) weather girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Jamie Redknapp

Pierce Brosnan.
    I don't why but I just find it hard to watch him in anything.
    I can't pinpoint the reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

O'Dowd and his 'O' Porter' wife are really irritating. Plus he never hides his Irish accent.

I neither like nor dislike him, but there's no reason why he should hide his accent?

I neither like nor dislike him, but there's no reason why he should hide his accent?

There is when he's meant to be playing American. Whether he's starring in Girls, or Get Shorty, he's so awful at hiding his accent, you never believe he's anything but some lad from Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

There is when he's meant to be playing American. Whether he's starring in Girls, or Get Shorty, he's so awful at hiding his accent, you never believe he's anything but some lad from Roscommon.

In “Get Shorty” his character is Irish.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

That person in the mirror. You know who...

In “Get Shorty” his character is Irish.

In Girls, he's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

blade1 wrote: »
    Pierce Brosnan.
    I don't why but I just find it hard to watch him in anything.
    I can't pinpoint the reason.

THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE WATCHING SO MUCH TELEVISOOOOONNN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

Dermot Bannon... My tummy starts churning and I have to switch channel immediately

Yurt! wrote: »

Huh,I watch very little TV but I'm curious how ithat would help.
    Say if I only watched 10 minutes a week, and if he only appeared once in a blue moon, I'd still feel the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

blade1 wrote: »
    Huh,I watch very little TV but I'm curious how ithat would help.
    Say if I only watched 10 minutes a week, and if he only appeared once in a blue moon, I'd still feel the same.

Gotcha now!:pac:
    A tough watch though!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Now he's doing adverts for Irn Bru. He voices a toupee/ real hair. Never quite understand which, the ads very odd.

I didn’t say he hid his accent. I meant he hams the accent up a bit. IMO.

That annoyingly squeaky-voiced comic, Jon Richardson. He's the kind of tedious little bore who smugly corrects peoples grammar at parties and thinks being self-deprecating offsets how condescending he is. I think he's married in which case I pity his wife. I bet she never does anything right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

And that's just the shortened version...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Judy Murray.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Or FILLLLLMMMMMS!

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    That annoyingly squeaky-voiced comic, Jon Richardson. He's the kind of tedious little bore who smugly corrects peoples grammar at parties and thinks being self-deprecating offsets how condescending he is. I think he's married in which case I pity his wife. I bet she never does anything right.

I used to be able to tolerate him, his early stuff was pretty funny.

Has OCD-like tendencies, and has MILKED that for all it's worth. (Even though he doesnt' have OCD).

Him and Seann Walsh sort of came up together, and now Walsh has been painted as a major creep, Jon's profile has increased as Walsh has lost work.

Advertisement