Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Classic €36.99 @ Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

The USB power input can be used for both power and the USB stick /powered hdd. You need an OTG y cable and an extra hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a USB (64\128GB) that you have used for the various hacks out there? Some USB brands require more power than this can provide to reliably read\write.

This is a recommended one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MDXBTL1/

Note (as a person who has hacked many consoles to load additional roms), once you add a load of extra ROMs to the system you WILL play it less.

It's a bizarre psychological phenomenon.

When you have a system with only 20 games on it, you feel obliged to try out all games that you may not have otherwise tried, whereas when you have 1000 games, you might only play one or two that you are familiar with, but then you'll probably move on.

This happened to me with my Wii U and NES Classic after I hacked them. I held off on hacking my SNES Mini, and ended up playing that more than either of the other 2.

I'm holding off on adding extra ROMs to this until I'm fully satisfied I've got my fill of what the default box has to offer.

One available in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

i dont have access to a soldering pen ( annoying has i have a 128gb usb 3.0) would a 2.0 micro sd adapter usb work for the autobleem?

Haven't tried it yet, but any guides I've seen don't require soldering at all :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It does if you want to use a USB 3.0 drive. I think the current is being limited on the two ports so the drive can get very hot if you don't solder.
    You can also use conductive ink.

Jump to about 3m10s on this video.

There are links in the description of the video.
    Also read here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

If you want autobleem and 2 controller ports free follow this tutorial to add OTG support and it lets you use more power hungry USB 3.0 sticks. No opening the machine or anything. There is a little bit of flashing the system so you have to be careful not to plug it out but it does make backups and I'm yet to see anyone manage to permanently brick the system. It's pretty easy not to screw it up anyways. You do need a low powered usb for the first part I'd recommend any sd card/micro sd to usb adapter as they draw very little power and you just need a small (micro) sd card as you won't be putting any games on it just the files it needs to flash.

As for OTG cables if you go angled I believe you want a left angled one like this one or go for future proofing if they add wifi support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I though there is way to use the rear port, which can handle more power. (larger USB 3 Sticks).

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Downloaded autobleem and a few Roms, plan to give this a crack later. Just wondering about this post above. What's the 8bitDo adapter? Does it allow 2 player on the installed Roms? This probably isn't the place to ask, is there a more appropriate forum for it (PS probably?)

8bitDo adapter allows you to use any wireless controller you want(ps3,ps4,xone etc).Around 15£ on amazon and works with PC too 👌

beauf wrote: »
    I though there is way to use the rear port, which can handle more power. (larger USB 3 Sticks).

Yep see my post above.
    8bitDo adapter allows you to use any wireless controller you want(ps3,ps4,xone etc).Around 15£ on amazon and works with PC too ��

One issue is I believe they're one to one. So you need 2 if using two controllers..

• Advertisement

Do the analogue stick work then?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No analog stick on these pads.

208-8842071-BYG419X.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mr E wrote: »
    No analog stick on these pads.

I think (s)he means PS3/4 controllers with usb trick.

8bitDo adapter allows you to use any wireless controller you want(ps3,ps4,xone etc).Around 15£ on amazon and works with PC too ��

Do these give you analog control? If I use a XBOX One Controller

seems so

https://youtu.be/qTxeqUP8GYg?t=207

Do the analogue stick work then?

Apparently so BUT you need to use retroarch to run the games which is just a little bit more setup and work to do... Look into retroboot or use bleemsync running games through retroarch. Or you can install it alongside autobleem.It can be a bit fugly to navigate though...
    Dunno how many games make use of or require the analog sticks. Ape escape for definite and think there are rereleases of resident evil games that use it..

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Of course.Check youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Trojan00

Back to €59.99

A great little device. The kids love playing Crash Bandicoot am I'm looking forward to playing Sonic the Hedgehog on it. I used to love playing that game. Cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I picked up the Sega classic collection today from Argos and it made me think why Sony can’t release a collection like this, disc based rather then system based

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

I picked up the Sega classic collection today from Argos and it made me think why Sony can’t release a collection like this, disc based rather then system based

File size might be one issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

pah wrote: »
    File size might be one issue.

There is only 16gb of flash memory in a PlayStation classic. A single layer blu-ray is 25gb and a dual layer is 50gb so even if they applied a 4K upgrade for the ps pro I can’t see it being bigger then 50gb

Could be BS but I saw something about these being around €30 in Smyths from tomorrow:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playstation-classic-mini-25-instore-at-smyths-from-tomorrow-3242673

Could be BS but I saw something about these being around €30 in Smyths from tomorrow:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playstation-classic-mini-25-instore-at-smyths-from-tomorrow-3242673

If you can find it in stock of course

Crikey I hadn't checked the stock for the rest of the country....didn't realise it had been so popular with the Dubs in particular!

I'm having so much fun with this bit of kit and I'd see this as a must for anyone into retro gaming. The number of consoles you can emulate on it is amazing.
    I have got some PSP games that are playable and yet I cannot for the life of me get the Simpsons to play on Mame arcade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

£26.99 on amazon now too

(use parcelmotel for delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

30 eur on amazon.it but around 8 bucks shipping. Might be good if you're buying more than one. How much is parcel motel does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

€3.95
    Kolido wrote: »
    30 eur on amazon.it but around 8 bucks shipping. Might be good if you're buying more than one. How much is parcel motel does anyone know?

Advertisement