Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Thanks, Worked this time. No websites would work only Google earlier. Was on Mexican Netflix before. Just got virtual card from revolut and signed up to Turkish Netflix. Happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

so do I cancel my mexico, then wait until the month is up and the following day, log into my account using a vpn for turkey and sign back up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

TheDriver wrote: »
    so do I cancel my mexico, then wait until the month is up and the following day, log into my account using a vpn for turkey and sign back up?

Yep. It doesn't even have to be the following day. You could have moved to Turkey in the middle of your monthly subscription.

I used another email similar to mine with few extra letters to use for log in. Getting free month now in Turkey too. My sub for Mexican Netflix due tomorrow. Wondering if we need to delete and re download Netflix app though?

jkbah wrote: »
    I used another email similar to mine with few extra letters to use for log in. Getting free month now in Turkey too. My sub for Mexican Netflix due tomorrow. Wondering if we need to delete and re download Netflix app though?

No, app is just used for logging in.
    Subscription is just priced differently depending on where in the world you are when you are signing up for it or renewing. So if yours expires when you are in Turkey on holidays, then you can sign up.
    Anyone can sign in using app.

Suckit wrote: »
    Yep. It doesn't even have to be the following day. You could have moved to Turkey in the middle of your monthly subscription.

So if i cancel my mexico sub now and then go to sign up within the same account using turkey VPN, it is automatically charge at the start of next month? Sounds a bit too good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Ginger83

No we've been doing it with netflix here too.

Obviously I have an account already, and the lads have ask paid upfront for it, but I've a pal who wants a space so I'm keeping an eye out for him.

Currently the Argentine netflix or Turkish one is working out at roughly 7€ per month for the same deal.

7 x 12 = 84 ÷ 4 = 22€ for a full years netflix?

Great deal, so if anyone wants to get another family up and running - put my name in the hat, I'll square you up straight away. :)

Count me in for a profile also.

So if i cancel my mexico sub now and then go to sign up within the same account using turkey VPN, it is automatically charge at the start of next month? Sounds a bit too good
    I haven't tried signing up in the middle of a subscription. I usually wait until the sub (month has ended) - I am on Argentina since I think April, so I haven't switched in a bit, but once it has expired, then you can sign up in the new Country.

- I would let it expire first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,628 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Suckit wrote: »
    I haven't tried signing up in the middle of a subscription. I usually wait until the sub (month has ended) - I am on Argentina since I think April, so I haven't switched in a bit, but once it has expired, then you can sign up in the new Country.

- I would let it expire first.

I agree let it expire first, no rush signing up anyway once you have a valid sub

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

Ive cancelled mine and it says 2nd is last day for streaming. Is it Irish time it goes by i.e. at 1am tonight will it be expired and am I free to sign up again or is it US time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Ive cancelled mine and it says 2nd is last day for streaming. Is it Irish time it goes by i.e. at 1am tonight will it be expired and am I free to sign up again or is it US time?
    That's not really a reasonable question in my opinion. No way anyone not on the inside can know the minutiae of Netflix's billing system. Just it until the following day and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Could you not just wait 24 hours?

Could you not just wait 24 hours?

I could but the withdrawal symptoms in house would do my head in. When it stops working will tell all

I think it is midnight of the Country you are signed up for.
    But I am not 100% it is.

It may have the information of it here:
    https://www.netflix.com/BillingActivity

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Would you need a Revolut or N26 a/c to make payment or would Irish card work?

• Advertisement

Any card works

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

My membership ran out yesterday and used Hola to sign up on the Turkish site.

4.77 taken off my Revolut card for the 2 screen plan. Great tips lads, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Skelet0n wrote: »
    My membership ran out yesterday and used Hola to sign up on the Turkish site.

4.77 taken off my Revolut card for the 2 screen plan. Great tips lads, cheers.
    Mine is up over the weekend. Is it a free trial of Hola you used?

I presume you don't need to use any VPN or anything different to watch once you're signed up?

Ii'll try Getflix (from another thread) once I renew with the Turkish site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

Wheety wrote: »

I presume you don't need to use any VPN or anything different to watch once you're signed up?

think is free and dont need a trial?

I just used the Hola Chrome extension, didn't pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Couple of questions guys before I bite the bullet

Is the content different on the Turkish version compared to the Irish one?

Is it worth paying the extra to get the UHD 4 screen plan??

Did you read any of the previous pages?

Skelet0n wrote: »
    I just used the Hola Chrome extension, didn't pay for it.

Ah yes. I actually used to have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Yes sorry for my late reply just read through the previous 839 posts.

;)

Any card works

Any card will work but you will incur an FX fee of a couple of euros on a card from most Irish banks that can invalidate the savings.

If you have Revolut, use it to avoid the fees and get a better rate.

No need for sarcasm, all your q are answered on this thread.
    You get content of the country you are watching it in.
    4 screen plan is worth it if you want 4 screens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭cletus

4 screen plan is worth it if you want 4 screens.

Or if you have a 4k TV. Planet Earth II in 4k is stunning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Stupify

So is Turkey the cheapest for the 4 screen plan,? 40 lira is just under 7 euro, seems pretty cheap.

Stupify wrote: »
    So is Turkey the cheapest for the 4 screen plan,? 40 lira is just under 7 euro, seems pretty cheap.

Link to the spreadsheet on post 814

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Stupify

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Link to the spreadsheet on post 814

Thanks OmegaGene

• Advertisement

FYI it expired Mexico midnight. Anyways, turned on turkey vpn, logged into Netflix and price plans all as expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Stupify wrote:

Yes...i am planning to subscribe thru turkey..can anyone confirm if i use revolut money will be taken automatically monthly ?

Yes...i am planning to subscribe thru turkey..can anyone confirm if i use revolut money will be taken automatically monthly ?

As long as there's money on the card, it'll be taken automatically

I installed Hola as an extension, have it disabled at the moment. Think my subscription is up tomorrow so will enable it to sign up for the Turkish one and then delete it. Don't like how the free VPNs mostly use your IP for others.

Netflix are probably working on something to stop this happening. I'm sure they know about it.

I installed Hola as an extension, have it disabled at the moment. Think my subscription is up tomorrow so will enable it to sign up for the Turkish one and then delete it. Don't like how the free VPNs mostly use your IP for others.

Netflix are probably working on something to stop this happening. I'm sure they know about it.

How can they stop it in reality? Go into your workplace, tell everyone about how they can get netflix for half the price and I guarantee that you'd be lucky to find 0.1% who would bother.

How can they stop it in reality? Go into your workplace, tell everyone about how they can get netflix for half the price and I guarantee that you'd be lucky to find 0.1% who would bother.

Agreed, most people I know can’t be arsed and pay full whack and pay for sky full package too

They could pretty easily stick something in their T&Cs that, say, 75% of your consumption comes from the billing country.

If they really wanted to stop it, they could.

They just couldn't be arsed. I'd not bother paying if it was full whack, it's only worth the few euro to me.
    On a side point, I got prime last week and prime video isn't a patch on Netflix. Even usability is crap and taunting you with extras that u must pay for.

Prime doesn't have the content of Netflix but there's absolutely no way you can say it's usability is inferior. The UI is far superior, especially when combined with Alexa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Stupify wrote: »

Turkey via Hola, very happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,703 ✭✭✭corks finest

U get normal content

I set up a new virtual card in Revolut and will use that to pay for it. I will set up a monthly limit of around €6 on that card so there can't be any funny business with it. The Turkish 2 screen option is less than a fiver a month.

I set up a new virtual card in Revolut and will use that to pay for it. I will set up a monthly limit of around €6 on that card so there can't be any funny business with it. The Turkish 2 screen option is less than a fiver a month.

I wouldn't bother setting the limit, I've been using it for maybe 2 years now, no issues. Plus, if you're like me, its handy for buying random crap on eBay or any of the many Chinese sites :D

cletus wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother setting the limit, I've been using it for maybe 2 years now, no issues. Plus, if you're like me, its handy for buying random crap on eBay or any of the many Chinese sites :D

I'll just use it for Netflix only. Have other Revolut cards.

What funny business could there be
    I’ve been using Revolut for ages without any issues

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    What funny business could there be
    I’ve been using Revolut for ages without any issues

I've had it a long time too. No issues at all with Revolut.

Hola might not be as secure though and I'll be inputting my details through that.

It's one of the benefits of Revolut. You can have several virtual cards.

Plus it's a different card number for getting the free month again. If bothered you could keep getting the free month.

Signed up on the Turkish one just now. Used a different email address and credit card so starting again. No recommendations based on what I've watched but I don't usually find something that way anyway.

It possibly would have been fine using the same account details.

I'm on the 2 screen plan as I don't have a 4k tv and it's just me and the wife anyway. On current rates it's around €4.50 but have a free month now.

Was contemplating the 1 screen plan which was only around €2.50 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Lads does turkey support 5 devices ?

. Can get family plan with 5 accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

The Turkish currency has taken a nosedive apparently.will this make it cheaper or dearer for those of us who live :);) and watch Netflix in Turkey?

• Advertisement
Advertisement