Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats with these headsets on lidi staff

Options
  • 25-01-2019 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

i see lidl staff wearing these headsets, but they just talk **** to eachother while packing the shelves. does your local lidi staff have these?. shirley the point of these yokes so they can chat about work stuff not yip yapping about the nights there going out over the weekend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Specialun wrote: »
    i see lidl staff wearing these headsets, but they just talk **** to eachother while packing the shelves. does your local lidi staff have these?. shirley the point of these yokes so they can chat about work stuff not yip yapping about the nights there going out over the weekend

What difference does it make to you what they use it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Its for slagging the punters...especially the specialuns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Mayday mayday we have a live one at till 3.. HELP HELP HELP WHAT IS THE CODE FOR THE POPCORN,.PLEASE HURRY.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

You speak Polish? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

What difference does it make to you what they use it for?

you must be a right laugh at parties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

"Operator 4, your pulse has dropped below 100bpm und your efficiency is no longer optimum. Vork harder!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Aldi have an announcement system where all the customer can hear 'manager to till 3' for example, whereas in Lidl transmission are private, hence headsets. Never though i'd say that - hence headsets.

I prefer the Aldi systems where you hear 'till 3 is now opening' and you run to it bypassing ppl who were in front of you. It's that 'couldn't care less you were in front of me, I got there first' feeling that I enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Specialun wrote:

Increases productivity, hence increases profits. 'Arbeit macht frei'!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

Also, the tills don't have screens to save money, just a single line screen that shows a bit of text, price of an item as it scans etc. I think the tills talk messages to the operators as they're scanning through the headset.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When they are talking to you, but then you realise they aren't talking to you, and you go home and cry while unpacking your groceries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The barcodes on their goods are oversized so they can put the products through at breakneck speed (would like to see this become an olympic sport)
    this and the walkie talkies banterz, all likely aid to greater efficency.

Ideally they should use 10-codes for even quicker status reports: e.g. 10-18 (Complete assignment quickly!)

Agricola wrote: »
    "Operator 4, your pulse has dropped below 100bpm und your efficiency is no longer optimum. Vork harder!"

That time will come. And it's not at all far off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

That time will come. And it's not at all far off.

'Emotional surveillance technology' already exists in places such as China, and the profits are up at State Grid Zhejiang Electric Power.

Headsets today, Neuro Caps tommorow.
    If you're hoping for a bit of Alpha wave mellow mindfulness time around 10hz, prepare to be zapped stimulated back into the productive Beta zones of 14-40Hz.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

They're for voice picking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

you must be a right laugh at parties

Ohhhh, we got a Conor McGregor over here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was in Woodies a while ago, asking at customer service about a shed I'd ordered, and as the girl was responding to me, she kept talking without a break but what she was saying didn't make any sense until I realised she had started talking to a colleague through her earpiece (which I hadn't noticed since it was on her other side). "Boo-urns!!" sez I.
    AllForIt wrote: »
    I prefer the Aldi systems where you hear 'till 3 is now opening' and you run to it bypassing ppl who were in front of you. It's that 'couldn't care less you were in front of me, I got there first' feeling that I enjoy.
    But then the person doesn't actually come out to the till for five minutes, as you see the people at your original till walk out the door...

Breaker one nine, this here's the rubber ducky

'Emotional surveillance technology' already exists in places such as China, and the profits are up at State Grid Zhejiang Electric Power.

Headsets today, Neuro Caps tommorow.
    If you're hoping for a bit of Alpha wave mellow mindfulness time around 10hz, prepare to be zapped stimulated back into the productive Beta zones of 14-40Hz.

Ah yeah I know. and just a matter of time over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭worded

They are phasing in the headsets for everyone in all stores starting initially with the staff ....

Customer and staff alike can now alert everyone to a “spillage at isle 3” or plans for the weekend etc ...

Full VR sets are planned for the future where you can virtually shop from home or in store and get it delivered by drone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    When they are talking to you, but then you realise they aren't talking to you, and you go home and cry while unpacking your groceries.

I've been caught like that a few times. I didn't catch what he was saying so I just nodded and smiled. Then I realised he's looking at me thinking "what's this feckin' idiot doing staring at me with a stupid grin on his face".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They always say hello in LIDL.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Someone jump on till 4.

What’s the code for cauliflower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

I genuinely feel sorry for them having to wear those cyborg headsets. All the time that electromagnetic crap zapping into the brain. It would freak me out if I was told to wear one.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

It wouldn’t surprise me if they have a remote controlled dildo and some fat yoke at the desk dogging the controls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

What Lidl is that do you me asking? I have yet to across one of those highly rare and endangered species. I have tried on many attempts to catch one of these rare beasts on any visit to a Lidl I try to be extra quiet in order not to disturb any of these creatures and have even tried dressing up as a pallet full of frosted flakes in order to blend into the enviroment but to no avail. Can you give me any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

It wouldn’t surprise me if they have a remote controlled dildo and some fat yoke at the desk dogging the controls.

Honestly I’d find that surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

To help evacuate more quickly in the event of a digger ripping the building asunder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

Härter arbeiten, schnell, schnell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I was in Woodies a while ago, asking at customer service about a shed I'd ordered, and as the girl was responding to me, she kept talking without a break but what she was saying didn't make any sense until I realised she had started talking to a colleague through her earpiece (which I hadn't noticed since it was on her other side). "Boo-urns!!" sez I.

But then the person doesn't actually come out to the till for five minutes, as you see the people at your original till walk out the door...

While those you thought you bypassed, as you see their faces going out the door, look at you with a little look of victory etched on their face.

Until we meet again complete stranger who has got the better of me......

• Advertisement

The barcodes on their goods are oversized so they can put the products through at breakneck speed (would like to see this become an olympic sport)
    this and the walkie talkies banterz, all likely aid to greater efficency.

Ideally they should use 10-codes for even quicker status reports: e.g. 10-18 (Complete assignment quickly!)

Is this true?! This is why they race through scanning my goods to the point I have anxiety trying to match their speed to pack them away?

Advertisement