Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-05-2018, 13:57   #1
Maz2016

Leap card on BE expressway services

I’m wondering do bus Eireann have plans to role out the leap card on expressway services? I see more and more ticket machines replaced with the leap card ones but the drivers say they don’t accept leap. I get the Tralee bus every day from a village to the town and it would be great not to carry cash
Advertisement
29-05-2018, 15:10   #2
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

The machines have the facility to accept leap cards but the issue is because expressway is a commercial brand unlike bus Eireann itself, it's not paid to accept leap card.

The facility is there, the structure , zones etc all there but it cannot be accepted because the NTA are not paying Expressway for any leap transactions.

It's a regular thing I sometimes have to argue with people over , the likes of going from Dublin to Donegal and people want to use the zone ticket to get to Virginia or Cavan

Or going from Dublin to ballina/Sligo and people wanting to go to Mullingar with an orange zone ticket, they cannot be accepted
14-07-2018, 04:22   #3
Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz2016 View Post
I get the Tralee bus every day from a village to the town and it would be great not to carry cash
Can you get 10-journey or monthly tickets?
14-07-2018, 12:47   #4
Maz2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
Can you get 10-journey or monthly tickets?
I must look into the monthly. The odd day I’d get a lift home so I stopped buying the weekly/10 trip ticket

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion