Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have not been paid

Options
  • 25-07-2008 6:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

So after my 2 week stint in the recruitment company now i was checking my bank balance and they havent paid me for the 2 weeks!

what can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Best thing is to ask them why?
    it could be a simple mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

OMG I cannot seriously believe I havent been paid this is seriously bad, just goes to show who i was working for they arent serious at all. what can i do legally?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ask them!!!!

Did you ask them originally how their payment system works? Maybe you're paid monthly?

I thought you rejected that job and went with the american company?

well thet are in the process of offering me the job so i said until they do i will start with the rec company, and people were right the things they do OMG I hope i never work for a place like that. i asked about pmt and they told me i will get paid on the 25th of July. i started on the 11th of July so she siad i will get paid at the end of this month and i havent. i did ask them and they told me i will get paid on the 25th of this month. thats from the horses mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Have you tried contacting them?

I think you're over-reacting a little. You haven't mentioned how long ago your 2 week stint was, but it's more than possible that there has been a banking error, a payroll error or any of number of things.

Get in touch with the recruitment agency, see if they've processed your wages. Check your bank statement too, they may have paid you, only for your wages to be eaten up by direct debits, stamp duty or a drunken withdrawal from an ATM outside Supermacs at 4am that you've forgotten.

A polite phonecall is likely all that's required. Legal options do not need to be explored.

[edit - just seen your new post...]

Did you give your bank details? Did they say how they would pay you? I know from experience that there can be troubles adding new people to the payroll, so the best thing to do is get in touch with the payroll department and see what the story is.

• Advertisement

Anna23 wrote: »
    ..... i started on the 11th of July so she siad i will get paid at the end of this month and i havent. i did ask them and they told me i will get paid on the 25th of this month. thats from the horses mouth.

it could take a day to go through? It is best to ask about why you didn't get paid, rather than going down the legal path yet.

I am just checking my bank balance now, trust me I dont do the whole 1000 euro at 4 am in the morning, i will give them a call and see what they say, this is so unprofessional. I cant believe this.... i started on the 11th of July and was meant to get paid on the 25th of july so they said, they get paid monthly in there, could it be that i only get paid next month for this, if this is the case then why would she say u get paid on the 25th.

Errr, that's today. And if i have my time difference right (i'm overseas) it's not even 7am there. And you're asking about legal action?:rolleyes:

Maybe you'll be paid by cheque?

Sorry to bring this up but based on your previous threads in general you seem to make mountains out of mole hills very very easily. Calm down ffs.

*edit* did you ask if you had to work a back week/month???? If so you may not get paid until next month. Or if you worked a back week you may have only been paid for one week and not noticed much of a difference in your balance.

Even still, relax!!!

Thanks magic maker......honestly i am a bit stressed I dont have a job and only have left around 2500 euro in my account of course i will get stressed after all i did work for it its my money and i want it, its as simple as that!

Thanks magic maker......honestly i am a bit stressed I dont have a job and only have left around 2500 euro in my account of course i will get stressed after all i did work for it its my money and i want it, its as simple as that!
    CALM DOWN!!!

It's the day you get paid, the working day has not even started yet. You don't know anything yet so calm down.

What are you talking about you have no job?

2500 in your account will get you through at least a month being unemployed. But you're supposed to be working for the rec agency????

Yeah you did work for it and it is yours, and you will get it but jesus christ don't throw your toys out of the pram. These things can take time and you still don't even know what's going on. You may get a cheque when you go to work today.

• Advertisement

oh yeah i forgot to mention i was let go on wednesday!

Is this a wind-up or something? Is English your second language? Are you on speed?

Nobody is trying to screw you over. Most likely you'll get your money today. If not, you'll certainly get it before your 2,500 disappears from your account. Most likely there is no problem - and if there is, it is one that's easily sorted.

If they money's not in your account by lunchtime, pick up the phone, ring HR and explain the situation in a calm, polite, reasonable manner. Don't stamp your feet, don't have a tantrum or a panic attack. Just explain the situation and find out what's the best way to sort everything out.

oh yeah i forgot to mention i was let go on wednesday!
    Oh ok.. Well that explains a little but still, try not to worry...

Just call them when they open. Most importantly, stay calm, concise and coherant. If you act like a bitch over the phone then no one will want to help you. Ask them what the story is and when you will be paid. Be polite and patient. If they say they'll call you back then thank them and wait for their call.

IF it gets to a stage where you get no answers (it most likely won't) then i personally would make my way down there and speak to the manager in person.

I am not on speed i dont take drugs, i am a normal 25 year old, desperate 25 year old, who has a car and a loan and a mortgage to pay, well i am helped but still... anyway not wanting to waist anyones time anymore...thanks for the advice i will give them a call but i doubt i will get my money i really do! oh yeah o forgot to mention i saw payroll being done on tuesday

Why, exactly?

why exactly what, sorry i am a bit confused.

why exactly what, sorry i am a bit confused.

Why do you think you will not be paid

ok this probably will sound silly to you, but i just have a feeling about this a very bad one, and i had one when i took the job i knew it wasnt going to work out but still i wanted to give this job a try as like i said i am doing a HR degree, anyway i cannot believe i left a permanent job for something that was completly unsure i should have seen it come.
    now i have to go to the social welfare and i dont even know what to do as i have never been on social welfare.

Sorry for ranting but i just want to cry!

Anna23: You seem very highly strung. Don't automatically assume the worst. The recruitment company will pay you your money - it's possible they already have done so. There's absolutely no point in throwing a wobbler. Go about things as cordially as possible. If the recruitment company won't pay up, then you can explore legal options, stamp your feet and so on.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=2747032

Some quality entertainment there for those bored at work.

so now u are making fun of me.....seriously if u dont have anything constructive to say please dont say anything at all and just leave me alone...the last thing i need is someone pointing out my posts!

• Advertisement

ok this probably will sound silly to you, but i just have a feeling about this a very bad one, and i had one when i took the job i knew it wasnt going to work out but still i wanted to give this job a try as like i said i am doing a HR degree, anyway i cannot believe i left a permanent job for something that was completly unsure i should have seen it come.
    now i have to go to the social welfare and i dont even know what to do as i have never been on social welfare.

Sorry for ranting but i just want to cry!
    How you've made it to 25 is beyond me, and i mean that in the nicest way possible.

You really need to find a way to vent out these frustrations because you are really acting like a child here.

You don't need to go on social welfare, you have more money in your account than most with full time jobs i would think.

What you need to do is stop crying and apply for some jobs.

Like i said if u dont have anything nice to say please keep it to yourself. i dont need an argument with u rite now, just dont see the point.....yes i have 3 interviews today i guess i have latin blood in me and we tend to be a bit more passionate and react to things quickly and yes i am upset i am sure ud be 2 if this would have happened to u...

yes i have 3 interviews today dont u worry about that
    Maybe take your own advice?

I shall do just that! Now please do leave me alone

I shall do just that! Now please do leave me alone

Take Deep breath, hold it .... breath out ...
    now relax...

we gave you advice (i.e. wait or ring them)

ah thanks i know i will give them a call at 8 when they start, but i dont understand what magic maker's problem is! anyway thanks for the advice trust me it was much appriciated.

one more question what if they say oh u will not get paid, i know its illegal goes under the pmt of wages act 1991 etc what can i do?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

My wages go into my bank at 7am on the morning of payday. You should check again in a few hours.

one more question what if they say oh u will not get paid, i know its illegal goes under the pmt of wages act 1991 etc what can i do?

They won't ...

If you want me to ''leave you alone'', which implies that i'm somehow tormenting you which i find quite offensive, then sending me a pm is probably not the best way to go about it.

You've posted on a public forum and you are not satisfied with the responses you have been given. Unfortunately, that is your problem, not mine. If you are not happy with what you are reading, then log off.

You post asking what can be done about this situation you find yourself in, when most people wouldn't even consider it a 'situation'. It is the 25th July in the early am, you have just finished a job that told you that you will be paid on the 25th July. You check your account and the very first thing you do is post here about what you can legally do. You've been completely irrational about the 'situation'.

You see, most people would have looked at their account, and after a few seconds of confusion, would say to themselves ''ah sure i'll call them later'' and then go and get some breakfast or something. What they would not do is have a nervous breakdown and sit in a puddle of their own tears.

You need to learn to think rationally. You're 25, being like this over something so trivial really just shows immaturity. Believe it or not, you're a grown up, try acting like one.

• Advertisement

i just spoke to them, i will be paid by cheque on Monday....ha ha what a JOKE I actually wonder if they will send the cheque out....anyway thanks guys

Advertisement