Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LouiG567

So as someone who has made it through the interview round(have always failed these miserably) can someone tell me how the batches work.
    I'm oom1 in my batch but do the other batches need to be exhausted before they might get to me? I want to limit my expectations if there is no chance of getting called.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Zhome

One panel. All of 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 will need to be placed or eliminated before they move to 1.4. No idea where they are upto but you can ring and ask. Etiquette is to then update the thread.

So as stated previously Ive been placed late 20s on batch 1.4.

PAS have told me that there are 93 people ahead of me which I assume means a lenghty enough waiting period.

I guess this also means that each batch has its own panel that needs to be worked through in ascending order.

Hope this is helpful information.

Best of luck to all and thanks again to everyone who has contributed to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 allyben

Zhome wrote: »
    So as stated previously Ive been placed late 20s on batch 1.4.

PAS have told me that there are 93 people ahead of me which I assume means a lenghty enough waiting period.

I guess this also means that each batch has its own panel that needs to be worked through in ascending order.

Hope this is helpful information.

Best of luck to all and thanks again to everyone who has contributed to the thread.

This is so helpful thanks! to clarify, do you know is that, 93 people still waiting to begin clearance ahead of you? /waiting to be assigned departments...?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭11amie11

Loreida wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Hope you don't me intruding on your thread, but I was hoping for some info.

I've been in the clearance process for a public sector job since November.

The woman I deal with is slow to deal with, unresponsive, and makes many mistakes. She called my references last week (I only know because they told me). I'm unemployed and getting seriously broke waiting for this appointment.

Does anyone have any information about the process. I would think, since she called my references, I should get an offer soon?

She tells me nothing, no timeline. I get one line misspelled emails, usually requesting the sames documents. She even called the wrong reference for me.

Hi there,

I am having a lot of trouble with the girl dealing with my case too. There are people ahead of me on the panel getting their jobs assigned ahead of me. She told me all she is waiting on is my references and I have contacted both and neither have heard from her. Would you mind private messaging me the name, just curious would it be the same person.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tebazil

I know someone in Dublin open batch 1.2, and they have just been asked for clearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

Hi all,
    I haven't been keeping up with this thread. When is the next EO comp due or when will this one expire? I see that there was one in Jan 2019 and then this one in July 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 caseyeire

Any word on Carlow/kilkenny e-tray results? Have it done just over 2 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

caseyeire wrote: »
    Any word on Carlow/kilkenny e-tray results? Have it done just over 2 weeks now.

Hi Caseyeire, was the closing date 18/02/2020? If so, PAS told me that the results for the batch of that closing date will be out by the end of March. So I would say we will be waiting another couple of weeks anyway. You could email LargeVolumeRecruitment5@publicjobs.ie if you want to clarify it with them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 QuiTomJinn

Tebazil wrote: »
    I know someone in Dublin open batch 1.2, and they have just been asked for clearance.

If you don't mind me asking what number were they on the order of merit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tebazil

QuiTomJinn wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking what number were they on the order of merit?

Less than 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Hi all,
    I haven't been keeping up with this thread. When is the next EO comp due or when will this one expire? I see that there was one in Jan 2019 and then this one in July 2020.

The 2019 campaign closed early to coincide with end of Dublin 2018 EO. This current campaign is due to runs until June 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Erialc5

The 2019 campaign closed early to coincide with end of Dublin 2018 EO. This current campaign is due to runs until June 2022.

They were interviewing from the 2019 campaign up to 2 weeks ago and put a panel in place. I also know someone that is starting as EO on Monday from this campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Zhome

allyben wrote: »
    This is so helpful thanks! to clarify, do you know is that, 93 people still waiting to begin clearance ahead of you? /waiting to be assigned departments...?

No idea.

They just said there are 93 people ahead of me.

I assume its 93 people across batches 1.1 to 1.4.

As I said I have been placed on batch 1.4.

They suggested I check in with them from time to time to keep an eye on how its progressing.

I really dont understand how they work it!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Erialc5 wrote: »
    They were interviewing from the 2019 campaign up to 2 weeks ago and put a panel in place. I also know someone that is starting as EO on Monday from this campaign

Its possible in some counties they are still operating on the 2019 panel, but it should expired when the first group pass interview from the 2020 campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Halcyon_dayz

Just a heads up for everyone waiting, I got the consideration email this morning. I was in batch 1:2 with an oom near the 20 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Just a heads up for everyone waiting, I got the consideration email this morning. I was in batch 1:2 with an oom near the 20 mark

Consideration email?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CP123

Hey I have a few questions. So for people who are being placed, did PAS let you know before they contacted your current employer yes? And how much notice were you able to give. I want to give quite a long notice period, I dont know how long but as long as is possible.

Has anyone actually started their new position? I've been working from home the past year. In wondering if there are EO roles being given to people at the moment where they are working from home. Although I like WFH I would much prefer to be in the office if im learning a new role, especially because I have never worked in the Civil Service before so I am not familiar with anything at all. So has anyone started their new job, and if so, are you in office or at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

What's a consideration email?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Buster97

What’s the consideration email? I’m batch 1.2 and in the top 10 and I haven’t received anything since my interview results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Halcyon_dayz

morrism wrote: »
    What's a consideration email?

Being considered for a position but have to get Garda vetted and ref checked before an offer is made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

It may have been mentioned before but the Internal HEO competition is in full swing at the moment - they're just awaiting the results of Part 1 - so once that concludes and people start getting placed, it should speed things up for us

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kazoo2001

Hi All, sorry if this has been asked before but have they started calling Mayo for stray yet and if so, any idea what oom they have reached? Thanks

Hi, I was wondering the same

I received an email back this week,

"In regard to Mayo we have called candidates who reached a total score of 135 or above to E-tray for open and interdepartmental"

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

It may have been mentioned before but the Internal HEO competition is in full swing at the moment - they're just awaiting the results of Part 1 - so once that concludes and people start getting placed, it should speed things up for us

Internal HEO in Revenue is entering 3rd week of interviews. All together 6 weeks so fairly few candidates are being interviewed. Internal EO interviews will start in April. I suppose they will go on for at least 6 weeks as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

MonikaB wrote: »
    Internal HEO in Revenue is entering 3rd week of interviews. All together 6 weeks so fairly few candidates are being interviewed. Internal EO interviews will start in April. I suppose they will go on for at least 6 weeks as well.

A neighbour of mine told me EO interviews for revenue have started. He has his next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

A neighbour of mine told me EO interviews for revenue have started. He has his next week.

I haven't been on here in weeks, anyone from countries outside Dublin called to Etray? Westmeath or Roscommon?

I am on both panels, have my HEO next week, haven't heard about the date EO yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Darren1881

Yes I'm taking part in that competition also. So far it's just part 1 a and b completed so far. The results haven't been released yet which I imagine will then lead to etrays etc. So for the moment this competition seems to be a little further along.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭11amie11

I got my interview date on Friday for the Revenue internal EO, interview is the 15th

11amie11 wrote: »
    I got my interview date on Friday for the Revenue internal EO, interview is the 15th

That's brilliant although not giving you much time to prep. Spoke to some who had already interviewed on the HEO panel, apparently they are fairly strict on 7minutes per competency. Good thing to know while prepping
    Best of luck on the 15th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ralthooor

Re: references. I may be putting the cart before the horse here as I haven't even been called to e-tray yet, but should I get as far as needing references I'm wondering how to handle that as I am unemployed for the last year or so, prior to that I was a full time carer for four years for a since deceased parent and the company I worked for for the previous 8 or so years have closed up shop and moved their operation abroad.

Advertisement