Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New, unregistered Irish-bought car from 1976 - where do I start?

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

She's looking a bit pale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

She's looking a bit pale.

I'm guessing it's covered in snow .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's clearly a phantom :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Camouflage paintwork?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭ratracer

Looks good! Really blends in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

The suspense is killing ..... I mean I know I dragged the arse out of taking pics of the 504 at the start of this thread, but I wasn't setting a precedent!!!

Come back Cashel, and use the little 'attach' button if you're not sure how to embed an image.

I'd love to see how the little Daihatsu is looking these days :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Cashel Mc

Sorry all wifi went down last night and image did not upload and of course I never checked , just been too busy with work

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Cashel Mc

Hijet

Wow - that looks absolutely brilliant - a far cry from the day we pushed it out of the shed. I wish the old man could see it. Shur maybe he can!!!

Thanks so much for posting the pics :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Mate of mine sent me that this morning. Such a shame to see it up for sale already.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Mate of mine sent me that this morning. Such a shame to see it up for sale already.

I thought the same myself.
    Mine wont be going anywhere for sale, til I pop me clogs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Yeah. I would have been the same as yourself. Such a shame. That one would have been garaged with the Carina til the day I head to the great Nagoya in the Sky if I had gotten it.

Yeah. I would have been the same as yourself. Such a shame. That one would have been garaged with the Carina til the day I head to the great Nagoya in the Sky if I had gotten it.

Can still be yours for 7.5K:P, but its not the same...

I get more of a buzz from chatting about mine with any callers and neighbours than any amount of money:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

7.5k... jaysis.

E36Ross wrote: »

Saw that the other day myself on FB marketplace - I have to say, the guy has it looking immaculate and it's great to see it like that. A fair number of hours must have gone into it since it left here to get it shipshape.

Personally I can't imagine anyone paying 7.5k for it though. But if they do, good luck to them. It sure beats sitting in a shed slowly rotting away!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

long time since I checked in on this thread, but just wondering whatever happend the Peugeot in the end ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Well its stable mate for all those years, the VW Variant has just had a top end rebuild, and is now back in the car running nicely.

It's still there GalwayTT - still wrapped up untouched.

Unfortunately soon after selling the VW Variant and the Hijet + a few of the old motorbikes, everything came to an unexpected halt when I got hit by the dreaded Covid bug. And what I thought would be a two week sniffle turned out to be anything but. Almost two years later and it's only now I'm managing to be up and about during the day again. Long Covid wiped me out with fatigue (think two years of the worst hangover you've ever had constantly!!), joint ache, tinnitus, stomach issues, nerve probs, circulation issues & more and often had me bed bound / housebound during 2021 and 2022 ... I'm still not anywhere near the fitness level I was at beforehand but I'm able to stay up for most of the day now at least (and it appears that my heart has been permanently damaged by the bug 😕 .... I'm still shocked at what it did to me as I was a very fit and healthy 48 year old at the time ... and now I feel like I'm about 80!!!

Anyway, I am slowly improving and may someday get back to the cars, but for the past two or so years I haven't had the energy, the strength or the inclination to do anything with the Peugeot or the others that we kept. It's crazy how everything in life can change so drastically and so quickly. I will start a new post here sometime if and when I decide to get the Peugeot up and running and regain the energy to do so ... I hope you and everyone on this thread (especially the fabulous Kadman) are doing well 😀♥️

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I’m sure everyone on this chat will wish you a speedy recovery. Covid has been a nightmare for so many. Will be looking forward to updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hammerdub

Sorry to hear your bad news, that sounds really brutal , I wish you the very best and hopefully you'll get some of your spark back and get on to living your life to the best you can.

Hey @alfa beta , sounds like a **** time you had since we last met.Hopefully things pick up for you now. I am keeping great now thanks, after the heart attack I had 15 months ago. It was a small hiccup for me thankfully. And the variant is getting the love she deserves😀

I took off the front panel nosecone, and the inner one as well, where it got a nudge on the bumper and rusted away. It was all lined up ready for welding, and then the wedding interrupted the good work😁 But the drinking and dancing is all over now , so back to the variant, or so I thought. Mrs had other ideas and demanded a new kitchen, after many years of putting up with the old one.

Well I'm not going to argue with the cook now , am i?🤣

So the variant will have to wait a day or 2 longer. But she is inside, nice and warm.

I hope yourself and the rest of the family are all good now. Nice to hear from you,

Tim

AS the house projects are finally finished for now, I hope to be starting back on the variant early next week. All the front cip, 2 side panels and inner clip are aligned and need to be spotted in and fully welded in some sections. And I will update again as things progress.

watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

any further updates ?

Any VW updates will be on the 67 variant thread. Back to work on it next week.

Have to wait a while longer. 2 family funerals for 2 brother in laws in the past fortnight. And now tested positive with Cpvid. so a few days longer before I re connect with the squareback

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's awful, Kadman, my condolences.

Its all good now, back to normal, and the 67 Variant thread back on track.😀

• Advertisement
Advertisement