If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon CEOL RCDN10

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi sidegolo,

I’ve snipped your post - I appreciate the helpful intention, particularly given your own experience, but it’s standard practice here to let RS answer customers queries without advice etc from Boardies - explained in the Charter.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment

Hi sidegolo,

I’ve snipped your post - I appreciate the helpful intention, particularly given your own experience, but it’s standard practice here to let RS answer customers queries without advice etc from Boardies - explained in the Charter.

Cheers,

Ritz.
    Thanks Ritz

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Hi Im

Considering this bundle https://www.richersounds.com/hi-fi/hi-fi-packages/denon-ceol-rcd-n10-black-dali-spektor-2-light-walnut.html

what is the best price you can offer and do you have any idea how long it would take to deliver given the current lockdown?
    Hey Cranky Bollix.

Thanks for the post.

Our bundle deals are already discounted down so I could offer it any cheaper unfortunately.

I could offer to throw in a few meter of speaker cable free of charge and also free shipping.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

I am new to the modern hi fi set up with internet / blutooth etc , my current system is an ancient pioneer stack which is well past its use by date..

Can you clarify if the denon n10 is suitable for the following, if not, what would you recommend in a similair price bracket:

- internet radio
    - Ability to connect an additional speaker in a seperate room via wifi, if so can you recommend a budget speaker
    - CD
    - Sufficient loudness, I no longer need to blow my ears open constantly, but may like to whomp up the sound from time to time
    - I would also like to hook up a technics deck for playing vinyl, I understand with this particular system I would need a seperate re-amp, or external mixer as per my current set up, but I would like to put away the mixer if possible as it is also ancient and bulky, can you recommend a pre amp?

To my eyes the Denon looks like the best buy in the more budget price bracket, the only down side being the need for a preamp to play vinyl, but I am open to any other suggestions you may have

Thanks
    Hi Cranky Bollix,

The Denon is a fantastic Mini System for the price.

It will have Internet radio, a CD player and a powerful 60W amp (at 4 ohms). It also has Heos built in meaning you can buy something like the Denon Home 150 and control the mini system and the wireless speaker via the Heos app!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204525-denon-home-150-black-wireless-music-system.aspx

It does not have a phono stage built in for a turntable but there are no mini systems that would have this function. You would need a pre amp that will boost the turntable signal and allow it to be connected to the Ceol N10. I would recommend something like the Project Phonobox MM which is a discreet box that will connect between the turntable and amp:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201010-project-phonobox-mm-mm-phono-pre-amp.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David
    David 

Thanks for the response, appreciated.

Whats the best price on the system with speakers and phonobox delivered? 

Niall
    David

any response to the above?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Im

Considering this bundle https://www.richersounds.com/hi-fi/hi-fi-packages/denon-ceol-rcd-n10-black-dali-spektor-2-light-walnut.html

what is the best price you can offer and do you have any idea how long it would take to deliver given the current lockdown?
    Hey Cranky Bollix.

Thanks for the post.

Our bundle deals are already discounted down so I could offer it any cheaper unfortunately.

I could offer to throw in a few meter of speaker cable free of charge and also free shipping.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

I am new to the modern hi fi set up with internet / blutooth etc , my current system is an ancient pioneer stack which is well past its use by date..

Can you clarify if the denon n10 is suitable for the following, if not, what would you recommend in a similair price bracket:

- internet radio
    - Ability to connect an additional speaker in a seperate room via wifi, if so can you recommend a budget speaker
    - CD
    - Sufficient loudness, I no longer need to blow my ears open constantly, but may like to whomp up the sound from time to time
    - I would also like to hook up a technics deck for playing vinyl, I understand with this particular system I would need a seperate re-amp, or external mixer as per my current set up, but I would like to put away the mixer if possible as it is also ancient and bulky, can you recommend a pre amp?

To my eyes the Denon looks like the best buy in the more budget price bracket, the only down side being the need for a preamp to play vinyl, but I am open to any other suggestions you may have

Thanks
    Hi Cranky Bollix,

The Denon is a fantastic Mini System for the price.

It will have Internet radio, a CD player and a powerful 60W amp (at 4 ohms). It also has Heos built in meaning you can buy something like the Denon Home 150 and control the mini system and the wireless speaker via the Heos app!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204525-denon-home-150-black-wireless-music-system.aspx

It does not have a phono stage built in for a turntable but there are no mini systems that would have this function. You would need a pre amp that will boost the turntable signal and allow it to be connected to the Ceol N10. I would recommend something like the Project Phonobox MM which is a discreet box that will connect between the turntable and amp:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201010-project-phonobox-mm-mm-phono-pre-amp.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David
    David 

Thanks for the response, appreciated.

Whats the best price on the system with speakers and phonobox delivered? 

Niall
    David

any response to the above?
    Thanks for the order Niall!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sidegolo

I would like to upgrade my speaker cables. I'd like to have banana plugs to make installation easier. Thing is the Denon CEOL N10 does not accept banana plugs. Is that true?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Sidegolo,

.just check -the centre of the speaker terminal should have a small plastic removable 'lug' - if you remove this you can fit standard 4mm banana plugs no problem.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.