If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon CEOL RCDN10

Options
  • 10-03-2019 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a new Hi Fi system and the Denon RCD N10 seems to tick all the right boxes.

Are there any others that I should consider in the same price range?

What's your best Boardie price on the Denon RCD N10 at the moment (£ & €) and does it come with an extended RS guarantee; like your TVs do?

Thanks for your help,

ArcticFox

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

ArcticFox wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy a new Hi Fi system and the Denon RCD N10 seems to tick all the right boxes.

What's your best Boardie price on the Denon RCD N10 at the moment (£ & €) and does it come with an extended RS guarantee; like your TVs do?

Thanks for your help,

ArcticFox
    Hi ArticFox.

Thanks for the post.

The RCDN10 has been a very good seller and is a very well spec'd unit.

Currently retails for £369 or 419 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203651-denon-ceol-rcdn10-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

I could squeeze this down to £349 or 410 Euro delivered.

It does not include our 6 year guarantee free of charge but it can be added for 10% of the price. (£34.90 or 41.00 Euro)

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ArcticFox

Thanks for your help,

ArcticFox
    Hi ArticFox.

Thanks for the post.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203651-denon-ceol-rcdn10-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

It does not include our 6 year guarantee free of charge but it can be added for 10% of the price. (£34.90 or 41.00 Euro)

Fantastic - sold! Thanks Kenny
    I'll drop you a PM with my details now.

Thanks for your help,

ArcticFox
    Hi ArticFox.

Thanks for the post.

Fantastic - sold! Thanks Kenny
    I'll drop you a PM with my details now.
    Hi ArticFox.

I was off yesterday but hopefully one of my colleagues called you and looked after you?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sidegolo

I have had Denon Cel N9 with dali zensor 1 speakers for the past 5 years. I am starting to consider an upgrade. The Ceol N10 seems a nice little unit. In terms of sound quality, is the new Ceol the same as the Marantz Melody X (MCR 612)?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

sidegolo wrote: »
    I have had Denon Cel N9 with dali zensor 1 speakers for the past 5 years. I am starting to consider an upgrade. The Ceol N10 seems a nice little unit. In terms of sound quality, is the new Ceol the same as the Marantz Melody X (MCR 612)?
    Hi sidegolo,

The N10 is a fantastic unit with a very good amplifier. I personally think the amp in the Marantz is a bit better as it will drive a second set of speakers but in terms of sound quality they are quite similar!

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi sidegolo,

The N10 is a fantastic unit with a very good amplifier. I personally think the amp in the Marantz is a bit better as it will drive a second set of speakers but in terms of sound quality they are quite similar!

Kind regards

David
    The only concern I have regarding the Marantz MCR 612 is that according to the What hifi review the "sound lack excitement". If the Ceol N10 is similar then it would have have the same issue. I can't find any review on the What hifi site for the CEOL N10...on the other hand both systems got the ESA award in 2018 and 2019...

Hi sidegolo,

Kind regards

David
    The only concern I have regarding the Marantz MCR 612 is that according to the What hifi review the "sound lack excitement". If the Ceol N10 is similar then it would have have the same issue. I can't find any review on the What hifi site for the CEOL N10...on the other hand both systems got the ESA award in 2018 and 2019...
    Hi sidegolo,

I've heard them both running and I think it really depends what speakers you match them with. I've never found them to lack excitement, I think they're great amps and probably the best sounding mini systems before paying quite a bit of money extra.

I can certainly let you have a listen to them if you were able to pop in for a demo?

Kind regards

David

Thanks David! I live in Dublin so it's not the best option for me to pop over for an audition.

I do have a few more questions though:

- Does the Marantz support MQA with Tidal?

- Any particular set of speakers you recommend for the Melody X? Would my current speakers Dali Zensor 1 be a good match?

- As with speakers cables i have been using Audioquest G2 that i was sold with my the speakers and amplifier. Would they work with the Marantz or would you recommend any particular ones?

Thanks again!

Thanks David! I live in Dublin so it's not the best option for me to pop over for an audition.

I do have a few more questions though:

- Does the Marantz support MQA with Tidal?

- Any particular set of speakers you recommend for the Melody X? Would my current speakers Dali Zensor 1 be a good match?

- As with speakers cables i have been using Audioquest G2 that i was sold with my the speakers and amplifier. Would they work with the Marantz or would you recommend any particular ones?

Thanks again!
    Hey Sidegolo.

The MCR612 will do His res Audio up to 24-Bit/192kHz and as far as I can gather online MQA runs at 24-Bit/96kHz.
    On teh Marantz website it has the following:
    There's high-res audio support up to and including 24-bit/192kHz and double DSD (5.6MHz), and the M-CR612 has four channels of power amplification – meaning you can drive two different pairs of speakers in different rooms and adjust their volume independently

You Dali Zensor 1 will run well with the MCR612 but if you wanted a change you could look at the following:
    DAli Spektor 2 priced at £179
    [font=Open Sans, Arial, sans-serif]https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202964-dali-spektor-2-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx[/font]

Monitor Audio Bronze 1 priced at £189
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12897-monitor-audio-bronze-1-black-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

You would still be able to use your G2 speaker cable as it is pretty decent already.

I have seen the reviews online for both the ceol n10 and mcr612 and the general concern is the unreliable wireless connection.I sometimes experience the same with my current unit and i'd expect the embedded software to be better in the new models...anyway i will try and sell my ceol n9 first. Then I will get back to you to make the purchase for either the denon or marantz. I would not mind any manufacturer refurbished/grade B model to save a few quids :-)

• Advertisement

I have seen the reviews online for both the ceol n10 and mcr612 and the general concern is the unreliable wireless connection.I sometimes experience the same with my current unit and i'd expect the embedded software to be better in the new models...anyway i will try and sell my ceol n9 first. Then I will get back to you to make the purchase for either the denon or marantz. I would not mind any manufacturer refurbished/grade B model to save a few quids :-)
    Hi sidegolo,

No problem, let me know when it's sold and I'll see what we have available!

Kind regards

David

Hi sidegolo,

Kind regards

David
    Hello,

Have you got any refurbished ceol n10 available then? I found one on eBay for £269.99 + £64.86 delivery (https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Denon-CEOL-RCDN10-Network-CD-Receiver-Music-System-HEOS-RCD-N10-Black-N10/143508915550?hash=item2169cc455e:g:bwUAAOSwLMRcflxP) and i was wondering if you price-match.

Cheers!

Hi sidegolo,

Kind regards

David
    Hello,

Have you got any refurbished ceol n10 available then?
    Hi Sidegolo.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately there are currently no N10's in clearance.

They are priced at £399 brand new.
    I could offer a brand now one to you for £340 delivered.

Hi sidegolo,

Kind regards

David
    Hello,

Hi Sidegolo.

Thanks for the post.

Which one is better between the CEOL N10 and the mcr612 for lossless and high resolution music playback? I'm asking as my music collection is entirely on FLAC files and a few DSD.

Hi sidegolo,

Kind regards

David
    Hello,

Hi Sidegolo.

Thanks for the post.

Which one is better between the CEOL N10 and the mcr612 for lossless and high resolution music playback? I'm asking as my music collection is entirely on FLAC files and a few DSD.
    Hi Sidegolo,

The MCR612 and the CEOL N10 both have the same streaming rates as each other so one wouldn't be any better than the other in terms of streaming. I think it would come down to the amp type in both.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hi sidegolo,

Kind regards

David
    Hello,

Hi Sidegolo.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Sidegolo,

The MCR612 and the CEOL N10 both have the same streaming rates as each other so one wouldn't be any better than the other in terms of streaming. I think it would come down to the amp type in both.

Kind regards

David
    How much is the Marantz including delivery?

Hi Sidegolo.

The MCR612 is currently priced at £495 or 549 Euro. 
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13704-marantz-mcr612-melody-x-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

The 549 Euro works out to be the better deal already coming in a good bit below the sterling retail.

Hi Sidegolo.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13704-marantz-mcr612-melody-x-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

The 549 Euro works out to be the better deal already coming in a good bit below the sterling retail.
    Hello,

After careful thought I went for the new Denon Ceol N10 in the end. I ordered directly from the website (order number 127814) and it includes delivery (3-5 working days).

Hi Sidegolo.

Hello,

After careful thought I went for the new Denon Ceol N10 in the end. I ordered directly from the website (order number 127814) and it includes delivery (3-5 working days).
    Cheers for the order Sidegolo :D

Our courier will drop you a text with tracking details once it arrives into their sorting office.

Kenny.

Thanks! I got it delivered yesterday lunch time. Well, the thing i noticed immediately after setting it up was the big improvements with the built in software, compared to the CEOL N9. Faster and more responsive especially when playing music from my PC via DLNA server and NAS. I still have to get my head around Heos but that will take a few days :-) As with audio reproduction (especially with flac and high-res audio files) it seems more detailed conveying all the song nuances and with a more accurate mid-range.For now it sounds less warm than the previous model. I suppose it needs some run in period before reaching the peak or maybe that doesn't apply to amps like it happens for speakers. I tried to stream my Master quality albums from tidal using heos app and it only does 16 bit/44.1khz bit rate and not the MQA high resolution. Is it because heos does not support MQA resolution and it does the downstream to Cd quality?

• Advertisement

Thanks! I got it delivered yesterday lunch time. Well, the thing i noticed immediately after setting it up was the big improvements with the built in software, compared to the CEOL N9. Faster and more responsive especially when playing music from my PC via DLNA server and NAS. I still have to get my head around Heos but that will take a few days :-) As with audio reproduction (especially with flac and high-res audio files) it seems more detailed conveying all the song nuances and with a more accurate mid-range.For now it sounds less warm than the previous model. I suppose it needs some run in period before reaching the peak or maybe that doesn't apply to amps like it happens for speakers. I tried to stream my Master quality albums from tidal using heos app and it only does 16 bit/44.1khz bit rate and not the MQA high resolution. Is it because heos does not support MQA resolution and it does the downstream to Cd quality?
    Hi sidegolo,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you!

Glad to hear you're happy with the new amp, it is a great system! Unfortunately the app won't support MQA audio and it does seem to switch it to CD quality!

Let me know if you have any issues!

Kind regards

David

Hi sidegolo,

Glad to hear you're happy with the new amp, it is a great system! Unfortunately the app won't support MQA audio and it does seem to switch it to CD quality!

Kind regards

David
    Luckily I can play the MQA through audio nirvana from my pc which does the unfold of the file, rendering and then send it bit for bit to the receiver up to 24/96khz sample rate! Not bad at all! :-) I also tried a DSD album on my external memory stick and was quite impressed. Speaking of dsd, would you happen to know if the denon supports this Dsd format natively or do they get converted to pcm?

Hi sidegolo,

Kind regards

David
    Luckily I can play the MQA through audio nirvana from my pc which does the unfold of the file, rendering and then send it bit for bit to the receiver up to 24/96khz sample rate! Not bad at all! :-) I also tried a DSD album on my external memory stick and was quite impressed. Speaking of dsd, would you happen to know if the denon supports this Dsd format natively or do they get converted to pcm?

Hi sidegolo,

Kind regards

David
    Hi sidegolo,

I've had a look at the manual and the Denon will support DSD files at 2.8/5.6MHz.

Let me know if you have any further queries!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Hi Im

Considering this bundle https://www.richersounds.com/hi-fi/hi-fi-packages/denon-ceol-rcd-n10-black-dali-spektor-2-light-walnut.html

what is the best price you can offer and do you have any idea how long it would take to deliver given the current lockdown?

Hi Im

Considering this bundle https://www.richersounds.com/hi-fi/hi-fi-packages/denon-ceol-rcd-n10-black-dali-spektor-2-light-walnut.html

what is the best price you can offer and do you have any idea how long it would take to deliver given the current lockdown?
    Hey Cranky Bollix.

Thanks for the post.

Our bundle deals are already discounted down so I could offer it any cheaper unfortunately.

I could offer to throw in a few meter of speaker cable free of charge and also free shipping.

Kenny.

Hi Im

Hey Cranky Bollix.

Thanks for the post.

Our bundle deals are already discounted down so I could offer it any cheaper unfortunately.

I could offer to throw in a few meter of speaker cable free of charge and also free shipping.

Kenny.
    Kenny

Thanks for your response.

I am new to the modern hi fi set up with internet / blutooth etc , my current system is an ancient pioneer stack which is well past its use by date..

Can you clarify if the denon n10 is suitable for the following, if not, what would you recommend in a similair price bracket:

- internet radio
    - Ability to connect an additional speaker in a seperate room via wifi, if so can you recommend a budget speaker
    - CD
    - Sufficient loudness, I no longer need to blow my ears open constantly, but may like to whomp up the sound from time to time
    - I would also like to hook up a technics deck for playing vinyl, I understand with this particular system I would need a seperate re-amp, or external mixer as per my current set up, but I would like to put away the mixer if possible as it is also ancient and bulky, can you recommend a pre amp?

To my eyes the Denon looks like the best buy in the more budget price bracket, the only down side being the need for a preamp to play vinyl, but I am open to any other suggestions you may have

Thanks

Hi Im

Hey Cranky Bollix.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.
    Kenny

I am new to the modern hi fi set up with internet / blutooth etc , my current system is an ancient pioneer stack which is well past its use by date..

Can you clarify if the denon n10 is suitable for the following, if not, what would you recommend in a similair price bracket:

- internet radio
    - Ability to connect an additional speaker in a seperate room via wifi, if so can you recommend a budget speaker
    - CD
    - Sufficient loudness, I no longer need to blow my ears open constantly, but may like to whomp up the sound from time to time
    - I would also like to hook up a technics deck for playing vinyl, I understand with this particular system I would need a seperate re-amp, or external mixer as per my current set up, but I would like to put away the mixer if possible as it is also ancient and bulky, can you recommend a pre amp?

To my eyes the Denon looks like the best buy in the more budget price bracket, the only down side being the need for a preamp to play vinyl, but I am open to any other suggestions you may have

Thanks
    Hi Cranky Bollix,

The Denon is a fantastic Mini System for the price.

It will have Internet radio, a CD player and a powerful 60W amp (at 4 ohms). It also has Heos built in meaning you can buy something like the Denon Home 150 and control the mini system and the wireless speaker via the Heos app!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204525-denon-home-150-black-wireless-music-system.aspx

It does not have a phono stage built in for a turntable but there are no mini systems that would have this function. You would need a pre amp that will boost the turntable signal and allow it to be connected to the Ceol N10. I would recommend something like the Project Phonobox MM which is a discreet box that will connect between the turntable and amp:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201010-project-phonobox-mm-mm-phono-pre-amp.aspx

Kind regards

David

Hi Im

Hey Cranky Bollix.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.

- internet radio
    - CD

Thanks
    Hi Cranky Bollix,

The Denon is a fantastic Mini System for the price.

It will have Internet radio, a CD player and a powerful 60W amp (at 4 ohms). It also has Heos built in meaning you can buy something like the Denon Home 150 and control the mini system and the wireless speaker via the Heos app!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204525-denon-home-150-black-wireless-music-system.aspx

It does not have a phono stage built in for a turntable but there are no mini systems that would have this function. You would need a pre amp that will boost the turntable signal and allow it to be connected to the Ceol N10. I would recommend something like the Project Phonobox MM which is a discreet box that will connect between the turntable and amp:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201010-project-phonobox-mm-mm-phono-pre-amp.aspx

Kind regards

David
    David 

Thanks for the response, appreciated.

Whats the best price on the system with speakers and phonobox delivered? 

Niall

• Advertisement

Hi Im

Considering this bundle https://www.richersounds.com/hi-fi/hi-fi-packages/denon-ceol-rcd-n10-black-dali-spektor-2-light-walnut.html

Hey Cranky Bollix.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.
    Kenny

- internet radio
    - CD

Thanks

Snipped by Mod

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.