Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭3d4life

Ten Pin wrote: »
    IMO Lyca have too many different plans and offers...

Their main attraction to me is that they do have some really well targeted plans

For example https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle/international-red/

800 minutes of land/mobile calls to EU countries for €12 a month :) .

What other Irish based operator can match that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Has anybody subscribed to the three month bundle? I did but it expired after the first month. Had to call customer service yesterday, they are currently looking into it. In the meantime I have no data or call allowance. I paid 22.50 for what is supposed to be three months allowance. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ian_m wrote: »
    Has anybody subscribed to the three month bundle? I did but it expired after the first month. Had to call customer service yesterday, they are currently looking into it. In the meantime I have no data or call allowance. I paid 22.50 for what is supposed to be three months allowance. Annoying.

I had a brief experience with lyca years ago. Seems like nothing's changed. Plenty of competition out then now. 48 would only be an extra 50c per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Did you get sorted? I bought a 3 month plan on 22-09-2020 and says it is due to expire on 22-10-2020. This is what Lyca chat have to say

Lara: Sorry for the confusion. On your account, your plan will only show 1 month, after that, it will automatically renew until the 3rd month.

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Did you get sorted? I bought a 3 month plan on 22-09-2020 and says it is due to expire on 22-10-2020. This is what Lyca chat have to say

I moved to another network. One week to sort out a problem and they couldn't, no updates from them either, even though I kept pushing. They just kept advising me to give it another 24 hours. Meantime I have no minutes or data to use even though I paid for it. Sure even if it gets fixed, how can you be sure if the same thing won't happen again? I wouldn't waste my time with them again. Abysmal customer service.

• Advertisement

I moved to another network. One week to sort out a problem and they couldn't, no updates from them either, even though I kept pushing. They just kept advising me to give it another 24 hours. Meantime I have no minutes or data to use even though I paid for it. Sure even if it gets fixed, how can you be sure if the same thing won't happen again? I wouldn't waste my time with them again. Abysmal customer service.

Bollix, my first month of 3 is due to expire tomorrow so I'm almost certainly going to encounter the same issues.

Will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Get them on Facebook.

Bollix, my first month of 3 is due to expire tomorrow so I'm almost certainly going to encounter the same issues.

Will report back.

Maybe I was unlucky. Still, I wouldn't go back. Keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I switched from Lyca recently.
    Was about to call abroad and had forgotten how cheap international calls were with Lyca
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/rates/#/international

Maybe I was unlucky. Still, I wouldn't go back. Keep us posted.

No problems on one month rollover. I got a text to say my second month had now begun. My check bundle shows it has been extended for another month.

• Advertisement

No problems on one month rollover. I got a text to say my second month had now begun. My check bundle shows it has been extended for another month.

What balance have you got if you don't mind me asking? Is there supposed to be a minimum?

Lyca seem to have a small but loyal customer base here but they are doing themselves no favours with such complicated plans and addons etc. Then problems arise and they seem slow to be able to fix many of the issues. It's a pity they don't slim it down to 3 or 4 plans and leave it at that.

What balance have you got if you don't mind me asking? Is there supposed to be a minimum?

Monetary balance or allowance balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anshuljain1987

You need to ensure the Auto Renewal is switched on. If you are not sure of the option - use their App to check/make the changes. Cannot do it from their website.

I had the same problem - but was able to resolve through their App

DopeTech wrote: »
    Lyca seem to have a small but loyal customer base here but they are doing themselves no favours with such complicated plans and addons etc. Then problems arise and they seem slow to be able to fix many of the issues. It's a pity they don't slim it down to 3 or 4 plans and leave it at that.

the multitude of niche plans (particularly ones with calls to abroad) is probably the only way that they are selling credit when you take into account the competition are offering huge data allowances (GoMo and 48).

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭extrapolate

Is anyone still with Lyca? The call quality both inbound and outbound is getting unbearable, broken voices that sound patchy every call lately. Is it just me or is it Lyca? If it's Lyca then I'm off to switching because this is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭maurice1

My call quality has been getting worse, but i thought it was the phone and silver foiled insulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Yes i am having the same problem ringing a lyca number on 48 so is a friend of mine on tescomobile maybe its that they are using the old o2 network that is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Yes, same here. Impossible to understand what people are saying, thought it was my phone. Having to use whatsapp a lot of the time. It's not sustainable for me if this continues, I'm out.

Vote with your feet, plenty of competition out there now with 48, Gomo, Post mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I switched from Lyca a few months ago because of similar issues.

Lyca is a dead duck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

DopeTech wrote: »
    Vote with your feet, plenty of competition out there now with 48, Gomo, Post mobile.

Which is considered the best alternative? Good quality voice calls and at least 10 GB 4g data would be the requirement?

Same problems here and parents having problems too. I've reported to Lyca....hopefully they will identify the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

The 3 month plans for €13.50 and €22.50 (for 3 months) are available for renewal at the end of the 1st 3 mth period. As always Lyca don't make it east, plans can be found only by clicking BUNDLES and then LONG TERM PLANS. These plans are available to existing customers in contrast to the promoted plans on home page.
    I mention as I thought they would renew me on a one month plan from my balance, at the end of 3 mths.
    BTW has anybody lost a Cr Balance because of time limits? T&Cs don't help as a new topup seems to re-set the clock.

Zynks wrote: »
    Which is considered the best alternative? Good quality voice calls and at least 10 GB 4g data would be the requirement?

Some find post mobile more consistent speeds wise but I've been with gomo and with 48 since September and find both of them fine. My advice would be to try 48, 2nd month is free if you use a recruiter link to sign up. (Thread in the referral codes forum). If for any reason you don't like it then you can always try gomo or post mobile but at almost half the price it's a bit of a no brainier to try 48 first.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Zynks wrote: »

48 have similar coverage to Lyca and have 80Gb for €8 / month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

jdon72 wrote: »
    48 have similar coverage to Lyca and have 80Gb for €8 / month

You get 100Gb :cool:

More changes in the Lyca plans and more expensive than the previous €7.50 a month deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Can you use credit to buy a bundle so top-up get free month then buy bundle.

Advertisement