Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Slaughter

Options
  • 28-06-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi, I am looking to see if anyone knows where I can take some chickens and maybe some ducks in the future to get slaughtered. We are also going to have a sheep and pig on our small farm and would love to know where and how to get them slaughtered. We will be having our small farm in Co Limerick. Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Hi, I am looking to see if anyone knows where I can take some chickens and maybe some ducks in the future to get slaughtered. We are also going to have a sheep and pig on our small farm and would love to know where and how to get them slaughtered. We will be having our small farm in Co Limerick. Thanks in advance for the help.

A local butcher who has his own abbatoir might be able to do sheep/pig. They kill and dress the carcass, minimal waste.

I know some meat factories also provide the service.

For the chicken/duck I doubt a local butcher would bother, no profit in it. You could invest in a killing cone and buy a small electric stunner and do the job yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Just learn to do it yourself, if you're up in Dublin I'd gladly show you.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭tattycat

Unfortunately for years we have been taking unwanted cockerals from people who won't cull their own, to the extent people were just dumping them by the garden knowing they'd gravitate towards the sound of other poultry! ! It caused chaos with the other birds! ! Best to learn how to do it yourself unfortunately. ...also if you end up with a bird that needs dispatching due to illness or injury. ....it's never a nice job, but sometimes necessary...

Advertisement