Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

kmart6 wrote: »
    If the Raptors do manage to win the series the narrative will always be it was only because of the injuries.
    Still stand over this from last week, especially with Klay going down too.

Really need to do something for their depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Congrats Toronto glad you proved me wrong.

GSW really shouldn't have been in that game, partly helped by Raps inadequcies, but partly because they're so mentally strong despite injuries left right and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Yesssss get in, can't believe toronto are champ, followed them since they were muck not so long ago and thought losing de rozan would hurt them, you win 3 games at the oracle and you deserve to win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Amazing!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

A lot of respect between players there, great series, I love sports, you take the good with the bad and appreciate success.
    Great for basketball and great for Toronto
    A lot of what ifs but Toronto can only beat what’s put in front of them, as amazing as Leonard is, it was a total team performance
    Roll on next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

That was incredible theatre. Golden State get to leave Oracle with one final iconic moment in Klay’s return and pride knowing they had a shot to win with no logical right to, Toronto deserved it on merit and went 3-0 in Oracle over the series (4-0 for the season!!!). There were no losers, but the Raptors deserve their rings. Awesome finals.

Haven't won the Stanley Cup since 1993, nor the World Series.

But they'll take the NBA!

Van Vleet was superb. If you replaced Steph with FVV this would be going to game 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,564 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Unbelievable from Toronto, massively ballsy play giving up their franchise guy for potentially only one year of Kawhi Leonard, and now even if he does leave he brought them a championship.

Toronto's season may inspire some other teams to throw in big offers for AD this summer, even knowing he could leave after one year too.

We the north! Props to nick nurse

• Advertisement

Kawhi getting FMVP?

He was as effective as Durant was tonight, but I can't see him not getting it.

That’s the cost of having Durant, everyone stays healthy and it doesn’t matter
    Live by the sword, die by the sword

Haven't won the Stanley Cup since 1993, nor the World Series.

But they'll take the NBA!

Stanley since the 60s man. World series in 93

Stanley since the 60s man. World series in 93

I meant Canada with the Habs. The Maple leafs since 67 sorry I should have made that clear.

I know since the new lad's been in office NBA teams haven't been visiting him anyway, but would a Canadian team get an invite to the White House or would they go see their Prime Minister? :p

I know since the new lad's been in office NBA teams haven't been visiting him anyway, but would a Canadian team get an invite to the White House or would they go see their Prime Minister? :p

A few joints with justin!

First champs in history without a top 10 draft pick

This may be crazy but van vleet for mvp, he hit big shot after big shot in this series

Kawhi gets it, shame he didn't bring it in the last two games because if he did niether of these matches would have been close, but overall I'm delighted for him.

Bit of nothing comment here but my father was born in Toronto, moved back to Ireland when he was 2.

Died 3 years ago at 58 with Bowel cancer. Followed Toronto at all major North American sports (though mainly hockey), would have been great to have watched this with him. Always feel an affinity when I see Toronto do well.

Never actually been there (or Canada), people appear to have mixed opinions on it, but I'd love to go there to see the street he and my grandparents lived in.

• Advertisement

Bit of nothing comment here but my father was born in Toronto, moved back to Ireland when he was 2.

Died 3 years ago at 58 with Bowel cancer. Followed Toronto at all major North American sports (though mainly hockey), would have been great to have watched this with him. Always feel an affinity when I see Toronto do well.

Never actually been there (or Canada), people appear to have mixed opinions on it, but I'd love to go there to see the street he and my grandparents lived in.

Thats cool man. My old man died of bowel too. You should make a trip to toronto. Most peoples immigration stories are the opposite to your dads. Hopefully he is looking down with a smile on his face tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Currently in Toronto, had no idea this was on

The view from my hotel window at the moment

I don't mind the crowds etc, but there's some clown out there with a really loud car revving the crap out of his engine

Currently in Toronto, had no idea this was on

The view from my hotel window at the moment

Pretty cool. Nice view you have there. Should go down a join them. :D

Are Toronto hotels generally expensive btw? Compared to say Manhattan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Pretty cool. Nice view you have there. Should go down a join them. :D

Are Toronto hotels generally expensive btw? Compared to say Manhattan?

I would but I'm tired, in saying that I'm not getting much sleep ! Ha

They seem a good crowd though, good spirit etc down there, no trouble ! Cops have the square closed off completely now.

It was pricey tonight but other nights very reasonable !

Crowd getting bigger out there too

Siakam speaking french to a quebec reporter in the presser

Kawhi is already in free agency mode :pac:

https://twitter.com/Krisplashed/status/1139394844558680066
    Kawhi Leonard says bringing Toronto is their first championship is the most satisfying part of the experience:

“This is something they can build on.”

Yeah its a shame, some people talking that they'll always have an asterix next to their name for this.

Warriors are still arguably the best side in the NBA even without Durant, so to perform they way they did in the first 4 games against GSW deserves a lot of praise and people should be reminded of that.

It was the last 2 games where I know people thought I was harsh for questioning their mental resolve, but they were making very hard work of scenario's they ought to have bossed IMO and seen off a lot more comfortably. Easy to say that I suppose from the sidelines forgetting the Raptors have never won it before. Thankfully FVV stepped up and save them.

We'll never know if Klay had remained fit what would've happened in the latter stages here and game 7, but I think the Raptors are worth a championship over the course of the season. Did the ground work knocking out the number 1 seed having a better record than the GSW. Limped over the line in the end but I think history will be ok to them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

So happy for the Raptors and so happy for Kawhi. What a turn around. That video of him smiling and dancing is the best video I'll see all year.

Confirmed that Klay has torn his ACL, out until at least the new year, KD probably out for the whole season, both players going into free agency right now.

• Advertisement

Warriors dynasty going to be put on hold, such a shame it had to go down like this, you really couldn’t get worse luck, sports don’t build character, they reveal it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement