Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machine Head Appreciation Thread

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Oh Robb....

72328707_2724091077621940_2782544268370116608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQlMoPQKMT2XnrcEIa-bzfsos2e4yY1IzG017S8K2ON4Xnap-GcSEdjsuc6rk2OawtY&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=da981114e1062da2c826422aa7e9473f&oe=5E2EC9F8

A 52 year old man wrote this statement if you can believe that!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Dargull wrote: »
    A 52 year old man wrote this statement if you can believe that!

That's what's absolutely hilarious about it, a man who's been in the music business since '86 with Vio-lence, and '91 onwards with Machine Head - You'd think he'd be well used to people criticizing/being opinionated, then again times were different back then.

You'd be embarrassed that he's allowed a small minority to get under his skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    That's what's absolutely hilarious about it, a man who's been in the music business since '86 with Vio-lence, and '91 onwards with Machine Head - You'd think he'd be well used to people criticizing/being opinionated, then again times were different back then.

You'd be embarrassed that he's allowed a small minority to get under his skin.

I once interviewed Robb. In 2010. He ripped me a new asshole for suggesting he liked country music, and that the Eagles - whom he was a fan of - were a Country band. He debated that for over 10 minutes, spoiled most of our interview time and reacted like a child.

I've never forgotten that. He seemed like someone, one to one, who couldn't accept the opinions of others he didn't agree with. There I was, a no name Journalist (and also a fan) who had made a simple observation based on an article where Robb was quoted in Kerrang.

I still feel the Eagles are a country band. At least in part.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Oh my...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I've never forgotten that. He seemed like someone, one to one, who couldn't accept the opinions of others he didn't agree with. There I was, a no name Journalist (and also a fan) who had made a simple observation based on an article where Robb was quoted in Kerrang.

Yeah it appears that still rings through, he refers that its a message to trolls in that statement however the comments he seems to take issue with are the likes of...

"Can't hear anything other than Dopes Die MF Die during the Die MF Die part of the song, but heyo".

"Same Lyricist as The Blackening and Unto the Locust,do you believe it?"

"Lyrics are a bit embarrassing tbh"

These are hardly trolls are they? merely people sharing genuine opinion by the looks of things...opinion that Robb Flynn does not like!

Contrasting his lyrics to "Run Your Mouth When I'm...." I'd imagine is the most pointless thing I'll read all week and I'm pretty sure the heads are banging when those riffs hit.

FFIW The Eagles definitely dabbled in Folk and Country ;)

And now Edsel Dope, the front-man for Dope has fired back at Robb...
    Yesterday, Robb Flynn took to Instagram to publicly asked the question “Who the **** listens to Dope”?

Then today, he fired another shot at our band by posting a photo of himself, posing with a fan who was wearing a Dope shirt, with an unflattering caption.

As a grown-ass man, I feel slightly obligated to acknowledge these 2 separate shots. Truth is, I like Machine Head. Killer band, big ****ing draw!!

If the two bands ever share the stage again, Dope would undoubtedly go on before Machine Head.
    Much respect!

That’s not the question.The question was: “Who the **** listens to Dope”?
    Well Robb, with Spotify being the place where the majority of the listeners go these days, the answer to your question is actually quantifiable.

Check it out..
    Dope Monthly listeners on Spotify: 1,238,355
    Machine Head Monthly listeners on Spotify: 1,208.667
    Pretty ****ing close brother.

Only about 30,000 plays separate our two bands from month to month, so it’s quite fair to say that allot of “mother ****ers” are listening to both Machine Head and Dope on Spotify.
    Slightly more for Dope, but I digress…

I guess it would also be fair to mention that the Dope song that everyone, including Robb is now talking about, “Die Mother ****er Die” has about 30 million more plays on Spotify than any song that Robb has actually written or released.

I’m not talking ****! That’s not who I am.
    I really don’t have anything negative to say about Robb.
    These are just the facts.

We never said that the new Machine Head song was derivative of Dopes “Die Mother ****er Die”
    Actually, we never said ****!!

I don’t own the phrase Die Mother ****er Die.. It is a commonly used arrangement of ignorant words that will continue to be recycled for years to come.
    Have at it bro!

In the end, I can’t help that people associate the phrase with Dope.
    Dopes “Die Mother ****er Die” has been around for almost 20 years and it has racked up more than 60 million plays on Spotify. The US Military adopted the song into training and tactical drills, so any soldier under the age of 40 is familiar with our jam, especially if they served in Iraq.

It is what it is and Dope certainly didn’t instigate this nonsense.

Dope is on tour, in Vienna and we weren't even aware that Machine Head put out a new song until my phone started blowing up from people sharing Robbs Instagram rant, which unmistakably and unnecessarily singled Dope out at the end.

I wasn’t even gonna address it. Then he came at us again today.
    It’s just silly.

I’ve always had respect for Robb.
    He is a prolific artist and he says what he feels.

I respect that. However, I’m not really sure what he hoped to accomplish by calling out Dope, not once but twice in the last couple days.

In closing, I hope that I’ve answered his question and I further hope that we’ve heard the last of this “Die Mother ****er Die” high school drama.

Edsel Dope
    # respect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,903 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Watch the show the other night, was well impressed with the bands stamina, but did find myself getting a bit bored during the set

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

New "three track single" out today. Become the Firestorm is a proper banger \m/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Machine Head have just announced a co-headline tour for 2022 with Amon Amarth. Hitting the Three Arena on 13th September, tickets arent showing on TM yet but the show is listed on their site. Support is from The Halo Effect.

They are also working on their 10th studio album, aiming for a Summer 2022 release, so they'll have new tunes hopefully in the set when they play the Point next September.

Vogg & Matt's first album on guitar and drums respectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Only picked up a ticket the other day for the upcoming show, think I saved nearly 15 euro on random fees by getting in Sound Cellar as I happened to be about.

Like what I hear of the new material and it's an all round decent bill. Any idea what kind of times we looking at yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,903 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

well folks, how was it, videos look rocking on youtube?

It was class. Both bands were amazing. Absolutely had a blast..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭thebourke

great night....3 bands..60euro ticket...first saw machine head supporting slayer back in the sfx in 94

• Advertisement

Who supported Machine Head in the SFX in 95? Have it in the back of my mind it was Meshuggah and someone else.

To answer my own question it was Mary Beats Jane.... now there's a blast form the past for me.

Advertisement