Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you collect?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

I'm an eclectic collector of militaria,antiques,curios,bottles,clay pipes,comics,books and matchboxes.

I've been collecting books since i was a kid..i've well over 1000 at this stage.

Many of them (according to amazon at least) are valuable/antiquarian/of irish interest and sadly i'm starting to think about selling most of my collection..the problem is the lack of time needed to catalogue and try to offer them for sale..i don't think books sell very quickly these days either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I have a lot of cigar print blocks. They were used for printing the different brand logos onto cigar boxes. As soon as Lazer came in they were obsolete so I gathered them up.

I think they are cool, but I tried to sell a few on eBay/adverts and there was zero interest, so I must be the only weirdo who likes them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

JJayoo wrote: »
    I have a lot of cigar print blocks. They were used for printing the different brand logos onto cigar boxes. As soon as Lazer came in they were obsolete so I gathered them up.

I think they are cool, but I tried to sell a few on eBay/adverts and there was zero interest, so I must be the only weirdo who likes them :)

I find that older people are the big hoarders/collectors and many of them have only just moved on to electricity from gas lighting - and thus haven't discovered the internet yet. Any pictures of the cigar print blocks as they sound quite interesting! :)

A few here

A few other random bits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Hi all,
    First time posting in this section of Boards,huge fan of collecting, just wanted to share my collection of coins and notes from various countries that i started when i was around 8 years old.

All were given to me over the years. Recently was given alot of coins and notes so i started on a new frame and spent the weekend researching and typing up the new additions, really happy with how large it has gotten over the years.Sorry about the quality of the pictures as its hard with the light.

Have loads of extra coins that i am hoping to swap/sell for ones i don't have, thinking about Adverts/coin fairs,any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Fi3RhWYh.jpg
    FZl1ZgFh.jpg
    oEMVWXIh.jpg
    z4uueZnh.jpg
    s4XvIeZh.jpg
    lojy4qzh.jpg
    4y2YGqyh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

I collect retro video games myself and at the moment I am starting to collect charcoal grave stone rubbings especially early ones from 1798 rebellion era.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

I collect antique Irish silver, mostly Georgian

I collect antique Irish silver, mostly Georgian

You must be minted?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Del.Monte wrote: »
    You must be minted?

Nope..I look out for deals and buy very sporadically. Get some pieces as gifts

• Advertisement

Nope..I look out for deals and buy very sporadically. Get some pieces as gifts

I wasn't having a dig at you but as collecting goes Irish Georgian silver is right up there price wise. These days I'm collecting Art and like you I spend time looking for deals and researching and there are bargains to be had. My latest acquisition below:

bc.jpg

"Becalmed" oil on canvas board by Northern Ireland artist Ronnie McClune.

Advertisement