Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

48 Months - €8.99 - Unlimited Calls & Texts / 100GB Data / EU Roaming

• 27-11-2019 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

New prepay plan from 48 Months preparing to launch "very soon" for €8.99 per month.

Order a free simcard in preparation for the launch here: https://www.48months.ie/free-sim (don't move until the official release of the plan)

Details:

48.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Are they still 3G, or have they upgraded to 4G?
    personally I'd take the 4G GoMo offer over this if it's still 3G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

biebiebie wrote: »
    Are they still 3G, or have they upgraded to 4G?
    personally I'd take the 4G GoMo offer over this if it's still 3G.

4G has been activated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

muffinhead wrote: »
    New prepay plan from 48 Months preparing to launch for €8.99 per month.

Details:

48.jpg

Fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Never heard of these. What are they like. Thats a cheap deal for mobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

what network do the operate under ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

4G has been activated

4G activated for Virgin as well but you never get the speed. Hope its better with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Website not working is not a great sign .......what network do they use

Down already :D

km79 wrote: »

Nothing to do with it. Just been hammered. Been with them 5 years and they run a good show.

bassy wrote: »
    what network do the operate under ?.

3 as far as I recall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Thank GAWWWD some other network has come on board. Gomo are a disaster to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Simi

km79 wrote: »

They used to be a sub division of O2 who were purchased by Three. So Three? Unless there's been a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Hoboo wrote: »
    Nothing to do with it. Just been hammered. Been with them 5 years and they run a good show.

Agree,with them over a year,very happy with them as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,480 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Thank GAWWWD some other network has come on board. Gomo are a disaster to deal with.

Lol trust me, 48 are worse.

Simi wrote: »
    They used to be a sub division of O2 who were purchased by Three. So Three? Unless there's been a change.

That who we are all with now on the prepay
    Used to be basically for free as we were converting credit to Xbox but can’t do that anymore

Is this bill pay ? Can ya tether ?

Not sure if they'll run their friends program with the offer, order a Sim for a friend and I think you get 10 credit each, could be 20.

Not sure how the mods feel about board members ordering SIMS for each other? I know generally you can't offer sign ups, but in this case both parties earn an equal reward?

Maybe a MOD can clear that up?

In what way?

Both my teens with 48 for years on the €10 membership...never a problem and online support great.. saved me a fortune .

Is it Bill pay or credit ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Simi

Both my teens with 48 for years on the €10 membership...never a problem and online support great.. saved me a fortune .

Had myself, my siblings and grandparents signed up to them in their heyday. Was a grand wee network.

You just renew every month by debit card..you're not tied into any contract. You can set your membership to auto renew monthly or just dont renew if you please. A very simple crowd but no complaints here for a tenner.

8.99 now :) I don't even use the 3gb I had nevermind 100gb. Was great for roaming before, even better now.

• Advertisement

What's happens of you use the 100GB limit?
    Cut off?
    Throttled?
    Charged extra?
    Or ....nothing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,480 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

In what way?

If you think its hard get Gomo on the phone you should try 48, plus they've an awful habit of completely draining your credit depending which way the wind blows that day. I would NEVER go back to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

Was fairly certain these were only 3g or at least they were when I moved from them few months back. Anyone with them that can confirm they are 4g?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭TetraSonic55

irishchris wrote: »
    Was fairly certain these were only 3g or at least they were when I moved from them few months back. Anyone with them that can confirm they are 4g?

There was a post on the 48 community from the mods about launching 4G. They were rolling it out from the 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

Whether you can tether is key for me.have the gomo sim in a 4g router without any issues

Details:

48.jpg

If it's 4G then the Three network is going to take a hammering.
    Let's hope that 48 have properly staffed their support channels for the influx!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

I hope this is for real, Gomo reception non existent in my house. Checked the 48 website but still showing original offers. I was with 48 from launch up until Gomo launch and never had a problem with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

Details:

48.jpg

Where did you get this info from as does not appear to be anywhere else online. Also what date is it expected to be live?

If you think its hard get Gomo on the phone you should try 48, plus they've an awful habit of completely draining your credit depending which way the wind blows that day. I would NEVER go back to them.

I'm on 48. Customer Service is second to none and draining credit is a new one, never heard of that or seen it mentioned in the community section. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that.

• Advertisement

irishchris wrote: »

Yeah, got a text and email last week and automatically updated itself that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Bull****e. Was with them for 2 years before, great service.

Details:

48.jpg

Muffin where did you get this from? There's nothing on the site or members section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Muffin where did you get this from? There's nothing on the site or members section.

OP stated "Preparing to launch"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Was with them for years, whole family is/was, never any issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm still with them. I have a dual sim phone so I have a 3 sim and 48 sim and alternate each month since 3 was 4G and 48 were not. Looks to be some amazing deal though if it turns out to be true.

Doesn't seem real when you compare to their current plans and then the switch to 4G recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

I’m on voda red with “free” Spotify and 1 hour free calls abroad costing 70PM

I’ve just got out of contract but it’s very difficult to get hold of anyone at Vodafone these days

Option for a call back usually the next day is the only option

What’s the coverage like with these ppl, as good as vodafone ?
    Can I port my existing number ?
    Can I get an international plan for 1 hour calls abroad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Great offer.

Three recently purchased 48.ie, maybe a rebrand of 48 Months is on the way.

Does a Three locked phone work with 48? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

4G rolled out between 21 to 25th November.

Its only meant for 18 to 22 year olds hence the 48 meaning the months between these ages....Don't know how they'll police that:)

I believe it was a marketing ploy to get younger people on board, but not meant to exclude people outside that age bracket.

Just ordered a SIM there.
    Have a dual SIM phone so can compare with GoMo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

GoMo can’t even take my money at the moment and their website is a pig. I also am not a massive fan of being on “E” data so often.

When they cut me off, this is the next experiment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭sector_000

The only issue I have with 48 was I couldn't get it to roam in France or Germany this year. Tried & tried. Was on chat to customer support. Gave up in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,434 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Its only meant for 18 to 22 year olds hence the 48 meaning the months between these ages....Don't know how they'll police that:)

They don't try to police it. In fact, they give good guidance as to what your birth year needs to be, to make it real easy to cheat. I set up accounts for my parents in law years ago.

It would actually be illegal for them to police it - a breach of age discrimination laws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

We've had 48 aims for years we slowly migrated away from it as other better offers have come in, and needs change.

Very reliable network, but data speeds are lagging the other networks. I live in a rural area, so urban areas may be better.
    Only problem we had was roaming, says it's included and enabled etc, but a couple of times we used it and we couldn't get coverage abroad (EU).
    Anyway, its generally good value at a Tenner, and this is better, just be aware there are limits to the network {based on the old 3G).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

sector_000 wrote: »
    The only issue I have with 48 was I couldn't get it to roam in France or Germany this year. Tried & tried. Was on chat to customer support. Gave up in the end

Had the same issue in Bulgaria but I think it was more down to my handset than the network My Huawei wouldnt register on the network but my sister in laws Huawei did. No issue with my wifes or brother in laws phones. Three of us were on 48 at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

We've had 48 aims for years we slowly migrated away from it as other better offers have come in, and needs change.

Very reliable network, but data speeds are lagging the other networks. I live in a rural area, so urban areas may be better.
    Only problem we had was roaming, says it's included and enabled etc, but a couple of times we used it and we couldn't get coverage abroad (EU).
    Anyway, its generally good value at a Tenner, and this is better, just be aware there are limits to the network {based on the old 3G).

48 Months recently switched to 4G so speeds that you got years ago are not a relevant comparison now.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭matzen

Any risk of roaming not working in a big no go. Too much of a hassle being in another country and having to chase home provider for support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I have been with 48 for about 8 years.
    Highly recommend it, great value.

Go to the Canary Islands every year and have no trouble roaming either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Would be interested for a spare phone. Don't want to lose my credit with three. Can you keep your credit if you don't use all of it for the month or do you have to top up every month?

matzen wrote: »
    Any risk of roaming not working in a big no go. Too much of a hassle being in another country and having to chase home provider for support.

Only risk is that people don't know how to use their phone apart from dial and browse, and can't set up their roaming settings properly, its all there on their support section. My missis did it in 20 seconds on her phone without me there, and as lovely as she is, she is completely IT and technologically clueless. Just follow the instructions.

Can't blame a provider for user ignorance and incompetence.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement