Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaway mixers for busmen

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You must think I was born yesterday.

Considering some of your threads I'm guessing 12 years ago.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Op got served.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Busmen do it on your doorstep.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

The best thing about having pizza delivered by a bus driver is that after waiting ages for it, three will come at once.

One polling the other....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

One polling the other....

Polling? Like when the have a poll on whether to accept this years pay agreement?

Polling? Like when the have a poll on whether to accept this years pay agreement?

1does all the work while the other comes up the rear.

1does all the work while the other comes up the rear.

Should probably end the thread there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Should probably end the thread there.

69 posts too late, unfortunately; now the momentum takes over.

69 posts too late, unfortunately; now the momentum takes over.

Momentum, coming up the rear, fecal merry go round?
    What’s up with you guys?

• Advertisement

Momentum, coming up the rear, fecal merry go round?
    What’s up with you guys?

We're, mostly, sober.

We're, mostly, sober.

I'm not

The busmen took me against my will and wouldn't let me off at me stop.

It's a fooking disgrace joe

The busmen took me against my will and wouldn't let me off at me stop.

It's a fooking disgrace joe

This actually happened me when I was a school kid. Some kids were ringing the bell over and over again and he drove straight past the stop to the next one. Supposedly it was their way of reacting when the new bells came in at the time. Union told them how to react to it. This was told to me by a barstool historian though so I’d take it with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,552 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

This actually happened me when I was a school kid. Some kids were ringing the bell over and over again and he drove straight past the stop to the next one. Supposedly it was their way of reacting when the new bells came in at the time. Union told them how to react to it. This was told to me by a barstool historian though so I’d take it with a pinch of salt.

I take all your stories with a pinch of salt.

I take all your stories with a pinch of salt.

Says the fella who claimed his pilot friend fixes cars in his bosses airplanes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

zapitastas wrote: »
    The bigger issue are the fat lazy people ordering take aways and can't even be bothered to leave the house to get them. Might be a market there for a motorised sofa that could bring the person out to the front door to collect the food

Love walking to the takeaway. Like I'm hunting and killing the curry cheese chip with my bare hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The limits are only for commercial driving of certain vehicles, they can only drive their truck/bus for a certain number of hours today but they could drive 12 hours straight in their private car and start straight into a shift in the truck/bus after.

The person the op is taking about would be doing this all under the table so it doesn’t count. In any case driving a car commercially doesn’t count either, for instance delivery drivers (dhl etc) don’t have driving limits nor do sales reps etc.

I know it doesn't count but the limits are there for a reason. Driving for longer periods is tiring and if you're tired you put other on the road / the passengers on the bus at risk.
    You think it's ok that someone does a shift driving a bus for 8-10+ hours, goes home, drivers for takeaways for another 4 hours or so, gets only 6-7 hours rest and is back driving a bus the next day?

Edit:
    point proven...
    I work as a bus driver and - for safety reasons - I am contractually forbidden from doing any paid work elsewhere. Driving a 12 metre-long vehicle for 10 hours a day is tiring enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,552 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Says the fella who claimed his pilot friend fixes cars in his bosses airplanes.

He gave me some biscuits to say it.

I know it doesn't count but the limits are there for a reason. Driving for longer periods is tiring and if you're tired you put other on the road / the passengers on the bus at risk.
    You think it's ok that someone does a shift driving a bus for 8-10+ hours, goes home, drivers for takeaways for another 4 hours or so, gets only 6-7 hours rest and is back driving a bus the next day?

Edit:
    point proven...

Is it any more dangerous than working all day and doing a long drive after it home? Also they aren’t allowed to drive a bus for 10 hours a day but you can drive 2 hours to work, work a 12 hour day and drive home for 2 hours completely legally.

• Advertisement

He gave me some biscuits to say it.

Hope you declared them to revenue.

After hours is really letting me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Only a fool is 100% tax compliant.

Cash is king and that’s the way it should stay. Bitta extra cash under the table is nice, every now and then. Can’t understand the reason this thread was started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

davidk1394 wrote:
    Can’t understand the reason this thread was started

OP finished his homework early....

After hours is really letting me down.

You can only work with the material available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Why's he putting an attic conversion in the bus. Is a double decker not got enough space?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

cursai wrote: »
    Why's he putting an attic conversion in the bus. Is a double decker not got enough space?

He can carry more passengers who pay cash in hand.

He can carry more passengers who pay cash in hand.

That’s a bit of a leap

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

That’s a bit of a leap

There'll be a ladder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

... This isn’t some poor unfortunate on the dole and fixing his neighbors toilet for a few cans.

TIL that if you want some odd jobs done around the house, don't bother paying money for it - just lure some dolehead to your house on the promise of a few tins of Galahad.

Advertisement