Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst day ever

Options
  • 27-09-2019 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

My best friend is getting married tomorrow. I’m driving down to the location in the west of Ireland. Hit a curb about 20 minutes and am sitting on a hard shoulder with a wonky tyre that is undriveable waiting for my insurance to send a local mechanic.

Rehearsal dinner is in 70 minutes. I’m hot, sweaty, traffic is cat and about 50 mins away even if the car was driveable.

Hey AH. Please entertain me...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

bitofabind wrote: »
    I’m hot

How hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Tomw86

You're some muppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

My best friend is getting married tomorrow. I’m driving down to the location in the west of Ireland. Hit a curb about 20 minutes and am sitting on a hard shoulder with a wonky tyre that is undriveable waiting for my insurance to send a local mechanic.

Rehearsal dinner is in 70 minutes. I’m hot, sweaty, traffic is cat and about 50 mins away even if the car was driveable.

Be grateful you are OK, nobody got hurt and you now have the perfect excuse to miss said rehearsal dinner.

PS.... Can you not change the tyre yourself or is the wheel banjacked?

If this is your worst day ever then consider yourself lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

A/S/L ?

Have you looked in the boot for a spare ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Send a pic

of

your

tyre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Quick start a campaign for ALL kerbs to wear day-glo and helmets. Do they even pay road tax joe?!!!! joe? JOE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Have you looked in the boot for a spare ?

A mechanic has been summoned

Can’t be getting dirty hands can we

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Do you have a spare tyre?

If so, you could probably do with losing some weight. Go for a walk until the mechanic arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

And I'll scweam and scweam till I make myself shick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Any pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Complain that there is no post office beside where you crashed. That’s what they all do down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I think rehearsal dinners are stupid anyways......no need.

59bab3a05d4bf04704b49060ab452754.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,368 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

How dare you, you've ruined my childhood

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭KaneToad

368100 wrote: »

I've eaten dinner loads of times before. Never had to practice in advance. Except that time I had the oysters... that was a shucking mess....

368100 wrote: »

It's seems to be an American thing anyway.

Wtf is a rehearsal dinner? What are you rehearsing? Serious question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Wtf is a rehearsal dinner? What are you rehearsing? Serious question.

I believe the “rehearsal” part refers to the priest given a “run through” of what’s going to happen on the day,

The dinner is just the family, and wedding “party”, having a nice meal after.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Strip and wave at everyone as they go by....

Make sure to be over the crash barrier if there is one..,

I take it you're to hot to change to spare unless it's one of those cars without....

How's the kerb?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

AHH it was yourself....

Seen you on the road there, nice wheels

Seen a car do similar not long ago. It was a taxi and he smacked right into kerb and bang goes the tyre....

Another was a Mazda 6 flying along, glen of the downs then decided oh I'll turn here and went straight into the crash barrier.... Destroyed the front of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

A mechanic has been summoned

Can’t be getting dirty hands can we
    Ideally not just before a wedding, no.

Use floor mat to kneel on that's what I do then no dirty knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

What the utter **** is a rehearsal dinner ?
    Are people that f*cking narcissistic ?

Tell them to f*ck off with that shyte, they should be happy you are going to the poxy wedding in the 1st place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

You're just another victim of Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

Could be worse i shat the bed the other night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

What the utter **** is a rehearsal dinner ?
    Are people that f*cking narcissistic ?

Tell them to f*ck off with that shyte, they should be happy you are going to the poxy wedding in the 1st place.

A waste of money and absolutely ostentatious bllsh1t

I bet it wasn't the groom's Idea, another poor bstrd for the gallows...

A pagan style wedding a few hawthorn tree's and a marquee would be more like it, and a bonfire night with barbeques and entertainment... inside and outside...

Wtf is wrong with people these days...

Borrrrrinnnnngggg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Are you in Ireland OP?

I thought these rehearsal dinners were only an American thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

So your going to rehearse eating your dinner? What are you all? Stupid??? Why would you need to rehearse something like that? Have you never eaten before? It’s pretty much the same routine as always.

In the meantime why not watch a video on how to change a wheel. It’s not hard but then again if your the type that needs to rehearse eating a fücking dinner then there’s probably no point.

Advertisement