Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018/2019 [Mod note 31-Aug-18]

• 07-08-2018 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Old thread here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057876092

New thread start!

Mod note 31-Aug-18

CMod note:

It has come to my attention that this thread is attracting more than it's fair share of trolling.

It has to stop.

Any pot-shots or derogatory remarks will be dealt with harshly.

I will be monitoring reported posts from time to time so troll at your peril.

Think of the Dirty harry scene before you post - "you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?"

Thanks for reading.

Steve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭BenK

New thread smell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

4-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

#Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,137 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

New thread = new signing?

bangkok wrote: »
    ronaldo only play 30 games for sporting when we signed him, dalot will surprise a lot of people

For Ronaldo there are literally 1000s of players signed that dont make it so that’s a strange analogy to make.

What are you basing your “Dalot will surprise a lot of people” comment on? Have you seen him play?(difficult considering he has so few senior appearances)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

48 hours from now, depending on your outlook, this place will either be delighted after putting Leicester to the sword, or absolutely toxic if United lose..

Dalot could be the next Rafael da Silva in that he progresses into being 1st choice RB..........or he could be the next Guillermo Varela

Obviously we all hope hes more Rafael than Varela but theres no way to know at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

New thread and new expectations I feel it this time lads this is our thread were gonna do it.

pjohnson wrote: »
    New thread = new signing?

New thread = new manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

adox wrote: »
    For Ronaldo there are literally 1000s of players signed that dont make it so that’s a strange analogy to make.

What are you basing your “Dalot will surprise a lot of people” comment on? Have you seen him play?(difficult considering he has so few senior appearances)

He is basing it on nothing, all he has done this summer from what I have seen is a set up for his main course during the season.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Some positive news to start the new thread:

https://twitter.com/BILD_Sport/status/1026933259907751936

Boateng tells Mourinho he's not coming.

I know it's Bild but let's just be positive and hope it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,627 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Some positive news to start the new thread:

https://twitter.com/BILD_Sport/status/1026933259907751936

Boateng tells Mourinho he's not coming.

I know it's Bild but let's just be positive and hope it's true.

Best news i've heard all summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

If we don't get Toby in or a really good cb and just pay the cash then you'd assume there's doubts about Mourinho and an unwillingness to back him any longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,557 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Woop the jinx thread is gone.. roll on Alderweirald and Bale!

Anyone understand wtf Kew was talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

adox wrote: »

seen him play against liverpool.

he just looks ready, he is big, strong and fast already, has the body type of a much older player, thats why i think he will surprise a few, because they are not expecting much.

he just looks ready,

I'm sorry but :pac:

There really is no need to apologise :)

astradave wrote: »
    Woop the jinx thread is gone.. roll on Alderweirald and Bale!

Anyone understand wtf Kew was talking about

As far as I can tell I think he thinks that adox has convinced Heisenberg to join us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Pogba looks great in the new home kit. Sure to win the league now. Don't be getting worried folks.

you dont play in the porto first team or champions league if you are not ready

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

See a 50 million bid plus mina and gomez has been refused, is that true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

That’s so last thread... Let’s leave it there...

Look bangkok you seem like a sound fella but you might aswell have said look at the muscles in that fellas legs he'd surely make a good footballer.

United and the premier league is a big step up from porto aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

plenty of people,PLENTY of people have made it to the first team and have had champions league appearances and disappeared into the ether.

Stop with the nonsensical dribble

Think it was nonsense.

plenty of people,PLENTY of people have made it to the first team and have had champions league appearances and disappeared into the ether.

Bebe managed to score on his CL debut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

he just looks ready

And as the season draws closer his

275.gif

all the top clubs in europe were after him

jose rates him as the best young player in his position

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

He is basing it on nothing, all he has done this summer from what I have seen is a set up for his main course during the season.

Or he could be basing it on the manager's comments regarding him as the best young full back in Europe for his age.

Plenty of others here setting up their "main course" as you put it too. Expect the "Jose wasn't backed" excuse after any and all sh*t performances over the coming season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭limnam

Feck it...

New thread and I'm going to jump on the city band wagon.

How good is pep?

GettyImages-1011392834.jpg

Lovern was in a final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

It's not as bad the fella in another superthread who knew by looking into a players eyes if he could cut the mustard. That was excellent

Or he could be basing it on the manager's comments regarding him as the best young full back in Europe for his age.

Plenty of others here setting up their "main course" as you put it too. Expect the "Jose wasn't backed" excuse after any and all sh*t performances over the coming season.

I’m somewhere in the middle on this. The squad is not good enough to challenge for the league this season and more additions should have been made.

However the putrid football is at Jose’s door.

It’s all pretty depressing from where I’m sitting.

“Dalot will surprise a lot of people” “he just looks ready”

That sounds like something someone who has extensively scouted the player would say not someone who bases it on the above.

limnam wrote: »
    Feck it...

New thread and I'm going to jump on the city band wagon.

How good is pep?

You were actually the first one to mention City or Pep in this new thread, let alone post such a photo.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

No chance Levy will budge for just £40M

You were actually the first one to mention City or Pep in this new thread, let alone post such a photo.

It was two pages old.

Some sort of record.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

That sounds like something someone who has extensively scouted the player would say not someone who bases it on the above.

Or just sounds like something someone who is optimistic about the player would say.

• Advertisement

Yes to Toby, no to Mina.

Plus, why sign another CB who isn't exactly what we need? Jose chose to sign Bailly and Lindelof, plus he seems to rate Rojo, Smalling and Jones to some extent.

'The club cannot continue stockpiling defenders' - Whether Woodward actually said it or not, the sentiment is true. Signing two defenders at this stage, especially if one is Mina, would be overkill.

• astradave wrote: »

Who's David Maddock, ah Dave not again.....

888.jpg

he was very good when he played against liverpool and he wasnt even playing on his strong side.

strong in the air, fast, well built, and going by comments here a lot dont think he is up to much so thats why i said i think he will surprise a few people

Who's David Maddock, ah Dave not again.....

He’s the Manchester Reporter for the Mirror, he’s usually pretty on the ball with City, has been pretty decent with United news since last summer too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭BenK

... going by comments here a lot dont think he is up to much so thats why i said i think he will surprise a few people

Don't think anyone actually thinks that or said they think that. He's a young, relatively untested player at the required level, simple as that. That he's regarded as having a lot of potential is great- he could be the next Cafu, but just as easily he could be the next Luke Shaw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,344 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Or just sounds like something someone who is optimistic about the player would say.

I was going to say, it's actually much easier to read someone being optimistic about something here at this stage rather than the doom and gloom. It's the start of a new season and all anyone can talk about on here is how much better Liverpool are than United.

United still have a very good squad and for the first time in a few years will have players in the most important positions who have more than 12 months experience together for the most part so should look better. I just have a good feeling about this season once the other players from the WC get up to speed.

Zeek12 wrote: »
    No chance Levy will budge for just £40M

I think it’s a no brainer for them after probably playing hardball.

Less than two days left. Take £40 million for a player who the manager most likely won’t play and has shown the club can manage without, or refuse and be stuck with him until January at least and lose him for a hell of a lot less or worse for noth8ng in the summer.

If he was a regular last season then maybe there’s a case but Levy won’t cut off his nose to spite his face. Cash in the chips when you can.

Utd have left it this long that I think they should hold their nerve now and they’ll get the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Pogba desperate to leave according to Chris Wheeler of the mail. Feel it's a gigantic 40 or so hours for the club.

Liam O wrote: »
    I was going to say, it's actually much easier to read someone being optimistic about something here at this stage rather than the doom and gloom. It's the start of a new season and all anyone can talk about on here is how much better Liverpool are than United.

United still have a very good squad and for the first time in a few years will have players in the most important positions who have more than 12 months experience together for the most part so should look better. I just have a good feeling about this season once the other players from the WC get up to speed.

Defo, we have a very good squad

De gea
    Bailly
    Matic
    Fred
    Pogba
    Sanchez
    Lukaku
    Lingard
    Rashford
    Mata
    Martial

Looking forward to fri night

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Pogba desperate to leave according to Chris Wheeler of the mail. Feel it's a gigantic 40 or so hours for the club.

Wow the north west guy from the mail. Sounds legit.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement