Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Does anyone who has drawn down know- one of the requirements is to show the balance of the funds in your account, we are using the help to buy scheme we dont have this in our account, is it enough to show the balance and then the print off of the help to buy amount

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Lee3b

Hi I'm back after all the information thank you . So I put all my documents into the council 2 days ago and my stomach has been sick ever since ... I'm terrified . There are new builds going up in our area and we are hoping for one of them... absolutely petrified

Also it stated in our letter of offer that we will be liable for councils legal fees, does anyone have ball park figure of what this will cost or when it has to be paid

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Does anyone who has drawn down know- one of the requirements is to show the balance of the funds in your account, we are using the help to buy scheme we dont have this in our account, is it enough to show the balance and then the print off of the help to buy amount

Show the balance to who? The drawdown goes to your solicitor who pass on the funds once completed to sellers solicitor.

SNNUS wrote: »
    Show the balance to who? The drawdown goes to your solicitor who pass on the funds once completed to sellers solicitor.

On our letter of approval in principal it asks for the documentation to show the full amount of the balance of remaining funds in our accounts, to the council

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭redmond08

So after nearly 16 weeks I finally got word back on Friday and we got approved the €288000. I'm so delighted, me and my partner have a booking deposit on a new house already, but it won't be ready till late December. Just waiting for the letter in the post, so what's the next stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Laney835

How long did you wait to hear an answer of if you received the loan after the application went back to your county council. Our Coco received our application back from underwriters a week ago.... How much longer before i hear anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SNNUS

redmond08 wrote: »
    So after nearly 16 weeks I finally got word back on Friday and we got approved the €288000. I'm so delighted, me and my partner have a booking deposit on a new house already, but it won't be ready till late December. Just waiting for the letter in the post, so what's the next stage?

Finally ! Congratulations , they made you sweat it!

Next stage is the approval letter , you accept that in writing. Give them the details of the house you have the deposit on and advise them of your solicitor.

You then get draft loan documents sent to you and they will be sent to your solicitor one month later. You have lots of time with your house so none of this will delay you.

Sort out your Help to buy application with revenue and start shopping for bits and bobs!

Drawdown the funds before the 6 months expire but should not be an issue.

Ask if you can get your own MPI in place and house insurance closer to the time 😊

Finally ! Congratulations , they made you sweat it!

Next stage is the approval letter , you accept that in writing. Give them the details of the house you have the deposit on and advise them of your solicitor.

You then get draft loan documents sent to you and they will be sent to your solicitor one month later. You have lots of time with your house so none of this will delay you.

Sort out your Help to buy application with revenue and start shopping for bits and bobs!

Drawdown the funds before the 6 months expire but should not be an issue.

Ask if you can get your own MPI in place and house insurance closer to the time 😊

Yeah I have my code ready for my HTB. So when I get the letter for my approval, I upload that and signed contracts to revenue.ie, or is another letter the council send out that I upload?

• Advertisement

Laney835 wrote: »
    How long did you wait to hear an answer of if you received the loan after the application went back to your county council. Our Coco received our application back from underwriters a week ago.... How much longer before i hear anything else?

We rang on Friday morning and he said that he had a meeting with the credit committee about our application that morning and would ring us in the evening. 4 hours later he rang us and said we got approved. If you reach the credit committee then that's a very good sign that the underwriters/housing agency were happy with your application!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I did not have to provide any updated payslips etc..

I had to give updated bank statements, no payslips though.

Also it stated in our letter of offer that we will be liable for councils legal fees, does anyone have ball park figure of what this will cost or when it has to be paid

Based on the bill I got, the fee is in two parts -
    1) Registry fees totalling €780 (these are set and would have to be paid even if your solicitor was doing them).
    2) Professional fees - I was billed ~€680 (could be different depending on the solicitor though).

It would likely have to paid before drawdown (I haven't reached that yet and I am disputing the fees).

Based on the bill I got, the fee is in two parts -
    1) Registry fees totalling €780 (these are set and would have to be paid even if your solicitor was doing them).
    2) Professional fees - I was billed ~€680 (could be different depending on the solicitor though).

It would likely have to paid before drawdown (I haven't reached that yet and I am disputing the fees).

Can you let us know how you get on please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭djan

Has anybody been able to get their own MPI on this scheme? The quoted 10% of monthly repayments isn't ideal...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LK1988

Just wondering has anybody been rejected after the credit commitee?

My application seems to have passed underwriters and housing agency to get to credit commitee but if they have approved what does the credit committee do?

• Advertisement

Can you let us know how you get on please

Will do, but that sale fell through and I'm currently only a week sale agreed on another property so it might be a while before I hear anything back.

LK1988 wrote: »

My application seems to have passed underwriters and housing agency to get to credit commitee but if they have approved what does the credit committee do?

The underwriters/housing agency give their recommendations and then it's the council's credit committee who give the final say. But if it's got to the credit committee then that's very positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Cocobean1

Do you mind if ask if you got a letter telling you it had gone to the credit committee or did you ring and ask? I haven't heard anything yet my application went in 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LK1988

Cocobean1 wrote: »
    Do you mind if ask if you got a letter telling you it had gone to the credit committee or did you ring and ask? I haven't heard anything yet my application went in 3 weeks ago.

I pretty much have SDCC on speed diall at this stage. I called and they told me it was with the credit commitee.

I pretty much have SDCC on speed diall at this stage. I called and they told me it was with the credit commitee.

Thanks. I might give them a ring tomorrow just to see if there's any progress, no harm I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭raheny red

ladam wrote: »
    So have most people who have got approved had to show updated statements and/or payslips?
    Our situation has changed since we applied so we will be rightly fecked if that's the case! I hate this ****ein country ��

Dublin City's approval letter said we will have to provide updated statements, can't remember if payslips was mentioned. Fingal's didn't mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 zamzam1983

Hi I’m just wondering how many months bank statements you had to give when applying for this loan? Many thanks

They look for twelve months and 12 months savings also best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Anyone help me out, just wondering how are people doing the 2 bank refusals, I read people are doing it online but which banks online, we went to a bank last week but they said we have to make a full application before they issue us with a letter of what we would be approved or refused for?

Thanks in advance

Bank of Ireland do it over the phone and aid also but u need to send documents to them and they take about a week to get the letter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

bri007 wrote:
    Anyone help me out, just wondering how are people doing the 2 bank refusals, I read people are doing it online but which banks online, we went to a bank last week but they said we have to make a full application before they issue us with a letter of what we would be approved or refused for?

bri007 wrote:
    Thanks in advance

AIB was the easiest I found , approval in principal letter provided without having to speak to someone ha

Did you just do the application online and then send in salary certs, pay slips etc?
    AIB was the easiest I found , approval in principal letter provided without having to speak to someone ha

bri007 wrote: »
    Did you just do the application online and then send in salary certs, pay slips etc?

Just did the application , and letter was provided straight away to download , I never sent them a thing

They told me it would be that easy if i was a member with them it still only tool a week where as I was a with boi and had my letter within the day .. Do u mind me asking mine is gone off to be assessed but I'm afraid the letters are too vague

Lee3b wrote: »
    They told me it would be that easy if i was a member with them it still only tool a week where as I was a with boi and had my letter within the day .. Do u mind me asking mine is gone off to be assessed but I'm afraid the letters are too vague

https://aib.ie/our-products/mortgages

Use this link, answer a few questions, you'll get AIP and you can print the letter

• Advertisement

Quick question, do you have to go into the revenue office to get the form HPL1 form stamped by the revenue commissioner or can I post it in and they send it back to me?

No you send it to them and they post it back to you very quick service

Hey can anyone tell me what percentage of overtime the loan takes into consideration hoping it will bump us up a bit and how much they take out for each child as I have two

Thanks Lee3b, so i fill out the top half myself , name address and pps details and then they fill in the rest and post back?

Lee3b wrote: »
    No you send it to them and they post it back to you very quick service

Yes that is exactly it they will stamp and sign it and send it straight back

Thanks Lee3b, so i fill out the top half myself , name address and pps details and then they fill in the rest and post back?

You can send it as an attachment through "my enquiries" on the online service, comes back very quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

I will be applying for a mortgage under this scheme as the sole applicant, as my wife has gone self employed and her previous PAYE income won't be taken into account. I assume I can still use our joint account bank statements as proof of funds even though she puts funds into the account from her savings in Australia now and again.

Also, I was going to apply to Fingal Co Co but realistically we are looking towards Swords or the Greater Dublin area which would be outside their jurisdiction. What is the protocol here? Can I not look for houses in 2 different areas if applying to a particular council?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭surrender monkey

Generally a married couple are required to purchase a family home jointly so not sure your plan will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Generally a married couple are required to purchase a family home jointly so not sure your plan will work.

Well I explained the situation to Fingal Co Co and they said my wife's income couldn't be taken into account but that I could apply as the sole applicant. There's an option to apply for a 1 income joint application

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭surrender monkey

Strange, banks usually require a married couple purchasing a family home to both be on title. In any event you can do a voluntary transfer when you complete the sale. Ask your solicitor about doing this. Then you will both be registered owners!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Diddlersdoyle

My daughter has gone through the entire process and got her keys of her new home two weeks ago. She started the application as soon as the scheme was announced. I think she was one of the first to draw down the funds with DCC. HANG IN THERE. ITS A TEDIOUS AND SLOW PROCESS BUT WORTH IT IN THE END.

We don’t meet the employment criteria to apply as a couple and both incomes taken into account, however the coco said we can apply as a couple and tick one income on application.

Not sure how to go about it now but will look into it, so maybe be similar to what they said to you and your wife?

Obviously would limit us to what we would get approved for just taking into consideration one income and not two.

Only option we have currently so will give it a try, we will have to read it as it doesn’t state how to fill it out on one income just has options of working or not working so unsure what to put in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭VW08

Has anyone on here used it to build? We’re you able to do everything with the time constraints?

I was told yesterday that I’d have 3 months to draw down the first instalment. Seems very tight to me. Then 6 months to get engineers documents etc in. If you didn’t get all this done in time they’d request up to date bank statements etc.

VW08 wrote: »
    Has anyone on here used it to build? We’re you able to do everything with the time constraints?

I was told yesterday that I’d have 3 months to draw down the first instalment. Seems very tight to me. Then 6 months to get engineers documents etc in. If you didn’t get all this done in time they’d request up to date bank statements etc.
    We are hoping to get it to build, is there timeframes on each stage or just the first? Are you going contractor or direct labour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭metricspaces

Got my response back yesterday after 10 weeks. Declined! Two reasons were given:
    • Not showing repayment capacity
    • Not showing source of savings

At a high level this scheme is a bit of a joke and a lottery it seems. For two banks two offer me mortgages in two to three week time frames (and with stricter criteria as they stress test your repayment capacity) and the Council spend ten weeks fannying about and offer nothing. Something is clearly wrong.

Few questions if anyone can help with:

1) Appealing Decision

To appeal the decision is it basically going through the same process again and waiting another 10 weeks? Or if there was a mistake made by the Council could it be looked into quicker?

2) Is it unusual to get an outright refusal with not even an offer for a lower amount?

When submitting the application the person I met in Fingal CC told me to put in the max amount allowed by their calculator. She worked it out. She said there was no harm putting in the max and they would still offer a lower amount.

My application included approval in principle letters from two banks. So it's mind boggling that the Council would give a blank refusal and not offer even a lower amount than I requested.

3) For anyone who got refused on showing source of savings. How did you deal with this in an appeal?

My submission included bank statements going back as far as my SSIA (Government Savings Scheme) which is over 10 years ago! All my savings have been accounted for. The lady who helped with my submission in Fingal was happy with it too. This makes me wonder if the underwriters/credit committee got all the documentation I submitted or that there has been some cock up along the line.

It is the same with displaying ability to repay. I included 12 months savings and rent statements that cover more than the amount I would need to repay.

It's not like the Council stress test your repayment capacity like a bank as the Government mortgage provides a guaranteed interest rate so the repayment amount will never change.

4) After a refusal. Did anyone meet face to face with the Council for a more detailed explanation of why they were refused and how the situation can be resolved to the satisfaction of the Council?

From my perspective my submission included documentation that displayed both repayment capacity and source of savings. Without further details from Council I'm snookered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭VW08

We are hoping to get it to build, is there timeframes on each stage or just the first? Are you going contractor or direct labour

I'm with a contractor. I think once the first drawdown happens your covered. But there are forms from the engineer etc that they need. Don't know all the in's and out's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Anyone know of the two tougest banks to get mortgages for? I'd like to get rejected. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I applied in first week of March and received approval end of June

Have 200k but finding it next to impossible to find somewhere in fingal for that price for a 2 bed

Congrats on getting passed.

Did you try around swords? Realistically it will be tough to get a house for that price but swords would be only place that may have apartments duplex available for 200’s but you may have to put a lot more towards it than current 20k deposit!

Just in your application, was it a single or joint application?
    I applied in first week of March and received approval end of June

Have 200k but finding it next to impossible to find somewhere in fingal for that price for a 2 bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Congrats on getting passed.

Did you try around swords? Realistically it will be tough to get a house for that price but swords would be only place that may have apartments duplex available for 200’s but you may have to put a lot more towards it than current 20k deposit!

Just in your application, was it a single or joint application?

Thanks, single application and lone parent too ,

Yes, swords seem to be as expensive for the apartments too

It’s unfortunate as apartment prices in fingal for 2 beds were around 160k this time last year, just goes to show how fast it goes

I think the rebuilding Ireland loans contributed to this too

Effectively in the same position now as I was last year with the lower mortgage approvals from banks and building societies

Can’t afford to rent anymore and can’t afford to buy

Unbelievable really

• Advertisement
Advertisement