Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

• 26-11-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭

Please use this thread for the bulk of conversation about the snow and short term forecasts, radar watching, satellite watching etc....

While using this one for more detailed Synoptic Forecast Discussion.

Thanks, here's to white few days :D:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Personally I would have gone with the title "Snow to make life hell!" with a icon4.gif for a new thread but meh...:)

I passed 6,000 posts! :D

Please use this thread for the bulk of conversation about the snow and short term forecasts, radar watching, satellite watching etc....

While using this one for more detailed Synoptic Forecast Discussion.

Thanks, here's to white few days :D:D

lamp post watching ???? :p:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Great success heavy snow in claregalway just stopped now, :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Snowing & snow lying immediately. Is well cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

:)snowing here too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Finally started to settle in Galway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Nothing here for two hours now, no showers due any time soon looking at raintoday either. The temperature's risen and the snow from earlier is melting.

Think we've had our (brief) fun here already for tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

sillybird wrote: »
    Finally started to settle in Galway :D

Nice! Enjoy.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Oranmore a while ago

DSC_3959%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Great pics and reports so far tonight lads. :D Well done, and dont forget to get outside and enjoy it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

met.ie radar shows very heavy showers coming to galway region soon, this is ace

Great pics and reports so far tonight lads. :D Well done, and dont forget to get outside and enjoy it!

If only I had someone to play with me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Heavy snow, huge flakes , sticking and at this rate will have a good few inches by morning (yes, none of this metric nonsense:D) have supplies for a week or so, so here we go again!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

nooooooooooooooo i want snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Nothing to report from Offaly Westmeath border. Distinct lack of midlands people on here tonight, but it's a clear cold night here and i do not expect anything sadly.Hopefully I am wrong, we might get a stray shower from somewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eireanbo

snowing in longford...:)(well very lightly but early days)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

need some in Celbridge im sending over a SAE . please post back:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Had a very wet sleety shower a while ago, but mostly rain. Stopped now, but looking at radar, looks like Dingle peninsula especially Brandon Mt are getting plastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Nothing to report from Offaly Westmeath border. Distinct lack of midlands people on here tonight, but it's a clear cold night here and i do not expect anything sadly.Hopefully I am wrong, we might get a stray shower from somewhere....

Im on the Kildare-Offaly border and its bitter out but no snow either:(. I don't think we'll be getting any tonight, maybe tomorrow though hopefully if were lucky enough.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Looks like there will be plenty of snow about , are the shower that are currently over Glasgow supposed to hit us , because that is the track they are currently taking .:D

136606.jpg

DE , i think your in Tuam , there looks to be plenty more on the way for that neck of the woods !

136609.jpg

RED= SNOW
    WHITE = SLEET

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Snowing lightly in Athlone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

fire on,

rugby on tv

and snow in galway YESSSS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭dacogawa

That M2 buoy past howth has dropped to 0.1c, thats good snow news for Dublin, right ?

http://met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

dacogawa wrote: »
    That M2 buoy past howth has dropped to 0.1c, thats good snow news for Dublin, right ?

http://met.ie/latest/buoy.asp
    Very , I think DM2 said one it got under the degree would could be in business as its a lot colder in land at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Carlow Town, it's freezing out. Frost on the car already. Not a dickybird of a bit of snow. Clear sky so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

why did the car with the snow on it not say "boards" on it???

Its -.5c here at the moment, cars froze over about 2 hours but the skys are clear., its bloody freezing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

PISTOLPETES 11 can you give me the link to that chart you posted when i go into will it rain today i only get the orangy one cant find where the red etc is

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Bitter here in the fada..... a touch of sneachta cant be too far off.

Temp 1.2, dp-.9 , windchill -2.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Was on the motorway between Galway and Athenry just there. Very heavy snow. Hard to see, flakes were huge.

Traffic at a crawl at 30 mph. Right hand lane completely white and still lunatics bombing past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Delighted :rolleyes: to report the massive snow shield over Waterford is working a treat........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Solyad wrote: »
    Was on the motorway between Galway and Athenry just there. Very heavy snow. Hard to see, flakes were huge.

Traffic at a crawl at 30 mph. Right hand lane completely white and still lunatics bombing past.
    That'll be me in 3 hours, hope it's not freezing over by then thoughfrown.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

Anyone else catch some sheet lightning out in the Irish Sea in the last 30 mins?? Was just out for a short run here in Swords and saw two flashes - first one caught me blinking and scared the bejeezus out of me (didn't know wtf), but the second I was running right toward. Lit up about big chunk of the sky a kind of mustard yellow to the northeast for maybe half a second.

The bizarre thing is there's no cloud over there - stars were clearly visible (just under Auriga if you're curious :D). It was low down though so probably a good bit out. Anyone else see this or was the cold playing tricks with my noggin? Looks from the rainfall chart just posted that there's something out there alright.

whitemocha wrote: »
    PISTOLPETES 11 can you give me the link to that chart you posted when i go into will it rain today i only get the orangy one cant find where the red etc is

thanks

You have to pay for that one

Hail shower here just now that only lasted about a minute. Really wish it'd make up its mind already, I'm sick of these 5 minute showers then an hour of nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

No show here, its been snowing lightly past hour and its stopped sticking ,roads are very wet now.
    Hopefully there will be something to report by the morning.
    What about the heavy snow in galway, have we had any measurments? what are we talking here, an inch or more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

bring that snow to dublin now LOL its baltic out my car is frozen over since 7pm this eve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

mfdc wrote: »
    Anyone else catch some sheet lightning out in the Irish Sea in the last 30 mins?? Was just out for a short run here in Swords and saw two flashes - first one caught me blinking and scared the bejeezus out of me (didn't know wtf), but the second I was running right toward. Lit up about big chunk of the sky a kind of mustard yellow to the northeast for maybe half a second.

The bizarre thing is there's no cloud over there - stars were clearly visible (just under Auriga if you're curious :D). It was low down though so probably a good bit out. Anyone else see this or was the cold playing tricks with my noggin? Looks from the rainfall chart just posted that there's something out there alright.

bring it on going to look out window now to see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Forget your ECMs and GFSs, the key forecast is just out:=

Brian Lenihan has categorically ruled out snow this weekend

Pangea wrote: »
    No show here, its been snowing lightly past hour and its stopped sticking ,roads are very wet now.
    Hopefully there will be something to report by the morning.
    What about the heavy snow in galway, have we had any measurments? what are we talking here, an inch or more?

Just slightly over an inch here. Stopped snowing for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭thomasj

Forget your ECMs and GFSs, the key forecast is just out:=

Brian Lenihan has categorically ruled out snow this weekend

Whiteout it is so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Quick technical question:

What do you call that white powdery ball bearing stuff thats not quite hail and not quite snow? Just got a nice covering of it from a shower in Roscommon here....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

mfdc wrote: »

yeah I caught this too. Saw it from my house actually. Thought I was going a little mad also

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Neddyusa wrote: »

What do you call that white powdery ball bearing stuff thats not quite hail and not quite snow? Just got a nice covering of it from a shower in Roscommon here....

Graupel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Neddyusa wrote: »

Graupel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Delighted :rolleyes: to report the massive snow shield over Waterford is working a treat........

I'm workin' on bringin' it down boy! Just gettin' a coupl'a me butties from Ballybeg an' Lisduggan ta help me boy!

Finally a good shower here, first one since around 6. Its still only a dusting but everythings all white again and it seems to be sticking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's still letting down fairly heavily in Tuam...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,958 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

light snow here from time to time, everything is sticking at this stage. it's really bitter out there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'm happy to report about 15 cm of snow ....

...stacked on the windscreen of my car from the wipers upwards :D

Elsewhere it doesn't even amount to a dusting yet.

(Sligo, btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,958 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Click here!

, irishdub14, j1979p, plein de force, Ludo, DaveM80, kn2k10, hotwhiskey, AndyP, whitemocha, rpmcs, jambofc, Squeaksoutloud, isle of man, FunkSoulSista, okla, Elliejo, W23, john hanrahan, ltdslipdiff, dbyrne, Weathercheck, cAr0l, Deep Easterly, mountainy man, ellieh1, redsunset, almat1981, sunbabe08, claytonie, Saganist, delw, Takca, Batesy, t|nt|n, anoble66, lynp27, mars bar, eireanbo, rainyrun, Mountainsandh, chinchin, BigBrownBear, Mmcd, sdonn, Banished-She, mickger844posts, Pangea, Musicman2000, Yrag2E, dmaprelude, carlmwan, smellslikeshoes, Dow99, lucy2010, talkabout, To_be_confirmed, byrneno7, Mothman, SalmoTheLeaper, fricatus, golfnut84, joe316, Javiero, Harps, ViDuchie, thomasj, MJohnston, OhThePenguin, FlawedGenius, Su Campu, Coopaloop, faktisperminute, DOCARCH, cherryghost, Odelay, Neddyusa, eoinor, scott.s, docjewel, Bluefrog, thetonynator, Defcol, LookingFor, scart, Welsh Wizard, TheInquisitor, Strasser, cdev, kkontour, Rebelbrowser, notspav, Mr.S, Elmo5, kc56, The tax man, Hooter23

i trust you'll all be logging off to watch the toy show;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

why am I always the first on those lists??!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement