Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

tomissex wrote: »
    Tried this on and it didn't work! Thinking about heading back in on Monday to have another browse! Love their sale!

I actually tried it on again when I got home and Im starting to think it doesnt work on me at all anymore
    Dolorous wrote: »
    Can't wait to get these! Ordered from Jeepers Peepers today, will get my optician to put in my prescription lenses for me :)

360672435_tp.jpg

Also picked this up today in Tesco for a cool E16 :cool:
    bd012213_m.jpg

LOVE those frames!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

fillefatale its fab! where did you purchase?

Sorry forget to say Oasis!
    http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Stingray-Leather-Mix-Shoe/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=944554&cid=4172&Rf-100=Shoes+-+Heeled&sh=0&pge=4&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Taupe

Dunno if these might be a bit high, considering not mid heel by any stretch of the imagination, but this is what I imagined when I saw the dress!

Those are amazing!! But I would not be able to walk more than two steps in them. I'm rubbish in heels :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Those are amazing!! But I would not be able to walk more than two steps in them. I'm rubbish in heels :(
    I'm the same with heels, so yesterday, I was in Penney's and bought a pair of Grey platforms for €10 or €13 euros so I can learn to walk in heels.

I haven't worn high-heels for a year (I last wore heels at my cousins wedding in June last year) and I have to say, the shoes I got in Penney's are so comfy and I normally never find heels comfy.

And they are cheap too, so it I damage them or whatever, while learning to walk in them at least I won't have spent a fortune on them.

But as most people will tell you, start wearing low-heel, then mid-heels and then high-heels, you need to work your way up.

Sorry for the ramble!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

5130423195647_Grey_m1.jpg

This is so cute on!!! I love it! 28euro in store!

5747428381235_Navy_m1.jpg

19euro, thought the bow might be too much, but suits the style very well!

5120461166578_Blue_m1.jpg

Never would have bought this off the hanger, but saw it on a mannequin with a top I had bought previously(which has since been reduced by more than 50% in the sale:(:(:() and it looked great! If I could only get that tomato sauce stain out of the top, I would be flying...Any tips?? It's a handwash only garment.

I also bought a belt for 6euro, floral pattern on it for a pair of grey jeans I got last week in Kildare Village in Desigual. I also got a knee length pair of grey shorts in Dunnes with a coral tank and coral shoes from Dunnes. To comliment this outfit I went to TopShop and got a coral flower ring and a string necklace with pearls dotted around it (don't know how else to describe it and I can't see it on the website). I also got a cute tunic style flow-y top that was only 8 quid from one of the Irish designers in the TopShop sale.

So, all in all, very happy with myself...

The only question remains, do I still buy some of the things on the UO website they did not have instore...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I tried the grey dress on, its a really nice fit.

And of course you need to buy more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Just bought this dress on ebay. Had a look in Cork today for a maxi dress that was a bit different and couldn't find any. Was bored and decided to search ebay for one and found this. Just hope its nice on, used to wear dresses like this during my mis-spent youth:P

YH522.jpg?t=1276082460

Edit - Just got this one too.

DSCN0045.jpg

Probably feeling a bit nostalgic this evening as both are very similar to 2 dresses that 19 year old me used to wear!! Must leave laptop asap before I buy more things for nostalgia reasons!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

1js39s.jpg
    Skirt showed €22 on the price tag in Topshop. Ah yeah, squeaks needs a new black denim skirt anyway. Get to the till hand in my student card...."that will be €13.50 please!" :) YAY! I love the pennys effect in Topshop! :)

zpa8y.jpg
    The dress was €10 in A-Wear and the little chain was €3 I got a three pack of hoopy earrings for €2 and I came home to find that the other two pairs were broken and I was wearing the third pair!:mad: oh well!

Also purchased the most amazing milkshake from that shakes place on Dame street.....HEAVEN! Kinder Bueno milkshake? I'll probably get one tomorrow when I pop into town! :P

1js39s.jpg

Skirt showed €22 on the price tag in Topshop. Ah yeah, squeaks needs a new black denim skirt anyway. Get to the till hand in my student card...."that will be €13.50 please!" :) YAY! I love the pennys effect in Topshop! :)

zpa8y.jpg

The dress was €10 in A-Wear and the little chain was €3 I got a three pack of hoopy earrings for €2 and I came home to find that the other two pairs were broken and I was wearing the third pair!:mad: oh well!

Also purchased the most amazing milkshake from that shakes place on Dame street.....HEAVEN! Kinder Bueno milkshake? I'll probably get one tomorrow when I pop into town! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

RCPOPRIXY-B_BZ.jpg

€19 - Tally Weijl,haven't gone in there in ages because it got kinda trashy but loads of nice things in there now!:D

Can't find pics of the other things I bought but it was:
    Tally Weijl - Blue strapless bubble type dress €19
    White blouse-y top. €12

Pennys:
    Navy cardie - €14
    White lacy top - € 3
    Bangles and necklaces,prob €3 or something?

• Advertisement

where was that Tally Weijl? I remember there used to be one in the Jervis but I think it's gone now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

where was that Tally Weijl? I remember there used to be one in the Jervis but I think it's gone now?

Longford,heres a map of the stores here,only a handful of them!

http://www.tally-weijl.com/store-locator/

level3.aspx?d=3&type=30&style=702037&product=030011023&img=AW110_12

I bought this in the La Senza sale yesterday for €14. I wore it into town today with tights and a little black pair of pumps and I got several lovely comments about it! Noone would have guessed it was a little nightie! :rolleyes:

I bought this in the La Senza sale yesterday for €14. I wore it into town today with tights and a little black pair of pumps and I got several lovely comments about it! Noone would have guessed it was a little nightie! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Squeakyduck, your La Senza pic/link doesn't work (well it's not showing up for me).

If all else fails: http://www.lasenza.co.uk/nightwear/chemise/level3.aspx?d=3&type=30&style=702037&product=030011023&img=AW110_12

I hope to god this post goes through! I seem to double post in this thread by accident today! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

From La senza, but in navy with white polka dots :) Lots of knickers in their 5 for €5 euro offer too :)
    lasenzabra.png

Except in an aqua-green colour. Super cheap dress just for day wear. Surprisingly lovely on, fits perfectly :)
    newlookgreendress.png

Got these three in the sale in work for a grand total of... *drum roll* €30! I love sale and staff discount! :D:o
    I actually already have the black ones but they're so comfortable. I bought them at full price originally but they went down to €15 in the sale and then €11 with staff discount so I couldn't resist :o
    weldon.png
    flipflops.png
    shakespeare.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Except in an aqua-green colour. Super cheap dress just for day wear. Surprisingly lovely on, fits perfectly :)
    newlookgreendress.png

I got this last week in that blue and I love it! It fits so nicely and sits beautifully. And I got it for 9quid! \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

This dress is totally not me but it just jumped out at me! Fits really nice .... think it's my new favourite!

I bought navy tights to go with it but that might be a bit overkill !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

shakespeare.png

OOOO where you get these?

I need new black shoes!

• Advertisement

Jwacqui wrote: »
    OOOO where you get these?

I need new black shoes!

Barratts :)

€15 in sale but there's only whatever's of them on display left :)

Some one keep me away from ebay:mad: Thought I had kicked my ebay habit last year but the past few days I'm addicted again:( Don't know do I even like this dress, certainly don't need it, still it was only €12.

dsp_long_pink_dress_1_.jpgdsp_long_pink_dress_3_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

aekz20.jpg

Fantastically tacky! I love it! 10 weeks til my holiday :)

(From River Island)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

147733.001?$ukproddetailmain$

€40 on ebay - I heart them :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

30kfsxw.jpg

new top purchased from ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Got these just there on the Urban Outfitters website. They came to under €80 including postage...good for that place!

Picture8-1.png
    Picture6-2.png
    Picture9.png
    Picture7-2.png

119394.PNG

119395.PNG

119396.PNG

119397.PNG

Thanks Lia_Lia :o

All from Urban outfitters! Before sale it would've cost me €150, got them all for €70 including delivery! Result! :D

^ Links don't work! I wanna see :P (and you're welcome!)

Edited the post :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That sailor skirt is fab Michellenman.

@ Lia_lia

The first Kimchi Blue dress is lovely! Looks like the cherry blossom girl is no stranger to a bargain even in her enchanted world of miu miu and chloé bags and shoes! I love it worn with the floral jazz shoes.

I was tempted to get something in the UO sale online but postage is steep and I already had a bit of a spree there last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

these huaraches are my first etsy purchase and i'm just delighted they fit as i NEVER buy things without trying them on.
    DSCN6249.jpg

DSCN6247.jpg

and i got these moccasins last week while i was in toronto. the only thing i have to show for the two weeks, rest of my money went on food and beers, whoops.
    DSCN6250.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Orlee wrote: »
    This dress is totally not me but it just jumped out at me! Fits really nice .... think it's my new favourite!

I bought navy tights to go with it but that might be a bit overkill !

That's lovely. Where's it from? Is it Dunnes?

these huaraches are my first etsy purchase and i'm just delighted they fit as i NEVER buy things without trying them on.

and i got these moccasins last week while i was in toronto. the only thing i have to show for the two weeks, rest of my money went on food and beers, whoops.

omg so jealous of both! are the moccasins minnetonka's?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

omg so jealous of both! are the moccasins minnetonka's?

ha they are but it's funny cos i didnt realise til you asked and i looked inside!

the huaraches were only 25 bucks or so, and the moccasins were 40dollars on sale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Cessie322

ams wrote: »
    30kfsxw.jpg

new top purchased from ebay

Love that top, it's fab. Do they have more on ebay?

ha they are but it's funny cos i didnt realise til you asked and i looked inside!

the huaraches were only 25 bucks or so, and the moccasins were 40dollars on sale

bah, i bought some office moccasins and they were €50 on sale! minnetonka's are the original moccasin. i'd love a pair but they retail for around €100 i think!

Cessie322 wrote: »
    Love that top, it's fab. Do they have more on ebay?

Here is a link to the sellers shop - dont see any others but she might relist at some stage

http://tinyurl.com/2e6mony

Thanks ams, some nice stuff there, I'll keep an eye on it. Pity they don't do returns, it always puts me off.

Cessie322 wrote: »
    Thanks ams, some nice stuff there, I'll keep an eye on it. Pity they don't do returns, it always puts me off.

She does but you have to pay a £2 handling fee plus the postage so its really not worth it!! A lot of the ppl who have shops on ebay do returns whereas if its just a randomer selling something they more than likely will not.

The stuff is nice but I have a feeling its chinese sizes cos nothing above a 12 - hopefully itll fit!

• Advertisement

When I read down further it said they don't do returns for international customers. Anyway, it's a fab top so I hope you like it, let us know what it's like when you get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

I got this tapestry bag on ebay €30 i've been after one for awhile
    385441621_tp.jpg

385442050_tp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

The Urban Outfitters sale is great, a LOT of stuff to choose from.

Got this
    5110424315488_Black_m1.jpg

and
    5762415000320_D_m1.jpg

5764419900806_Gold_m1.jpg

and a couple of
    Christmas presents!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I ordered these irregular choice shoes from Schuh today
    http://ie.schuh.co.uk/womens-black-and-white-irregular-choice-mini-magic-tape-measure/1249077270/
    Can't wait to get them. Have the matching clutch bag but I find their high heel ones way too high for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Converse Chuck Taylor Allstar rainbow animal ox plimsols

I think they're so adoable! I have a BIG converse obsession, so it was only natural for me to get these haha!

A011P_SP719_01_JY01Ga?$prodDetailMain$

A011P_SP719_01_JY01Gb?$prodDetailMain$
    A011P_SP719_01_JY01G?$prodDetailMain$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Had a bit of time to kill before the cinema the other night and ended up in Tommy Hilfiger were there was a sale :rolleyes:

853225309_083.jpg

883522146_993.jpg

And this, but with red stripes instead of blue stripes!

882218375_422.jpg

SCREAMOU.JPG

Got these in Oxfam today for €6.50. No idea how i'll wear them as my wardrobe is mainly t-bars and brogues but I LOVE them! Rich purple and they feel velvety. I reckon they were never worn.

Found a great charity shop in town today as well, happy days!

Ordered this from etsy a few minutes ago. It worked out at €24 delivered. I blame sapsorrow for making me want to try out this peasant/prairie look:(. Have spent far too much time on ebay/etsy the past week since getting it into my head!

il_430xN.82302048.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

dressu.jpg

Sometimes I love Littlewoods and sometimes I hate it. I just had a love moment.

image1xl.jpg

All Saints on Asos. €23!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement