Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats with these headsets on lidi staff

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,089 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Is this true?! This is why they race through scanning my goods to the point I have anxiety trying to match their speed to pack them away?

You're not meant to pack them away at the till. That's what the big wide shelves at the window are for. That's one of the main reasons I like Lidl/Aldi, no hold ups with people packing in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I reckon they’re on to head office, giving ideas for knockoffs.

“Ana Lewandowski here, how about Lenny Sausages? No good? Okay then, McBains French Fries? No? ....? Is this thing on?”

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is this true?! This is why they race through scanning my goods to the point I have anxiety trying to match their speed to pack them away?

Its entirely to get people through quicker. That's also why the shelf is there

If you cannot pack fast enough, just refill the trolley and pack at the shelf. Virtually nobody does, though.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Specialun wrote: »
    i see lidl staff wearing these headsets, but they just talk **** to eachother while packing the shelves. does your local lidi staff have these?. shirley the point of these yokes so they can chat about work stuff not yip yapping about the nights there going out over the weekend

Who's Shirley?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,652 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

AllForIt wrote: »
    Aldi have an announcement system where all the customer can hear 'manager to till 3' for example, whereas in Lidl transmission are private, hence headsets. Never though i'd say that - hence headsets.

I prefer the Aldi systems where you hear 'till 3 is now opening' and you run to it bypassing ppl who were in front of you. It's that 'couldn't care less you were in front of me, I got there first' feeling that I enjoy.

The Lidl approach is much better for people with autism. Loud announcements are difficult for people with sensory overload.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Specialun wrote: »
    i see lidl staff wearing these headsets, but they just talk **** to eachother while packing the shelves. does your local lidi staff have these?. shirley the point of these yokes so they can chat about work stuff not yip yapping about the nights there going out over the weekend

I was TK Max (first time ever, all cheap quality crap) and noticed the staff talking to eachother with these headsets. James Bond sort of stuff

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Honestly I’d find that surprising.

Would explain their uniform.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

What about Argos ??

If you listen they’re talking gibberish, like they’re talking through a menu...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

_Brian wrote: »
    What about Argos ??

If you listen they’re talking gibberish, like they’re talking through a menu...
    That must have been in the Carlow branch. Thats their accent

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

ill bring on my radio scanner with me next time and tune into the frequency and ill report back.
    Unless of course its an encrypted bluetooth signal:D

Oh wait a minute bluetooth...scanner wont work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I was in Woodies a while ago, asking at customer service about a shed I'd ordered, and as the girl was responding to me, she kept talking without a break but what she was saying didn't make any sense until I realised she had started talking to a colleague through her earpiece (which I hadn't noticed since it was on her other side). "Boo-urns!!" sez I.

But then the person doesn't actually come out to the till for five minutes, as you see the people at your original till walk out the door...

Sounds like your local Aldi is substandard.

Advertisement