Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaway mixers for busmen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

are there not max driving limits imposed on commercial and bus drivers? So this guy is clearly putting everyone in danger by being behind the wheel far longer than is safe, never mind scamming the revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

The last plumber who did work for me was driving a 182 crewcab with company branding of one of the big building firms, doesn’t stop him doing a cash in hand nixer on the side.

Many of the tradesman id be referring to are off the walls busy, of course they put a percentage of work through the books or they put all contractor work for a big builder through the books but if you aren’t doing a bit of cash in hand work you are the only plumber in the country not doing it.

Nonsense. I bet you don’t even own a house to have a plumber in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Newsflash: People do jobs for cash in hand to save having to pay tax. It’s not a new thing and has probably been going on since taxes were invented.

In other news I heard that there are people who are on the dole and alsonwitking on the side for cash in hand so that those nasty bastards at the dole office don’t get to know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭enricoh

Nonsense. I bet you don’t even own a house to have a plumber in.

Haha, nonsense that plumbers are off the wall busy? God bless the Internet, some people dont have to deal with the real world anymore!!

Newsflash: People do jobs for cash in hand to save having to pay tax. It’s not a new thing and has probably been going on since taxes were invented.

In other news I heard that there are people who are on the dole and alsonwitking on the side for cash in hand so that those nasty bastards at the dole office don’t get to know about it.

But these people are parked outside the chipper curry shop and pizza place every night. Revenue just has to go and take a few pictures. Job done. Industry revolutionized.

• Advertisement

enricoh wrote: »
    Haha, nonsense that plumbers are off the wall busy? God bless the Internet, some people dont have to deal with the real world anymore!!

I’m hardly posting here most evenings with two stilsons in my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

All it would take is an email to his insurer and he'd have a cancelled policy and probably lose his bus driving job too. Risky business.

(if he's not paying tax he's not paying commercial ins)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Only people I ever saw holding down a job and taking on takeaway deliveries were stuck for money, saving for a house, had a few young kids etc

I wouldn't begrudge them TBH. I understand where you are coming from, but it's a lot of extra hours that they take on.

I'd also hate to think that a tip was taxed.

are there not max driving limits imposed on commercial and bus drivers? So this guy is clearly putting everyone in danger by being behind the wheel far longer than is safe, never mind scamming the revenue.

The limits are only for commercial driving of certain vehicles, they can only drive their truck/bus for a certain number of hours today but they could drive 12 hours straight in their private car and start straight into a shift in the truck/bus after.

The person the op is taking about would be doing this all under the table so it doesn’t count. In any case driving a car commercially doesn’t count either, for instance delivery drivers (dhl etc) don’t have driving limits nor do sales reps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

ED E wrote: »
    All it would take is an email to his insurer and he'd have a cancelled policy and probably lose his bus driving job too. Risky business.

all it would take to say i was getting takeaway, case closed :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Stoner wrote: »
    Only people I ever saw holding down a job and taking on takeaway deliveries were stuck for money, saving for a house, had a few young kids etc

I wouldn't begrudge them TBH. I understand where you are coming from, but it's a lot of extra hours that they take on.

I'd also hate to think that a tip was taxed.

Yeah I was also thinking of telling my boss to pay me into the hand because I’d like to buy a house with my tax money. He could probably also buy a house with the tax and insurance money he pays on me too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

People on the dole - several threads a week

Hard working man holding down two jobs - also gets a thread

Seems people are either working too little or too much for some :confused:

ED E wrote: »

Do you really think an insurer can cancel a policy like that without an ounce of proof or any reason to believe the person reporting it. They likely not even engage with the person reporting for gdpr reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Baffling, you can even tip your delivery driver through an app now the wife said.

You seem very young to be married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

For every arse scratcher in a little van there 3 or 4 paye plumbers building your hotels, hospitals,, swimming pools, country clubs and cinemas.

Plumbers are builders?

Plumbers are builders?

Suppose they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,811 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Suppose they are.

Did you get the car fixed?

Did you get the car fixed?

Nah drove it into the ground. Relieved it’s gone.

Nah drove it into the ground. Relieved it’s gone.

That's a shame. I know a man who could have fixed it for you. His usual occupation is airline pilot, but he does a bit of car mechanic stuff out the back.

• Advertisement

That's a shame. I know a man who could have fixed it for you. His usual occupation is airline pilot, but he does a bit of car mechanic stuff out the back.

Out the back of his airplane?

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Only a fool is 100% tax compliant.

He doesn't own the aeroplanes.

He doesn't own the aeroplanes.

He is doing car nixers out the back of his bosses airplane?

You must think I was born yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Only if your bus driver friend delivers the takeaways in the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What's a busmen

What's a busmen

A collective of busmans.

Known as a union of busmen because whenever you see more than two of them together they are on strike demanding outrageous wages spinning around the fecal merry go round.
    Huge spinning toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

A collective of busmans.

Known as a union of busmen because whenever you see more than two of them together they are on strike demanding outrageous wages spinning around the fecal merry go round.
    Huge spinning toilet.

Ah great ..... They are a great bunch of lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I work as a bus driver and - for safety reasons - I am contractually forbidden from doing any paid work elsewhere. Driving a 12 metre-long vehicle for 10 hours a day is tiring enough already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

...demanding outrageous wages spinning around the fecal merry go round.
    Huge spinning toilet.

Here we go again...….rinse and repeat.

🚽

Advertisement