Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

It's been a tough time in the hb house following a family bereavement so it's really lovely to be catching up on the TH thread and to be writing a TH myself. I called in to the home place after work this evening and it was a bit like old times with all the banter at the supper table. The local paper has a Spot the Celebrity type photo competition and my Dad is this weeks celebrity (I use the term "celebrity" loosely as it's a very small place!) What has me TH is how such a silly thing has us all smiling. My Dad, who never likes a fuss is lapping it up while my Mum is acting like she's Jackie O! Also, there's a good chance that one of us may win the prize as we've bought so many copies of the paper and we're 100% sure of the answer!

^^ That's brilliant Hb! Your Mam's acting like Jackie O :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I'm a glass half full kind of guy, so as annoyed as I was about my car battery being dead first thing this morning, and having to make alternative arrangements to get to work, I'm TH that my mate called round this evening and showed me how to jump start a car. He also loaned me his rechargeable battery until I get it checked out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Pancakes for lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TH Bagder Balm muscle rub and Tiger Balm give me exciting dreams. I think it's the ginger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

Has to be pancakes or lack of them lol lol....
    Chicks kept eating them as I was making them, the piggies lol lol......Nutella with Strawberry ice cream and marshmallows....oh God...lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Pancakes glorious pancakes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

I found a tenner in my pants pocket that i didn't know was there :D the little things

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I decided to only eat round things today.
    Pancakes, pizza and I'll have a few ginger crunches later if I'm feeling frisky.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The kids go to school and come back on their own.So no more school runs for me.Which is great in this weather.

• Advertisement

More pancakes earlier on tonight, this time with friends

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I went to the local café for a coffee, didn't even ask about pancakes as I assumed they wouldn't be doing gluten free. Barely sat down when the owner tells me about gluten free pancakes and all the toppings. I had three, and nearly ate the plate as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Reading posts about pancakes just reminded me I have batter in the fridge. Guess what's for supper :)

This is my 2,500th post and it's only taken me five and a half years!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happy all the cats ( well except Tonto who is in hiding from the storm and his share is awaiting him..) are stuffed with raw chicken and snug asleep. Life is so simple for a well loved cat.. Was not up to making pancakes; ah well!

I'm here 10 and only have 3691.
    Good going

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

cjmc wrote: »
    I'm here 10 and only have 3691.
    Good going

No comment :D

I just had to click on your profile Ted.
    59000+ !!
    New Home is a slacker ðŸ˜.Only 56+ , soon to be 57K.

God, I love the internet. I bought several silk camis ('preloved' but basically new) in different pastel colours and none of them cost more than £12.00. All very high quality and designer made.
    I'm looking forward to swanning around in liquid silk, staying cool in the summer heat. They also make a nice base layer in colder weather

The gale has eased, the sun is shining and I picked a marigold... Happies

• Advertisement

Pancakes for lunch again today

Bit of talk about flight cancellations due to Covid-19 over in that thread and the unlikeliness of insurance covering it etc. Didn't want to post this there and go off topic but it reminded me of this:

A few years ago I was abroad and due to fly to another country as part of my trip but a bereavement at home meant I had to cut my holiday short and instead of flying to my second destination that day, fly home instead. I was extremely upset and I rang the airline JAT Airways (Serbian airline), to cancel my flight at the last minute. I had no travel insurance.

The lady on the call was so lovely and understanding and totally unexpectedly said 'how would you like your refund? Back to card you paid with?' I said yeah but was thinking it was a mistake. I had a full refund within 48 hours! No forms to fill in, nothing.

Then I had to go to a desk and book home with another airline and that lady was just lovely too. She assigned me a really good seat and made sure it was on the aisle so I could pop to the loo if I was very upset and needed a moment.

My wonderful internet connection has been a little erratic this week, It is a small local firm ( God bless you, Westnet!) and I told them way back they were amazing as the dish is on the north/ocean facing gable end wall of the old cottage and while I often cannot stand up there, it has never so much as flickered in all the gales.

When I was with digiweb before I came here the engineer knew the way to the house as it went off in heavy rain

Mu new server is inexpensive and 24/7 with no restrictions. ,..... ,

So I called them. Around noon. Got a phone message before 2 pm that it was fixed; transmitter? .. Made me very happy

A renaissance man entering my local, and sharing his broad knowledge accumulated from lifelong travels. Flatcaps of the world unite. I'm not in the best place right now, discussion of music & poetry immediately lifted my mood. As a failed scribe, Kipling and Keats took centre stage. Simplicity of sharing favourite music, and breaking into song. Tony Bennett, Sam Cooke & Edith Piaf by popular demand. Life is good my friend, life is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

My drive to work this morning,
    Sunglasses? Check!
    Reggae playlist? Check!
    Dancing as much as I can while safely operating my car? Check!
    Being warm on a very cold morning? Check!

It feels like a bit of life has returned to the country the last two days, all we needed was a bit of sun and a break from the rain. Now if the cold could kindly fook right the fook off we might start seeing more smiles around the place. :D

Guy Person wrote: »
    My drive to work this morning,
    Sunglasses? Check!
    Reggae playlist? Check!
    Dancing as much as I can while safely operating my car? Check!
    Being warm on a very cold morning? Check!

It feels like a bit of life has returned to the country the last two days, all we needed was a bit of sun and a break from the rain. Now if the cold could kindly fook right the fook off we might start seeing more smiles around the place. :D

Small note; have you seen what is coming our way at the weekend? Happy we will cope but....happy at the short break from gales …

I went for a ramble and I saw wild rabbits in their favourite field.Every spring I look out for them frolicking in the morning sun. There was one big cuddly one with a fluffy pompom of a tail that flashed as he lolloped along happily. Ahhhh so adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My 2 grandsons are coming over today.Cant wait for a lovely squeeze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Sitting in the car for lunch and I spot this jackdaw.
    He kept taking grass and moss and was bringing it to the top of an old tree stump.
    I don't know what he was doing but it looked interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Your Face wrote: »
    Sitting in the car for lunch and I spot this jackdaw.
    He kept taking grass and moss and was bringing it to the top of an old tree stump.
    I don't know what he was doing but it looked interesting.

Gathering material to build a nest by the sounds of it.

Advertisement