Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photos taken on your cycle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Big mountain spin in the sun in god's own kindom

V3UP7bU.jpg
    RzBRf5L.jpg
    Ayn3gfD.jpg
    WIfgf5S.jpg
    IsThXO6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

BGT wrote: »
    Near Tulfarris this morning

Live around the corner, beautiful.

I set myself targets. My first was to get to Enniskerry, then I wanted to get to Roundwoof, then Glendalough etc.

My latest was to finally get to the Liam Horner memorial via the waterfall.

Anyway, I made it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Aegir wrote: »
    I set myself targets. My first was to get to Enniskerry, then I wanted to get to Roundwoof, then Glendalough etc.

My latest was to finally get to the Liam Horner memorial via the waterfall.

Anyway, I made it.

Shay Elliot memorial next so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Out local today

IMG_20180628_140659_zpsv0wwuchr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Sandymount Strand views today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

aloyisious wrote: »
    Some nice photos taken yesterday in Drury St car-park bicycle section Dublin. The track-pump has Schrader and Presta valve fittings.

Photos yes, not sure if nice is the word I'd use.

410ryaSlRYL.jpg

Maybe 8yrs is time for a new phone :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

2ikef5e.jpg

Sally Gap on Saturday

Three egg omelette in Relish at Bettystown on Saturday
    DSC_2801_zpsdxhyuf8f.jpg

The Vapour at the top of Mullaghteelin
    DSC_2807_zps4adwsyqs.jpg

IMG-20180630-WA0005_zpswgud2ijz.jpg

Borderfox wrote: »
    Three egg omelette in Relish at Bettystown on Saturday
    DSC_2801_zpsdxhyuf8f.jpg

The Vapour at the top of Mullaghteelin
    DSC_2807_zps4adwsyqs.jpg

IMG-20180630-WA0005_zpswgud2ijz.jpg

How do you find disc-braking instead of pads on your bike? I've just re-started on a road-bike with pads after some years. I've been using using a disc-brake Diamondback M/B for years, am used to the instant braking now but not sure how they would seem like on a road-bike.

• Advertisement

Love it especially in the wet but on day to day it works great even with only mechanical bb7 calipers.

Borderfox wrote: »
    Love it especially in the wet but on day to day it works great even with only mechanical bb7 calipers.

Front and Rear lug-pairs needed on dropout and forks along with discs on hubs. Will need to visit shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Perfect day Saturday up Mahon falls

2018-06-30_14.11.19.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

A few shots from the Hospice Cycle Challenge in Croatia, Slovenia and Italy last week. Not great weather (!) but at least it was cool and the scenery made up for the rain. Over €200k raised for the Nurses for Night Care Service.

27y0huw.jpg

dg0043.jpg

1182l2w.jpg

2d19r3s.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭g0g

g0g wrote: »
    Ok so granted it's no match for the Stelvio and most other posts before me, but it was a glorious morning today and my first spin on a brand new bike so I grabbed a pic! Can't imagine a better day for its first outting!
    iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I think you forgot something ;)

IMG_20180624_090729.jpg
    2 weeks later! :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I like heading this way:

454770.jpg

Not too enamoured by the return journey though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Beasty wrote: »
    I like heading this way:

454770.jpg

Not too enamoured by the return journey though....

Up the road from Benone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

LIpyf2Gl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Pretty much a live one

• Advertisement

Featherbeds looking very burnt last night. Lots of small areas still smoldering.

455088.jpg
    455087.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkz0Oscnmgb/
    Midway up the Snake Pass looking down on Manchester

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk1f7wsHdwM/
    Ladybower Reservoir

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk2caWanySM/
    At the top of the hill between Bacup and Todmorden

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk3EGPqHtIE/
    Blackstone Edge Reservoir

Was that England or Spain!? Just stunning scenery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

On the canal on the way home yesterday evening.

3tyumwWRtmEQhXlsXaXK3PpdteBkHgjYeYZvlSd_-tkDXV1SKdiVSyrq7zVrg7OlWVDC0-5KHn84p41VJtbcnSJjoLocLmWx9qXk5PNFlKXatV-_iAgIgr_eMR3L8wKyLzDa3gcbYVdTbTUbE7Bm826jOgWSwfI7fD7Yl32TrAmmcMNZ3S8zb2c3CX96lmBWl3Oc7SKhMLxOz6AbtOkoZSMheT3-g_ad8GCwDl09sNXO3_kTcLAXwNd7DrO-1_7Ur4u4YpdkoD9D1Lz3XvcZiWUBtvjuCTAd9P9cAAG_lXjYvzq1QHHW0dfsSg6I3u2WorWE77QWmEILJWiIk4Qj3gZSmFzi_M8GFGSiNChOmeujIJk7B36OVrbb5gAJZpUQK6BXVy08o0kKTGwMCt3KJrEBctVNcIHzL3vAlK_KRn_EucJJ4vp-CBfTSL6dX-uzhf61-0M7M59WncA2dopxsp5Uk8hfOBN7Sw6HQpZCGAUVbxSG6nBL6F7rMW-Wnl7sAzGY0nxawenMHOtZD2DeJn89ZbK2LVfG1oQpHmVOcn4BrCy5F82IrbV2QXQpln0tnjydnhd5PmS83Ga8U67J9pDnDNkog8MutNKLClxdVSmCtE-thAZUNkdsVyNIg2xR-g7AD9Ta1O_ry3684QjABN8YqKUlzeA6CA=w2452-h1380-no

(Photo enhanced by Google)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

buffalo wrote: »

(Photo enhanced by Google)
    Usually when an app does something I didnt ask it to do like that I have the strong urge to smash the phone off the nearest wall but I absolutely love the way Google sends you an enhanced version of random images sometimes, I dont think its ever sent me a badly done one. Love the way it turns a series of shots into a panorama without being asked aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Qrt

Norgaardholz, Schleswig-Holstein. 'Tis a pretty spot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Thargor wrote: »
    Usually when an app does something I didnt ask it to do like that I have the strong urge to smash the phone off the nearest wall but I absolutely love the way Google sends you an enhanced version of random images sometimes, I dont think its ever sent me a badly done one. Love the way it turns a series of shots into a panorama without being asked aswell.
    i've never seen this - does it only do it if you've configured automatic online backup of your photos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭nilhg

24hr TTs are hungry work

456553.jpg

even at that I didn't manage it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

41779873180_2cf4be1ac1_c.jpg

28700157737_910256de64_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fantastic fuppin day out there today

KgjwEKMh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Bit of everything today, wind+sun+drops-of-rain !
    43660356681_bcda86942e_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Raymzor

Only in France does the bin man use a horse! There’s also a flashing beacon on the cart!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Mosney!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Mosney!

Great photo.
    Nicely ironic

I've been meaning to head out that way actually,whats the state of the road you can take from mosney there back to laytown and cross the bridge like?

Would be a nice 35km loop from town heading out the r132 and and back along the coast/river on the r150/151 based on my google maps measurements

We'd actually just turned in off the old R132 for a nose heading from Drogheda towards Balbriggan

Hellfire club yesterday evening

457693.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Wicklow Gap yesterday afternoon

457697.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I've been meaning to head out that way actually,whats the state of the road you can take from mosney there back to laytown and cross the bridge like?

Would be a nice 35km loop from town heading out the r132 and and back along the coast/river on the r150/151 based on my google maps measurements

I did a spin the other day. Out the R108(Beamore Road) to Cooperhill from Drogheda, straight across the R150(Duleek-Julianstown road) go up by Dardistown house, turn left just after you go over the M1, then next left, which brings you onto the R132(old N1) turn right, then left down by Murphy's quarry. This will bring you the back road to Mosney, then continue onto foot bridge, that brings you to Laytown, home by coast road. Just over 30kms for me( I live on South side) Roads are quiet and in reasonable condition.
    This route means, you avoid, for the most part, the R132.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

g1MK1K4l.jpg

Climb I hadn't tried up the Hellfire today at lunch. Got about half way, stalled and walk of shame ensued. I'll be back...

458371.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭f1000

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    g1MK1K4l.jpg

Wow, that looks like a scene straight out of the game 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've been meaning to head out that way actually,whats the state of the road you can take from mosney there back to laytown and cross the bridge like?..
    It's fine - relatively quiet rural road with a fairly good surface with a bit of loose gravel in places. It's particularly quiet towards the Laytown bridge end as it becomes a Cul de Sac for motor vehicles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

f1000 wrote: »
    Wow, that looks like a scene straight out of the game 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl'

Sunrise on the Slieverue roundabout

Edit: the Luffany Roundabout, next one up

Best thing on display in IMMA today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I was glad to see this sign on the Waterford Greenway on the way into Dungarvan.

20180810_152531.jpg

Fabulous greenway and such an asset to Waterford.
    I stopped at Mount Congreve gardens for coffee and chocolate cake. It is a lovely spot to stop at with a little hedged road entrance, indoor/outdoor seating, outdoor icecream fridge etc.

20180810_112651.jpg

There is something for everyone on it with the kids' train outside of Waterford, the beautiful aqueducts (can't see them at their best angle on it) and the great places to stop for food.
    The tunnel is a little gem.
    Massive tourism potential with Rosslare down the road. I did it on a Friday and it was busy enough.

20180810_142813.jpg
    20180810_132324.jpg
    20180810_105531.jpg

I was glad to see this sign on the Waterford Greenway on the way into Dungarvan.

20180810_152531.jpg

Fabulous greenway and such an asset to Waterford.
    I stopped at Mount Congreve gardens for coffee and chocolate cake. It is a lovely spot to stop at with a little hedged road entrance, indoor/outdoor seating, outdoor icecream fridge etc.

20180810_112651.jpg

There is something for everyone on it with the kids' train outside of Waterford, the beautiful aqueducts (can't see them at their best angle on it) and the great places to stop for food.
    The tunnel is a little gem.
    Massive tourism potential with Rosslare down the road. I did it on a Friday and it was busy enough.

20180810_142813.jpg
    20180810_132324.jpg
    20180810_105531.jpg

Seriously-speaking, how did you find the WG-way. A nephew told me that it was rubbish, with loose gravel on the track and partly public road.

Seriously-speaking, how did you find the WG-way. A nephew told me that it was rubbish, with loose gravel on the track and partly public road.

It's fantastic, in the main the surface is excellent, it is a little loose in places and there are some crossings but it's not shared with vehicular traffic. Your nephew must have been somewhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Depends on what your expectations are.
    I found it excellent.
    I have to say having not been in the south east before the landscape down there is beautiful, rolling hills, tillage, pasture and some hardwood trees. Not too much sitka spruce in sight.

Down in Glendalough a few weeks ago
    DSC_3065_zpsgxodrcmi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

Photos taken over a couple of visits to lough Glannafreaghaun (Shrone lake) recently.
    Beautiful spot Northwest of Ballyvourney.
    309jxhw.jpg
    rqww83.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭patrickc

The car park at 9 stones Mount leinster, my first spin over it

2cxb992.jpg

Advertisement