Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

rockshore cans 500ml x 8 are 10 euros
    normally 14 euros

in dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

Two 700 Jameson's and four Jameson Glasses for 35 in Tesco today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

hatchman wrote: »

I'm seeing double all ready

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Heineken 2x12pk for 20 euro. Centra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

SuperValu have Jack Daniels and Bombay Sapphire gin for €20 each until the 11th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭ablelocks

3 x 12 bottles of peroni, €25 in tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,582 ✭✭✭✭elperello

ablelocks wrote: »

That's great value and you can mix and match with 12 x Hop House or 10 x Corona. A nice little Christmas mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am looking for Expresso Martini, was advertised for Lidl but never came in, anyone help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭prodsc

Any idea how long for? Can't find any info on the website!

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭highdef

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am looking for Expresso Martini, was advertised for Lidl but never came in, anyone help?

What's an expresso?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

highdef wrote: »
    What's an expresso?

Dope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭highdef

Cheers, I didn't realise that an expresso was a dope. Still confused as dope can be both a compliment or an insult when describing someone and now an expresso also means dope.... Feeling very old right now!

Cheers, I didn't realise that an expresso was a dope. Still confused as dope can be both a compliment or an insult when describing someone and now an expresso also means dope.... Feeling very old right now!

You know that the person meant an espresso but you just want to engage in some pointlessly pedantic game of calling up someone on spelling a word phonetically- when in reality it adds nothing to conversation other than maybe, in your head alone, making you feel superior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Merry Christmas everyone

Can’t we all be friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Maybe they meant doppio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

You know that the person meant an espresso but you just want to engage in some pointlessly pedantic game of calling up someone on spelling a word phonetically.

It’s definitely pronounced as it’s spelt though, espresso.

I’d love to know how expresso became such a commonly used term.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

donnyvegas wrote: »

been traveling over central - east Europe this summer.
    Beside the fact that smallest cash and carry store is the size of Tesco extra, i was surprised to see for sale Jameson and other spirits heavily promoted in gift-boxes with 1-2 engraved glasses, with the price lower than a regular bottle here ( i.e Jameson and 2 glasses for 17-19 euro, on a regular summer day )

As for the coffee, was looking for a 'medium' cup of coffee ( as i have every day in Ireland ): the barista told me they serve only coffee ( in small ~50ml/2oz cups ) and not take away soups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco
    Heineken, guinness bulmers
    Any 24 For 24.00
    valid from 9/12/2019 until 24/12/2019

I often hear it pronounced as expresso.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/espresso-vs-expresso-usage-history
    What to Know
    Espresso is a borrowed word from Italian referring to coffee brewed by forcing steam or hot water through finely ground coffee. This method is quick, involves "pressing" water through coffee, and the word is very close to the English word "express," which shares those meanings. Thus, it is not uncommon, nor wrong, to hear this beverage referred to as expresso.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espresso#Variant_spelling
    While the 'expresso' spelling is recognized as mainstream usage in some American dictionaries,[25][26] some cooking websites call the 'x' variant illegitimate.[27][28][29][30] Oxford Dictionaries online states "The spelling "expresso" is not used in the original Italian and is strictly incorrect, although it is common."[31] The Oxford English Dictionary and Merriam-Webster call it a variant spelling.[24][32] The Online Etymology Dictionary calls "expresso" a variant of "espresso".[33] The Oxford Dictionary of American Usage and Style (2000) describes the spelling expresso as "wrong", and specifies espresso as the only correct form.[34] The third edition of Fowler's Modern English Usage, published by the Oxford University Press in 1996, noted that the form espresso "has entirely driven out the variant expresso (which was presumably invented under the impression that it meant 'fast, express')"

seems so stupid when arseholes feign ignorance about it when they see a misspelling (not you), do they think it makes them look smart or something? making themselves out to be idiots that cannot have a guess or use google? because it backfires big time, they end up looking like right ignorant morons, in both senses of the word.

• Advertisement

It definitely doesnt really matter though, especially when you know what the person is referring to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,429 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lads/ladettes, can we just discuss the procurement of cheap booze and leave the chat to somewhere else. No point in going down the route of having a Booze Deals chat thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

There is a whole forum for Coffee and Tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 idontlikemyname

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Aldi got some kind of coffee liqueur in for 9.50, haven't tried it in a martini yet but worth a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

That's a great bargain, I will have to call into Tesco tonight to grab some of that, I don't see it listed online.

Has anyone got this deal in store yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

andrew1977 wrote: »
    That's a great bargain, I will have to call into Tesco tonight to grab some of that, I don't see it listed online.

Would like to know this too as its usually €17 for 12 Peroni ,if anyone has bought them in store could they let us know,i wont get a chance to go to Tesco until tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Captain Morgans 70cl was 13.99 in Lidl today, thats 2 euro cheaper than captain cook own brand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Would like to know this too as its usually €17 for 12 Peroni ,if anyone has bought them in store could they let us know,i wont get a chance to go to Tesco until tomorrow.

I saw it in store, Tesco Arklow. Didn't purchase but the sign was up.

No sign of a Peroni deal in Tesco Sligo today..12 packs at normal price of €15 each....unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Not the cheapest, but haven't seen it for this price .e.g 45 in Supervalu
    Roe an Co in a nice presentation box 25 euro in Tesco
    [497204.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭AhrSkidar

prodsc wrote: »
    No sign of a Peroni deal in Tesco Sligo today..12 packs at normal price of €15 each....unfortunately.

Same in Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cutelad

Captain Morgans 70cl was 13.99 in Lidl today, thats 2 euro cheaper than captain cook own brand!

How long is this offer for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

In Bloomfields Dún Laoghaire at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,582 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Tesco

Stella Artois 24 x 50cl cans €20

(it's that stupid open cases merchandising so you have to take 6 x 4 packs but at that price worth the trouble)

Also Jameson Caskmates IPA or Stout €25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

SuperValu

€10 off any 6 wines. Combine that with the fact that Faustino V is on sale at €10 at the moment and that’s 6 v gd bottles of red for €50

Baileys €12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Holy Diver wrote: »
    SuperValu

€10 off any 6 wines. Combine that with the fact that Faustino V is on sale at €10 at the moment and that’s 6 v gd bottles of red for €50

Baileys €12
    I’ve tried that DADÁ art wine for €10, it’s lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Gordon's gin in lidl this evening €13.99 ,only a 70cl bottle though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Can't believe how cheap the spirits are in lidl. Anyone know how long the deal is lasting for?

I thought i was getting a bargain at €18.99 for a 70cl of Smirnoff. €14.99 is great!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Can't believe how cheap the spirits are in lidl. Anyone know how long the deal is lasting for?

I thought i was getting a bargain at €18.99 for a 70cl of Smirnoff. €14.99 is great!!

Bollix,didn't realise there was Smirnoff there also. Only one thing for it so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

At €14.99 its still cheaper to buy in Tesco and Dunnes, works out at €14 for 700ml if you get the 1 litre for €20.

easypazz wrote: »
    At €14.99 its still cheaper to buy in Tesco and Dunnes, works out at €14 for 700ml if you get the 1 litre for €20.

deal is finished in tesco, though likely to reappear.

Tesco
    Ciroc Vodka 70Cl
    Special OfferSAVE 19.99 Was 49.99 Now 30.00
    valid from 27/11/2019 until 24/12/2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Holy Diver wrote: »
    SuperValu

Baileys €12

Faustino V is €10 in Tesco. 25% off 6 bottles brings it in at €45 for 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Rockshore 8PK x 2 for 18 euro.

Good value for Rockshore.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Try and keep it to moderate drinking people. Things can get out of hand. Doesnt have to be drank by the end of Xmas. Save your health and fights breaking out. ive been there before, it aint pretty.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7503443/Minimum-unit-pricing-Scotland-worked-slashed-alcohol-purchased-8.html

On a side shameful note, anyone know how long the 25% of 6 bottles of wine in tesco is ending. need to get presents.

On a side shameful note, anyone know how long the 25% of 6 bottles of wine in tesco is ending. need to get presents.[/QUOTE]

Website says 24th but they have been known to pull offers early!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

rubadub wrote: »
    deal is finished in tesco, though likely to reappear.

Tesco
    Ciroc Vodka 70Cl
    Special OfferSAVE 19.99 Was 49.99 Now 30.00
    valid from 27/11/2019 until 24/12/2019

Ciroc is made from grapes, don't know how they get away with proclaiming to be vodka

Caranica wrote: »
    Ciroc is made from grapes, don't know how they get away with proclaiming to be vodka
    doesn't matter, it just has to be 37.5% or above to be legally called vodka in the EU.

Many of the cheaper ones are molasses based.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Skelp

Anyone know the story with Amazon. Seems to be very quiet on the booze front....usually has some cracking deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Am i the only one that thinks Captain Cook is nicer anyway..with Vanilla Coke Zero, Squeeze of Lime and Ice..Mmmmm:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

stimpson wrote: »
    Faustino V is €10 in Tesco. 25% off 6 bottles brings it in at €45 for 6.

It’s hard to beat Tesco 25% off to be fair. Particularly when combined with sale prices. Also applies to port.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Caranica wrote: »

Just curious about what you think vodka should be made with?
    I honestly didn't think it mattered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement