Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

05-04-2018, 16:52   #1486
teotwawki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiztikated View Post
If Max wins, and becomes the legit champ champ, does he get stripped of the 145 title, or does he still hold it because he's able to defend it?
Dana is all over the place regarding who is and isn't being stripped. I've given up trying to make sense of things like this because the whole thing is a circus. None of it makes any sense, there's no consistency in anything the UFC do.
Advertisement
05-04-2018, 16:55   #1487
The Nal

Quote:
Originally Posted by teotwawki View Post
Dana is all over the place regarding who is and isn't being stripped.
Hes not. When/if Khabib and Holloway make it to the fight on Saturday, McGregor gets stripped and the winner is the legit LW champ. Ferguson has already been stripped of his interim title.

What they need to do is ditch the interim titles altogether. Just leave it at #1 contender. If the champ in any division does a McGregor on it, just have the #1 and #2 face off for the belt.
05-04-2018, 17:03   #1488

He picked the route that earned him and his family the most money so he could provide everything they could possibly need in life

I would love to have seen him fight 3-4 times over the last 2 years, but Im happy for him. hopefully he has a few more fights left in the octagon
05-04-2018, 17:06   #1489
teotwawki

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nal View Post
Hes not. When/if Khabib and Holloway make it to the fight on Saturday, McGregor gets stripped and the winner is the legit LW champ. Ferguson has already been stripped of his interim title.

What they need to do is ditch the interim titles altogether. Just leave it at #1 contender. If the champ in any division does a McGregor on it, just have the #1 and #2 face off for the belt.
He is. He's all over the place, he's playing word games, won't say things plainly. For months he wouldn't even say that Conor would be stripped. He literally just said Tony would not be stripped. He won't have the interim title any more...but no, he won't be stripped, Conor is the only one we are stripping. It was in response to a question by Ariel about why Whittaker was not stripped of the interim but Tony will be.

I'm not looking to argue with you about semantics, the point i'm making is that Dana is all over the place, he says whatever suits him at the time and you can't take anything he says as gospel. There's no consistency to anything the UFC do so you can't use past decisions to predict their future ones.
05-04-2018, 17:34   #1490
The Nal

Quote:
Originally Posted by teotwawki View Post
He is. He's all over the place, he's playing word games, won't say things plainly. For months he wouldn't even say that Conor would be stripped. He literally just said Tony would not be stripped. He won't have the interim title any more...but no, he won't be stripped, Conor is the only one we are stripping. It was in response to a question by Ariel about why Whittaker was not stripped of the interim but Tony will be.

I'm not looking to argue with you about semantics, the point i'm making is that Dana is all over the place, he says whatever suits him at the time and you can't take anything he says as gospel. There's no consistency to anything the UFC do so you can't use past decisions to predict their future ones.
Hes terrified of not having a champion or a championship match.

I hear you, but as I said, the interim thing is a load of bollocks. Dana saying Ferguson is #1 contender. Which is what the interim title is/was.

But yes, Dana is very inconsistent, there are no set rules about mandatory defences and so on. And hes capable of being a complete dickhead too like he is with Mighty Mouse and the flyweight division. Hes soley interested in making money. But thats his job I suppose and not unusual for a big promoter to be a cock.

Hes good friends with Donald Trump, what do you expect?!

P.S. He will love if Conor steps in and starts trash talking the winner at the weekend. Conor will get whatever fight he wants next in UFC. A LW championship fight gives the UFC 6 months of "Thats my belt, I'm the real champ" promo to knock about with.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-04-2018, 17:52   #1491
sonofenoch

McGregor still has an actual belt......if/when he ever returns I'm sure he'll be parading it, all part of the fun

in fact I'd imagine he'll have his 2 belts in front of him
05-04-2018, 17:56   #1492
EagererBeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofenoch View Post
McGregor still has an actual belt......if/when he ever returns I'm sure he'll be parading it, all part of the fun

So does Ferguson. And Álvarez. And RDA. And Pettis. Etc etc etc
(3) thanks from:
05-04-2018, 18:00   #1493
sonofenoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagererBeaver View Post
So does Ferguson. And Álvarez. And RDA. And Pettis. Etc etc etc
You can hardly parade a belt if you're beaten in the octagon for it, granted Ferguson aside

We can go all around the houses on the whys and where for's with McGregor (and everyone has) ....but he's not been beaten for his belts
05-04-2018, 18:00   #1494
Subcomandante Marcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofenoch View Post

Yeah. So does BJ Penn. Should he be parading his too or do you think you he actually has enough self awareness to know how cringe that would be?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
05-04-2018, 18:15   #1495
sonofenoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subcomandante Marcos View Post
Yeah. So does BJ Penn. Should he be parading his too or do you think you he actually has enough self awareness to know how cringe that would be?
Did he not lose twice to Edgar for a belt? has he not lost his last what 5 or 6 fights ? yeah him holding up a belt in a press conference would be cringe

Jon Jones brought out his belt after his ban with Cormier, I didn't see the cringe
05-04-2018, 18:32   #1496
xtal191

https://twitter.com/Maclifeofficial/...47415694577664
Thanks from:
05-04-2018, 18:33   #1497
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Here we go!
Thanks from:
05-04-2018, 18:41   #1498
xtal191

05-04-2018, 18:42   #1499
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Wouldn't be surprised if they're looking for Khabib and his crew. Definitely up to no good.
05-04-2018, 18:47   #1500
hewhoscares

LOL at how a multi millionaire and one of the most famous athletes in the world shows up to a media day to f*ck around.

And gotta love how hes got Artems back.

Can someone please conspiracy theory this with the Kinahans and the Dagestan dictator and how it'll cause some political issues
Thanks from:
Thread Closed