Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-07-2018, 12:18   #106
shocksy

An official driving tester/examiner

I think they would be interesting to hear from. It would also be good to get insight from them on people preparing for a test and hopefully squash the myths of ''quotas''.
Advertisement
25-07-2018, 12:23   #107
Prominent_Dawg

prison officer
25-07-2018, 12:43   #108
Boards.ie: Niamh
Boards.ie Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prominent_Dawg View Post
prison officer
We did have a prison officer on before - still one of our most popular AMAs! It's from 2014, you can read it here.
(3) thanks from:
25-07-2018, 13:40   #109
Nokia6230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCX BXC View Post
A bouncer.
Have done this gig but only sporadically as I dislike intoxicated people who're lairy & leery & lecherous and can't be reasoned with.

Not doing an AMA on it mind but I've recommended someone to Boards.ie/Niamh who's already on Boards.

What I will say is if you're asked to keep your wedges/high heels/stilettos on (no matter how much pain they're causing you at the end of a night out;consider bringing ballet shoes or flats in handbag and exchanging them but not carrying shoes around out of your bag) it's pretty much for same reason chippers/restaurants/takeaways don't allow pint glasses/bottles to be brought onto a premises.
25-07-2018, 15:46   #110
the purple tin

A Dominatrix.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-07-2018, 16:00   #111
Phoenix Wright

Eamon Dunphy
25-07-2018, 23:53   #112
Fanny Wank

Larry Murphy
26-07-2018, 00:45   #113
Nokia6230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanny Wank View Post
Larry Murphy
What's the fascination with him?

I blame a certain section of the media and now online media too; the hype they're creating him is ridiculous.

I'm no fan of his or what he done but he's complying with any terms of his release (he's not on sex offenders register as it pre-dated his crime; that's not his fault) and hasn't reoffended per se (assaults have occurred as a result of alcohol fuelled goading but whether this was done by someone who knew of his past and wanted to warn others I don't know).

But there's loads of others out there who've offended as bad and worse who're rarely named; sometimes it's down to their defendants in terms of age.

But there are plenty named who've done as bad as him such as Ml. Bambrick for example.

I'd love to speak to someone who works with someone like either of those named; I couldn't work with them after what they've done.

Would also like to know how they've managed to convince an employer to hire 'em; a low risk assessment upon leaving jail perhaps?

We've got people walking round with murder convictions, convictions for rape, sexual assault, incest, manslaughter etc. who're beyond depraved and beyond redemption (Cratloe Woods rape case from 00s; those involved're in relationships.......I scratch my head at that scenario) yet they seem to be able rebuild their lives and work in the community.

It's the morals of those hiring 'em I'd've an issue with too.

As for an AMA I'd love one with either one of our three "Predator Hunter" groups as while what they're doing is, ostensibly noble (despite nobody asking them to do it and them ignoring the fact that vast majority of sexual offences in Ireland which involve grooming or not involve people known to each other be it family members, sports coaches etc.), our laws don't cover grooming a fake decoy online.

When I watch the videos of "Louise" and her "Security" (yobs with knuckle draggers; not licenced by PSA) they don't cover themselves in glory; it's like watching Jeremy Kyle on TV3.

But I'd also like an AMA with someone who's been "stung" by these hunter groups.
Yes they've been arrested but since grooming a decoy's not a crime (but it is morally repulsive to me), once arrested (and given the mob that show up it's for their own safety generally and to prevent a public order offence occurring since these hunter groups're vigilantes and can't control anything incl. who gets the hunters on camera, something they really don't like....) what happens or happened next?

Like given many in their locality've seen the stings what reception do they receive after released from custody.

Do they get the sack from where they've been working or, if volunteering is that gone too; bear in mind they may have no charges pressed so no convictions but yet what they've said to a decoy who is, as far as they were aware, a real child, I'd find it difficult to retain such a person on my payroll.

And also along with this then their kit and kin; how do they react?

So an AMA with individuals; I get of course that predator hunter groups're vigilantes so it'd be difficult to verify 'em.
02-08-2018, 14:02   #114
c.p.w.g.w

Professional/Semi Pro Cyclist.
National management level within retail sector.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-08-2018, 16:03   #115
sydthebeat
Subscriber

A Local authority planner
Thanks from:
07-08-2018, 02:41   #116
talla10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCX BXC View Post
A bouncer.
Sorry lads not tonight
07-08-2018, 07:01   #117
Foweva Awone

A tattoo artist.
A lotto winner.
A house cleaner.
An au pair.
A donated organ recipient.
(2) thanks from:
07-08-2018, 10:15   #118
Boards.ie: Niamh
Boards.ie Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foweva Awone View Post
A tattoo artist.
A lotto winner.
A house cleaner.
An au pair.
I've added them to the list but we did have an AMA with a heart and lung transplant recipient before which you can read here.
Thanks from:
07-08-2018, 18:39   #119
PlentyOhToole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foweva Awone View Post
A tattoo artist.
A lotto winner.
A house cleaner.
An au pair.
Lotto winner would be cool alright. Maybe upwards of 3 million.
07-08-2018, 20:32   #120
frag420

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlentyOhToole View Post
Lotto winner would be cool alright. Maybe upwards of 3 million.
Niamh you can ignore my PM about winning the lottery, apparently winning £27 on a quick pick is not worthy of a question...😂😂

Twas a cool story too...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion