Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    How far are you willing to drive, Boom?

Somewhere in Waterford.

*retains air of mystery *

Depends on how many bounties they have and if someone would offer a cup of tea along the way as refreshments :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Hah?

*scratches head*

You said he kissed you but you both kissed no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Depends where the kiss was :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Twas not me Bull. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Talking to me favorite biyeen on the phone, at first he was too busy with box to look at the phone and then he looked up and gave me a big smile :3.

One of my best friends just sent me a pic of my Goddaughter. It was her birthday a few days ago so I sent her an elaborate sparkly unicorn card with a few euro in. She's holding the card in the pic and is so beautiful. I'm all teary eyed with happiness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bf is getting an apartment for the summer to be close to his course. He was meant to be moving in tomorrow but is moving in tonight instead so that means I can go and stay over after work tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

New hair and Mervyn is looking all glam :D Happy Days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Did some gardening with the aul lad this afternoon while being closely supervised by the doggo. Had a lovely heart to heart about me moving out soon and his partner being sick. He’s not the easiest man to talk to and doesn’t open up about stuff much so it felt like we made progress today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I realised I'd lost my ring somewhere the other day, had a thought about asking saint Anthony, and forgot about it. I don't have the hands for rings but someone gave it to me and it's handy for reminding myself not to plunge my hands straight into soil, chemicals I use for work, dishwater etc. And waving around vaguely to deter drunken people looking for the nearest friendly vagina.

So I went to the front door to check for post and when I looked down it was lying there in a shaft of sunlight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Goodigal

My 7 year old son with Autism managed to get his unruly mop of hair cut yesterday and he looks transformed! He said he felt like he wasn't wearing a wooly hat anymore! I am so happy he managed it, despite the tears while getting it done. He was so proud of himself that he wouldn't wear his cap today so people would notice :)

Went sale agreed on the house of our dreams yesterday. It still hasn't sunk in but we're so happy about it. After been looking for around a year, sold our house in advance to put ourselves in a good position and a few disappointments we've ended up with the best home we could have ever hoped for. Can't believe it, so jammy!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Housewarming party at Bones and Fartie! \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

The sun, makes me feel a lot better. Im fed up with these grey cloudy days or days which start out bright and sunny and then turn to grey

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The weekend is upon us and the weather is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Went sale agreed on the house of our dreams yesterday. It still hasn't sunk in but we're so happy about it. After been looking for around a year, sold our house in advance to put ourselves in a good position and a few disappointments we've ended up with the best home we could have ever hoped for. Can't believe it, so jammy!

Fantastic news , congratulations !
    New home , new baby on the way , many years of happiness ahead for the Bones Family :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Fantastic news , congratulations !
    New home , new baby on the way , many years of happiness ahead for the Bones Family :D

And there better be a room for me to move in as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    And there better be a room for me to move in as well!

And pizza :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    And pizza :D
    A pizza room!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

With pineapple, of course.

• Advertisement

I've a pizza and ice cream room reserved especially for you Boomer. :)

New Home wrote:

Jesus!!

New Home wrote: »

That's why you are not allowed to live in our new house, or should I say our New Home

You've room for Jesus, too, that's good! :)

I've a pizza and ice cream room reserved especially for you Boomer. :)

i love more than the bones of you

That's why you are not allowed to live in our new house

If you have your house, why do you want to squat at Bones and Fartie's?

EDIT: Hah! Got you before your ninja edit! Yussss! :D

If you have your house, why do you want to squat at Bones and Fartie's?

EDIT: Hah! Got you before your ninja edit! Yussss! :D

I'm moving in with Bones and Fart. It's going to be like a 3 men and a baby situation but with 2 men, 1 woman, a baby and a pizza/ice cream room.

I'm moving in with Bones and Fart. It's going to be like a 3 men and a baby situation but with 2 men, 1 woman, a baby and a pizza/ice cream room.

You forgot about their other child. :rolleyes:

You forgot about their other child. :rolleyes:

tenor.gif

You're a gas man Boomer, in stitches here :D

• Advertisement

You're a gas man Boomer, in stitches here :D

Wait til you see how gassy I am after 3 tubs of ben & jerrys and 2 large pizzas.
    .....what's the ventilation like in my room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

That's brilliant news Bones, all the very best :)
    I, too, like pineapple on pizza. Don't know if you are thinking garlic bread but I prefer the oozy, sliced type. I will bring wine :)

TH, the little one got 20/21 in last week's spelling test. Spellings and reading have been a bit of a struggle and she is mighty proud of herself, as am I :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Gong to see John Wicks Chapter III at the cinema this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Girl dog who is terminally ill, got very sick looking, very quickly last weekend. I gave her some more home remedy and left her in peace for an hour or so, the big happy head on her when we got back.

Went to the local vet to get cream for her runny eyes last week, they were so good, had a vet look at the condition and 'prescribe' an ointment for it, two days in and her eyes are completely back to normal, so much so she had her normal grumpy face on when I walked her to daycare today. instead of looking like she was half blind.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Delighted for you bones, wishing many years of happiness in your new home.
    Also, you should see about a reality tv deal for all the pizza room escapades :p:D

My TH is that I mentioned how I’d love some McDonald’s chicken nuggets and my OH went and surprised me with 20 of them.
    I was incredibly tempted to hog them all myself, but I shared. Grudgingly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Excellent news Bones, wishing you and Fartie all the best with it and family life!

I’m TH that my free eyebrow wax turned out fabulous, and that they only charge €5 for an eyebrow wax for staff usually :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Think I might go for pints after work :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Congrats bones and farty 😀
    Housewarming party at Bones and Fartie! \o/

Hopefully they use the good china this time and provide us with boxty :pac: 😛😀

Hopefully they use the good china this time and provide us with boxty :pac:CAKE

Seph, how many times...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Congrats Bonesy & Farty.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It's very nice of ye.

Congrats Bones and Farty :) This pizza and ice cream room sounds amazing :D Any room for one more to move in aswell??? I can babysit Boom :D

My TA is that a co-worker thought I had a new man in my life and was quizzing me about that man that was chatting to me at lunchtime and I then told her that the man is my Father (to be fair he looks younger than his age which is 70) :D Lunch date with my daddy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote:
    Congrats Bones and Farty This pizza and ice cream room sounds amazing Any room for one more to move in aswell??? I can babysit Boom

I want pizza & ice-cream now.

Autosport wrote:
    My TA is that a co-worker thought I had a new man in my life and was quizzing me about that man that was chatting to me at lunchtime and I then told her that the man is my Father (to be fair he looks younger than his age which is 70) Lunch date with my daddy

Are you still not willing to go public about us?

:p

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I want pizza & ice-cream now.

Are you still not willing to go public about us?

:p

Ted I think I am very public about us :D

Think of poor Seph ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Being right :D Suspected my friend is pregnant (not trivial!) and she is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

John Wicks Chapter 3 - Parabellum was very good.

What are the little acts of kindness which lift your spirits?

Each morning, the receptionist at my workplace gives me a wink when I come in the door, and I give her a wink back. I think it began because I often forget my swipe card, so she'd immediately buzz me in when I arrive. Now it's habit, and it really cheers me up first thing on a Monday morning.

When he was alive, my Dad used to lightly touch my Mum on the head when he'd walk past and she was sitting down; and if she was busying herself around the kitchen, she'd pet him on the shoulder or something instead of just brushing past. I never used to notice it until I was an adult, and realised it was a sweet, almost imperceptible acknowledgement of "There you are now; I care about you". I'm sure that kind of attitude was elemental to their successful relationship.

So what are the tiny acts of affection, kindness or empathy (even between strangers) that cheer you up or improve your day?

And also, in case you forget, you could really brighten someone's day by giving little signs of affection (smile), or random acts of kindness towards strangers. It takes little effort, but you'd never know how uplifting it might be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

When spellcheck doesn't kick in and make you look a right weirdo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Something like Trivial Things That Make You Happy?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057855279

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Something like Trivial Things That Make You Happy?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057855279
    I had been thinking of signs of affection and care towards each other, but yeah, it probably belongs there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement