Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

It is pretty clear
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/special-offers/special-offers-top-up-offers/

balance is *131#
    data etc *137# or *147#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Lyca have updated there app & I am not getting a option to use credit to topup only credit card have they pulled the old deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Lyca have updated there app & I am not getting a option to use credit to topup only credit card have they pulled the old deal

Is it available through website login?

Buying a bundle from credit can also be done via text to 3535. Each bundle has it's own specific code.

Lyca have dropped the price of there main deal from 15 to 10 euro it says you have to text portin to 8888 is this correct meaning your 10 euro is used up you dont get the second month free or half price by keeping your credit for to buy following month.

Lyca have dropped the price of there main deal from 15 to 10 euro it says you have to text portin to 8888 is this correct meaning your 10 euro is used up you dont get the second month free or half price by keeping your credit for to buy following month.

There are 2 offers for porting to Lyca...

One offer is 10e for 12 months with autorenew...so it's 10e every month...15e thereafter.

Other offer is 10e for 3 months, 10e top up required each of those 3 months...15e thereafter.

Whereas the ongoing offer of top up in month 1 and buy a bundle in month 2 works out at 7.50 per month.

Clever marketing but not really a price drop as long as the top up offer continues.

• Advertisement

Ok but my sister is on old deal & she bought her second month yesterday by texting 2015 to 3535 & it only cost her 10 euro to renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭dubrov

They are still advertising a €15 Euro topup deal and keep your credit

dubrov wrote: »

Ok so it now looks like if you avail of old 20 euro topup you get 3 months for it @ a price of 6.66 euro a month first month free & 20 euro buy you the following 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

homingbird wrote: »
    Ok so it now looks like if you avail of old 20 euro topup you get 3 months for it @ a price of 6.66 euro a month first month free & 20 euro buy you the following 2 months.

Ireland Plus is still €15 on Lyca website, unless you are a new customer.

Yes Ireland plus is available for 15 euro but if you buy the 20 Euro topup you won't be short the 5 euro for 3rd month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭eggerb

Is the €15 top-up converted to "promo credit" that must be used within 30 days or it expires?

Customer will receive FREE National Data and FREE Unlimited National minutes in Ireland with every €15 or more if you top up €20 or more you will receive maximum 20GB data and you get to keep the top up amount as promo credit. The free minutes, data and promo balance are valid for 30 days from the top-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

So is this the cheapest PAYG deal on the market at the minute?

Looking for something cheap and cheerful for the kid.

Soarer wrote: »
    So is this the cheapest PAYG deal on the market at the minute?

Looking for something cheap and cheerful for the kid.

It probably is but you have to set reminders to repurchase bundles at the end of 28 days. Otherwise your credit disappears in hours.
    If your kids exceed the data limit on the bundle, the credit will also disappear quickly.

If you want the easy life, go with another network.

It probably is but you have to set reminders to repurchase bundles at the end of 28 days. Otherwise your credit disappears in hours.
    If your kids exceed the data limit on the bundle, the credit will also disappear quickly.

If you want the easy life, go with another network.

I love the easy life!

At the risk of derailing, can you suggest one?

I love the easy life!
    At the risk of derailing, can you suggest one?

Ah please, don't derail ;)

The cheapest option for low data only needs could be the €4.99 data bundle but the Lyca Mobile pricing analysts (in their marketing dept) will start to win and draw you into their offers such as the top up by €15 - get free data and keep your credit ;) - well sort of keep it deal
    eggerb wrote: »
    Is the €15 top-up converted to "promo credit" that must be used within 30 days or it expires?

Customer will receive FREE National Data and FREE Unlimited National minutes in Ireland with every €15 or more if you top up €20 or more you will receive maximum 20GB data and you get to keep the top up amount as promo credit. The free minutes, data and promo balance are valid for 30 days from the top-up.

So, a good bit of this thread is about
    Day 1 : top up by 15 - get 15GB data. Keep 15 credit
    Day 30: Use 15 credit (now promo credit) to buy bundle. Great €7.50 per month so far (if you don't roam).
    Day 60: top up by 15 - get 15GB data. Keep 15 credit
    Day 92: Oops forgot to use my credit (now promo credit) to buy bundle so it is wiped and lost forever? Not all as plain sailing as I thought. (Plain sailing is when your company just pays for your phone like in my case but the other 4 phones in the house are my problem!)

Is that the deal? If, I'm not super diligent watching the wife's and the three kids' accounts, I'll be stung eventually either by losing my credit after the 30 days or because the kids eat into their credit when their credit is exhausted. Or worse, they still have free data but you pass through the six counties and the free gigabytes are only valid for national data and your euro credit is depleted. It wouldn't have happened if you were in one of your buy bundle 30 days but your hard luck, you weren't!

The cheapest option for low data only needs could be the €4.99 data bundle but the Lyca Mobile pricing analysts (in their marketing dept) will start to win and draw you into their offers such as the top up by €15 - get free data and keep your credit ;) - well sort of keep it deal

Day 30: Use 15 credit (now promo credit) to buy bundle. Great €7.50 per month so far (if you don't roam).
    Day 92: Oops forgot to use my credit (now promo credit) to buy bundle so it is wiped and lost forever? Not all as plain sailing as I thought. (Plain sailing is when your company just pays for your phone like in my case but the other 4 phones in the house are my problem!)

Is that the deal? If, I'm not super diligent watching the wife's and the three kids' accounts, I'll be stung eventually either by losing my credit after the 30 days or because the kids eat into their credit when their credit is exhausted. Or worse, they still have free data but you pass through the six counties and the free gigabytes are only valid for national data and your euro credit is depleted. It wouldn't have happened if you were in one of your buy bundle 30 days but your hard luck, you weren't!

Sums it up perfectly. Only thing I can recommend is to line up all family renewals on the same day. Then they only thing you have to worry about is exceeding data limits, not something I have to worry about personally but can appreciate it might be a problem for some.

It is the cheapest PAYG on the market but you do your work for it. For those that are diligent, it's a fantastic offer.

So am I reading it right that, if you keep an eye on things, you can make the €15 last 2 months?

My take on the cheaper networks is

Lycmobile
    €6 per month (over 5 months - 2x15 topups and then buy Europe plus for 10 using credit)
    The topup process is painful so it probably worked out like 10 for me due to breaching data allowances/forgetting to top up in time.
    No 4G and can't receive notifications for some apps

Virgin Mobile
    €5 per month for first 5 months then 15 after.
    4G

10 per month
    Don't know much about this network

Tesco
    15pm
    4G
    You can keep credit but out of bundle costs are expensive

GoMo
    12.99 pm (used to be 9.99)
    4G and probably best network of all
    Large data allowance
    International calls not included and are expensive
    Bill pay only

It is fairly easy to move networks now so I think Virgin offer a much better product and price that Lyca.
    GoMo is the best of the above but obviously costs more.

So am I reading it right that, if you keep an eye on things, you can make the €15 last 2 months?
    Yes - if you are after calls and national data. Texts are not included & roaming data is not included in the top up by 15 - get 15GB of data and national calls and keep your credit - that becomes promo credit *beware*. If you just wanted data, there is the €4.99 bundle for 3GB

Lycmobile
    €6 per month (over 5 months - 2x15 topups and then buy Europe plus for 10 using credit)
    The topup process is painful so it probably worked out like 10 for me due to breaching data allowances/forgetting to top up in time.

Virgin Mobile
    €5 per month for first 5 months then 15 after.
    4G

10 per month
    Don't know much about this network

Tesco
    15pm
    4G
    You can keep credit but out of bundle costs are expensive

GoMo
    12.99 pm (used to be 9.99)
    4G and probably best network of all
    Large data allowance
    International calls not included and are expensive
    Bill pay only

It is fairly easy to move networks now so I think Virgin offer a much better product and price that Lyca.
    GoMo is the best of the above but obviously costs more.

LycaMobile have a 3 month offer as well for new connections. You must buy it when ordering the SIM though - that caught me so it wasn't available. Looks good on their rolling banner though ;)

Thanks for the summary. One thing to watch here is roaming in Europe and how they let you use your bundle in Europe. For the EU countries, you are good with all because of the directive but for say Switzerland (+ other European non EU/EEA) - most low cost providers consider it outside the EU/EEA (which it is) so it's no good. Lyca on the other hand let's you use your bundle in Switzerland up to certain limits. Tip here - opt for lower cost bundles and buy in succession as a big data bundle will have big data national but proportionally less roaming data than the lower cost bundles.

• Advertisement

Lycmobile

Great summary but Lyca is now 4G.

Why would you topup by 15 as you would be short 5 euro for 3rd month if you buy the 20 euro topup deal you have enough to buy the following 2 months ireland plus deal @ 10 euro a month.
    p374SF6

homingbird wrote:
    Why would you topup by 15 as you would be short 5 euro for 3rd month if you buy the 20 euro topup deal you have enough to buy the following 2 months ireland plus deal @ 10 euro a month.

If you top-up by 15 twice, you can cover 5 months for 30 euro => 6 euro per month.

If you go down the 20 topup route, you cover 3 months for 20 => 6.66 euro per month

So rhe second option is more expensive but probably easier to maintain

If you top-up by 15 twice, you can cover 5 months for 30 euro => 6 euro per month.

If you go down the 20 topup route, you cover 3 months for 20 => 6.66 euro per month

So rhe second option is more expensive but probably easier to maintain

Ok thanks for that another question a friend of mine wants to switch to this for UK Calls if he tops up with 15 euro can he buy the international calls. does he keep the 15 topup deal of all calls & 15g data meaning can he buy uk calls as add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

homingbird wrote: »
    Ok thanks for that another question a friend of mine wants to switch to this for UK Calls if he tops up with 15 euro can he buy the international calls. does he keep the 15 topup deal of all calls & 15g data meaning can he buy uk calls as add on.

Tell him to look into Yolla or Viber out.

For the month where you do the 15 euro topup, no international calls are included but you do keep your credit. You would need to pay out of bundle charges which are 15c/min to mobiles or buy an addon which can both be paid for by your credit.

I can't see any addon less than a tenner covering UK calls so you'd probably need to do:
    Month 1: Topup 15 + Buy addon for a tenner (5 Euro credit left)
    Month 2: Topup 15 + Buy addon for a tenner (10 Euro credit left)
    Month 3: Buy addon for a tenner (0 credit left)

So it would cost a tenner a month on average. There may be better deals elsehere.

Landline UK calls can be 1c per min, need to opt in every month. Not as cheap for UK mobiles at 7c per min
    Our Saver Plan will provide you with the cheapest possible rates on all your international calls. To get these rates, simply text SAVE to 2525 free of charge. These special rates are valid for the calendar month and customers must opt in once again next month to renew their Saver Plan rates.

https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/rates/#/international

I hadn't seen that opt in option for international calls.

It's like Lyca want to make you work every month and pay you for doing so

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

For the month where you do the 15 euro topup, no international calls are included but you do keep your credit. You would need to pay out of bundle charges which are 15c/min to mobiles or buy an addon which can both be paid for by your credit.

I can't see any addon less than a tenner covering UK calls so you'd probably need to do:
    Month 1: Topup 15 + Buy addon for a tenner (5 Euro credit left)
    Month 2: Topup 15 + Buy addon for a tenner (10 Euro credit left)
    Month 3: Buy addon for a tenner (0 credit left)

So it would cost a tenner a month on average. There may be better deals elsehere.

Did I correctly understand earlier posts by eggerb ? Top-up of €15 gives free calls but €15 credit expires after 30 days ?

• Advertisement

pjq wrote:
    Did I correctly understand earlier posts by eggerb ? Top-up of €15 gives free calls but €15 credit expires after 30 days ?

6 months ago it didn't anyway. I don't know if they have changed things since then though

Advertisement