Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free iPad mini 2 with Sunday Times subscription (18 months)

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

ablelocks wrote: »
    I don't think Apple as a company take luck into account when responding to customers, even indirect ones. I had a faulty product, they replaced it within 4 working days.

I posted the detail of how my case was handled in case it may help other people who may find themselves in a similar situation. There was no argument or questioning from Apple about warranty or law - they accepted my request, checked the device and replaced it. (I'm sorry now I mentioned anything about warranty or law - I should have known it'd attract the legal experts...)

You got lucky with the person you dealt with because of how they handled the claim incorrectly. You mention Apple as a company not taking luck into account. Of course they don’t but you were dealing with an individual. And like any company in the world you’re going to have people do things differently despite correct procedure. It’s human nature.

Nobody has a problem with you getting the iPad replaced for free. Any normal human being would be happy for someone in that situation. So fair play to you.

My post was to correct wrong information posted by the person I replied to. I’m not claiming to be a legal expert but this is something that I’m more than familiar with and in the interest of fairness on others who may have the same situation in future, I felt the need to clear it up. To avoid disappointment if someone tries to fails to make a consumer law claim against someone they didn’t buy the product from.

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

FourFourFM wrote: »
    You got lucky with the person you dealt with because of how they handled the claim incorrectly. You mention Apple as a company not taking luck into account. Of course they don’t but you were dealing with an individual. And like any company in the world you’re going to have people do things differently despite correct procedure. It’s human nature.

Nobody has a problem with you getting the iPad replaced for free. Any normal human being would be happy for someone in that situation. So fair play to you.

My post was to correct wrong information posted by the person I replied to. I’m not claiming to be a legal expert but this is something that I’m more than familiar with and in the interest of fairness on others who may have the same situation in future, I felt the need to clear it up. To avoid disappointment if someone tries to fails to make a consumer law claim against someone they didn’t buy the product from.

you actually replied to me? I didn't post "wrong information" - I posted information that was correct in my case and may be useful to others. There's nothing to clear up, I posted a set of steps that worked for me. They may or may not work for others, but to say I posted wrong or incorrect information? pffftt

unless you work for Apple, how do you know the person I spoke to handled the claim incorrectly? How do you know they didn't follow correct (Apple) procedure? Perhaps Apple have a standard operating procedure for handling indirect customers?

anyway, I'm done. I hope the info is of use to someone.

Advertisement