Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yea you could use your GB Iban details to get paid, however it’s a bit messy atm as Revolut are transitioning the ibans around due to Brexit. The GB details will only work a few more months. If you can give your Lithuanian iban details it might be better long term

https://blog.revolut.com/transferring-our-lithuanian-customers-before-brexit/

Not sure if there’s a update about it just yet, but that link explains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I made a mistake and transferred Euro to Revolut to the old IBAN instead of the new one. Will I still receive the funds. It's still pending?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

tenreds wrote: »
    I work in NI but my wages are paid into my Irish bank account ( BOI). Since the start of January bank has been charging me €7.50 every week for my wages coming in to the bank I think because of Brexit.Would it be better if I got my wages paid into my Revolut account and just transfer then into my Irish bank account
    You should definitely consider it as you're probably been shafted by BOI on the £/€ exchange rate too. Given the amount you'd be exchanging per month, you might be better paying the €7.99/month for unlimited FX on Revolut Premium.

Alternatively, consider using a fintech bank like Monese where you'd have the benefit of the UK deposit guarantee scheme. They provide separate £ and € accounts. You could even use it as your main account and cut out BOI completely.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

-=al=- wrote: »
    Yea you could use your GB Iban details to get paid, however it’s a bit messy atm as Revolut are transitioning the ibans around due to Brexit. The GB details will only work a few more months. If you can give your Lithuanian iban details it might be better long term

https://blog.revolut.com/transferring-our-lithuanian-customers-before-brexit/

Not sure if there’s a update about it just yet, but that link explains
    You do NOT use your Revolut IBAN for receiving UK£ payments. You're provided with a specific UK account number & sort code for this purpose and it will NOT be changing!

The IBAN (which has changed from GB to LT and is to charge again to IE) is for euro SEPA & foreign-currency SWIFT payments.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I made a mistake and transferred Euro to Revolut to the old IBAN instead of the new one. Will I still receive the funds. It's still pending?

Is still working, I'm waiting to see of i can avoid changing to the LT IBAN....hopefully I can jump straight from the GB one to the IE one in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭tenreds

Quackster wrote: »
    You should definitely consider it as you're probably been shafted by BOI on the £/€ exchange rate too. Given the amount you'd be exchanging per month, you might be better paying the €7.99/month for unlimited FX on Revolut Premium.

Alternatively, consider using a fintech bank like Monese where you'd have the benefit of the UK deposit guarantee scheme. They provide separate £ and € accounts. You could even use it as your main account and cut out BOI completely.

The exchange doesn’t affect me as company pay me same euro amount luckily every week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

tenreds wrote:
    I work in NI but my wages are paid into my Irish bank account ( BOI). Since the start of January bank has been charging me €7.50 every week for my wages coming in to the bank I think because of Brexit.Would it be better if I got my wages paid into my Revolut account and just transfer then into my Irish bank account

Are you paid in GBP via a NI bank? My UK pension is paid into a NI bank in GBP. I transfer it to my Revolut GB local account number (not IBAN) & the money arrives within seconds. I then exchange the funds to EURO & transfer it to my BoI account. The transfer takes about 4 hours. There is a 0.5% charge for amounts exchanged over EUR 1000 (I have the non-fee Revolut card).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭beachhead

Aquos76 wrote: »
    During banking hours, it normally takes a couple of hours for me.
    a few minutes for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Anyone else not able to add money to their Revolut account using their AIB debit card. Since last week I've been getting an error and so is one other person that I know.

Any fix for this?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to add money to their Revolut account using their AIB debit card. Since last week I've been getting an error and so is one other person that I know.

Any fix for this?

Link the card to Apple Pay and top up via that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 dolmen

I have gone through the registration Revoult process, lodged €45 . Provided id and verification with my passport.
    But when I log in I'm asked to lodge€15 as my account cannot be verified. There is a CHAT facility, but only if you're account is verified.
    No phone numbers are provided. Has anyone any suggestions as to either verify account or get my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dolmen

I have gone through the registration Revoult process, lodged €45 . Provided id and verification with my passport.
    But when I log in I'm asked to lodge€15 as my account cannot be verified. There is a CHAT facility, but only if you're account is verified.
    No phone numbers are provided. Has anyone any suggestions as to either verify account or get my money back.

dolmen wrote: »

Try their customer care on twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Any fix for this?
    Aquos76 wrote: »
    Link the card to Apple Pay and top up via that?

Having trouble with Ulster Bank, cant top up with debit card or with google pay using the same card? Any one get a way to fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

mightyreds wrote:
    Having trouble with Ulster Bank, cant top up with debit card or with google pay using the same card? Any one get a way to fix this?

Probably a stupid question but have you checked the card expiry date?

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but have you checked the card expiry date?

All is good on google pay I only added the card directly from the ulster bank app recently, I'm going to try re add the card itself to revolut and try that

mightyreds wrote: »
    All is good on google pay I only added the card directly from the ulster bank app recently, I'm going to try re add the card itself to revolut and try that

Adding the card again did nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Can I send a SEPA transfer to a non Irish bank account from a Revolut Personal account?
    I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. When I select bank transfer and go to put in the IBAN it won't let me change IE to any other Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

Suckit wrote: »
    Can I send a SEPA transfer to a non Irish bank account from a Revolut Personal account?
    I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. When I select bank transfer and go to put in the IBAN it won't let me change IE to any other Country.

Yes, you can. You first need to select the 'Country of recipient's bank' when you add a new recipient, before you put in the IBAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

inel wrote: »
    Yes, you can. You first need to select the 'Country of recipient's bank' when you add a new recipient, before you put in the IBAN.
    Ahh, thanks.

At the top, I didn't realise I needed to scroll up when opening 'add recipient'. I just checked there, when you scroll down, and then back up, it still stops at IBAN, you have to scroll up twice to see country and currency option...

• Advertisement

Havn't bothered telling people my new LT IBAN (they use by old GB one). Now get an email when I get funds via the GB IBAN.

Am hoping the IE one is sorted by 30/6 as they say after that date incoming funds MAY be rejected. Save people having to update it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

Any fix for this?

Did you find a fix for this? It's not working for me either despite no issues in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Wanderer41 wrote: »
    Did you find a fix for this? It's not working for me either despite no issues in the past.

Could you just do a SEPA transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

McGaggs wrote: »
    Could you just do a SEPA transfer?

I just tried that, but AIB doesn't recognise the IBAN as Irish. From googling to seems you now need a card reader to add money from AIB to Revolut, which I don't have and don't have access to. So frustrating as I really need to add money to Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

I just transferred from my AIB account to revolut without issues.

I just tried that, but AIB doesn't recognise the IBAN as Irish. From googling to seems you now need a card reader to add money from AIB to Revolut, which I don't have and don't have access to. So frustrating as I really need to add money to Revolut.

Isn't it illegal not to allow SEPA transfers?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Have Revolut and the app on iPhone.

Occasionally in the phone Revolut pops up as of it were to be used as tap payment.

I’ve no idea how this appears, (big thick farmers fingers).

How does this work, can I use this for tap payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

McGaggs wrote: »
    Isn't it illegal not to allow SEPA transfers?

How are Revolut able to operate here without an Irish banking licence?

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

For Revolut you can either use the GB or LT IBANs to make the transfer, neither of which are Irish. AIB require a card reader to complete international (including Eurozone) SEPA transfers, theres no way around that unfortunately. If you can borrow someone elses card reader, just use that

• Advertisement

How are Revolut able to operate here without an Irish banking licence?

They aren't a bank. They operate here under a Lithuanian emoney licence.

Advertisement