Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Classic €36.99 @ Argos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Thanks OP. Picked one up today. Will be a good fathers day gift for the aul lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

Seem sold out in Dublin now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Thanks OP. Picked one up today. Will be a good fathers day gift for the aul lad

and now I feel old.

Great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,861 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

and now I feel old.

Great.

Imagine how I felt when kids were buying the NES Classic for their granddad

Just picked this up. The box is a hell of a lot bigger than the NES / SNES Classic boxes... just in case you were planning on toting it in your handbag / manbag ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Anyone want a code for Mahon Point Cork? Available to collect until tomorrow 22nd.
    1st reply gets it and I will PM

Gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Haha he's actually not old he's only 46. Had me young!

I wouldn't have minded one myself but can just try his :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Picked up one yesterday in Blackpool cork
    If and when I'm open it is another story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I had one ordered for collection in Waterford. I received the notification that it was available yesterday.
    After reading some of the comments on here, I wasn't going to bother collecting it... I am so glad I decided to give it a go.

I think it's great. Autobleem took nothing to setup as I have a compatible sd card and a whole back catalogue is open to me, but what I wasn't expecting was that Destruction Derby is included. It's one of the games I bought with my PS on releases in 95. And it has 2 pads... Fricken sweet.

I'm sorted.
    Now I have to dig up Warhawk and Crazy Ivan... and Air Combat.

Thanks OP.

A great piece of kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Collected one last night in Galway,modded this morning with 102GB games wich I have for years on my PC.Im also using ps3 controller with 8bitDo adapter and its f.ckin great for 36€ .All games I loaded are Us NTSC with 60fps and they look and play fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭swardy1

Just pick one up in Tallaght Cheers OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Just reserved one in navan. Might let me free up my raspberry pi so I can make it into a dedicated arcade machine...

Finally got around to plugging this in tonight.

Plugged it up to a 55" but I gotta be honest the whole thing rocks even with the default package and emulator.

I haven't noticed anything performance-wise that takes away from the games..and even on a 55" the blocky graphics in Resident Evil didn't stop me from crapping my pants when the dog jumped in through the window (my first time playing this game)

I'm gonna have a blast with this...and probably hack it much later...thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Just reserved one in the ilac centre!

Sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

If anyone has a code their not using and it's Dublin, Waterford east coast, I'll take it for my brother.
    Thanks.

According to http://checkargos.com/product/8842071 there's 5 in the Ilac Centre at the moment

• Advertisement

Who ever packaged it must love Russian nesting dolls.

According to http://checkargos.com/product/8842071 there's 5 in the Ilac Centre at the moment

Thanks for that.

I had just checked the stock checker before I posted that request and it showed out of stock everywhere. Argos must of refreshed the un-collected stock around 8pm... I ,must remember that for the future.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

Thanks OP, great fun being had with this. Its tiny - like the size of a dvd case so doesnt take up space when put away. I cant wait to mod it

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gledge

Seems to be completely sold out in Dublin :(

Anyone that bought one. It might be time to order an OTG cable. New mod out that lets you plug in a USB and keep both controller ports free at the front...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

gledge wrote: »
    Seems to be completely sold out in Dublin :(

Two in Tallaght and one in Ilac at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

And back to being sold out now, apparently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Has this got crash bandicoot on it? I'm feeling nostalgic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Not out of the box, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Kazuma wrote: »
    And back to being sold out now, apparently...

3 just came back into stock in Illac. I reserved one, so two left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Animo wrote: »
    3 just came back into stock in Illac. I reserved one, so two left.

4 left in Ilac now... Do they come up often elsewhere anywhere in Dublin - i'd rather not have to trek into City Center... ta.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

all gone now from Ilac, that was quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

One left in Wexford for anyone down that way..

I have a code for Queen's old Castle cork if anyone wants it. To be collected by close of business tomorrow.

Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

bromley52 wrote: »
    I have a code for Queen's old Castle cork if anyone wants it. To be collected by close of business tomorrow.

Hi bromley,

I'd love it if the code is still available!

Thanks

• Advertisement

Pizzle wrote: »
    Hi bromley,

I'd love it if the code is still available!

Thanks

I sent you a PM.

If you need the email in case of a price increase, get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

bromley52 wrote: »
    I sent you a PM.

If you need the email in case of a price increase, get back to me.

Thanks bromley!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Annnnnnndd..... the code is gone.

I'll take that if still available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

PM sent $hifty enjoy.

Absolute gentleman, fair play Jimbob.

Edit: picked it up no problem, thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You can get the 3 Crash games remastered for the PS4 for cheaper than this.

Crash has aged badly on the PS1, the remasters are fantastic though and faithfull to the originals in every way possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Can anyone recommend a USB (64\128GB) that you have used for the various hacks out there? Some USB brands require more power than this can provide to reliably read\write.

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a USB (64\128GB) that you have used for the various hacks out there? Some USB brands require more power than this can provide to reliably read\write.

There is an easy power mod.

Use this freeware to measure the power usage of any USB device attached to your computer.
    The download is near the bottom of the page.
    The max power from the PS Classic without any mod is 300mA.
    A 128gb micro SD card with a USB adapter would be a perfect solution.

• Advertisement

Collected one last night in Galway,modded this morning with 102GB games wich I have for years on my PC.Im also using ps3 controller with 8bitDo adapter and its f.ckin great for 36€ .All games I loaded are Us NTSC with 60fps and they look and play fine.

Downloaded autobleem and a few Roms, plan to give this a crack later. Just wondering about this post above. What's the 8bitDo adapter? Does it allow 2 player on the installed Roms? This probably isn't the place to ask, is there a more appropriate forum for it (PS probably?)

The USB power input can be used for both power and the USB stick /powered hdd. You need an OTG y cable and an extra hack.

Doodlebug wrote: »

This is a recommended one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MDXBTL1/

Note (as a person who has hacked many consoles to load additional roms), once you add a load of extra ROMs to the system you WILL play it less.

It's a bizarre psychological phenomenon.

When you have a system with only 20 games on it, you feel obliged to try out all games that you may not have otherwise tried, whereas when you have 1000 games, you might only play one or two that you are familiar with, but then you'll probably move on.

This happened to me with my Wii U and NES Classic after I hacked them. I held off on hacking my SNES Mini, and ended up playing that more than either of the other 2.

I'm holding off on adding extra ROMs to this until I'm fully satisfied I've got my fill of what the default box has to offer.

One available in Navan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭recyclops

i dont have access to a soldering pen ( annoying has i have a 128gb usb 3.0) would a 2.0 micro sd adapter usb work for the autobleem?

Haven't tried it yet, but any guides I've seen don't require soldering at all :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It does if you want to use a USB 3.0 drive. I think the current is being limited on the two ports so the drive can get very hot if you don't solder.
    You can also use conductive ink.

Jump to about 3m10s on this video.

There are links in the description of the video.
    Also read here.

If you want autobleem and 2 controller ports free follow this tutorial to add OTG support and it lets you use more power hungry USB 3.0 sticks. No opening the machine or anything. There is a little bit of flashing the system so you have to be careful not to plug it out but it does make backups and I'm yet to see anyone manage to permanently brick the system. It's pretty easy not to screw it up anyways. You do need a low powered usb for the first part I'd recommend any sd card/micro sd to usb adapter as they draw very little power and you just need a small (micro) sd card as you won't be putting any games on it just the files it needs to flash.

As for OTG cables if you go angled I believe you want a left angled one like this one or go for future proofing if they add wifi support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I though there is way to use the rear port, which can handle more power. (larger USB 3 Sticks).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Downloaded autobleem and a few Roms, plan to give this a crack later. Just wondering about this post above. What's the 8bitDo adapter? Does it allow 2 player on the installed Roms? This probably isn't the place to ask, is there a more appropriate forum for it (PS probably?)

8bitDo adapter allows you to use any wireless controller you want(ps3,ps4,xone etc).Around 15£ on amazon and works with PC too 👌

beauf wrote: »
    I though there is way to use the rear port, which can handle more power. (larger USB 3 Sticks).

Yep see my post above.
    8bitDo adapter allows you to use any wireless controller you want(ps3,ps4,xone etc).Around 15£ on amazon and works with PC too ��

One issue is I believe they're one to one. So you need 2 if using two controllers..

• Advertisement
Advertisement