Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French Oral - Document?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Sean.

When it comes to the document, I'm going to be utterly eccentric!

SIDE NOTE: How long can we spend talking about the document? Will the examiner cut me off at any point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Sean. wrote: »
    When it comes to the document, I'm going to be utterly eccentric!

SIDE NOTE: How long can we spend talking about the document? Will the examiner cut me off at any point?
    My teacher is new so she might be wrong but she said if they see the document straight away they might ask you it and you can talk about it for the whole thing or for as long as you have prepared!

Patchy~ wrote: »
    My teacher is new so she might be wrong but she said if they see the document straight away they might ask you it and you can talk about it for the whole thing or for as long as you have prepared!

Yes! Going to spend half my time talking about the document :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Sean. wrote: »
    Yes! Going to spend half my time talking about the document :D
    Make sure they see it straight away, stick it your face or something :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Make sure they see it straight away, stick it your face or something :D

Or when they ask you about yourself just say "alors, J'ADORE les documents!!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Bonjour, je m'appelle David, j'ai document ans. Oh pardon, je pense toujours des documents car ils m'intéressent tant! :D

I wasn't going to whip it out straight after going into the room. Here's my plan: the document takes me about 4 minutes to recite so I'll look at my watch and 4 minutes from the end of the interview I'll say "Ahh, Avant d'oublier, j'apporte un document!" That way the examiner won't have any time at the end to ask me questions about the document, brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

So I'm making mine about TV show, Lost. It's like the greatest show in existance :D

So I have anticipated questions on My favourite character, Least favourite character, favourite scene, The general story line, whether the acting is good and why I like it.

Anyone got any other ideas on what I could anticipate? :)

I'm only doing pass, and teaching french to myself outside of school to meet entry requirements, so my standards will be very poor in comparison to others. :P

Manic2 wrote: »
    So I'm making mine about TV show, Lost. It's like the greatest show in existance :D

So I have anticipated questions on My favourite character, Least favourite character, favourite scene, The general story line, whether the acting is good and why I like it.

Anyone got any other ideas on what I could anticipate? :)

I'm only doing pass, and teaching french to myself outside of school to meet entry requirements, so my standards will be very poor in comparison to others. :P

Doubt they'd ask you much more than that for pass!

• Advertisement

I'm doing racism in sport this year, what kind of questions do ye think they might ask?

Togepi wrote: »
    I'm doing racism in sport this year, what kind of questions do ye think they might ask?

"Pensez-vous que le racisme existe dans le monde du sport?" ;)

Apart from that one. :P

I wonder what would happen if I went in and said I totally agreed with racism... If my French was good they'd have to give me the marks like. :pac:

Lolz, that'd be awful. Tout le monde est égal. :)

Togepi wrote: »
    Apart from that one. :P

I wonder what would happen if I went in and said I totally agreed with racism... If my French was good they'd have to give me the marks like. :pac:

Lolz, that'd be awful. Tout le monde est égal. :)

Hahaha, that's true, they couldn't penalise you for it!
    I know, but a bitta racist humour never goes astray! Racist/sexist/homophobic jokes = the best ones <3 but racism/sexism/homophobia = not cool! :O

Hahaha, that's true, they couldn't penalise you for it!
    I know, but a bitta racist humour never goes astray! Racist/sexist/homophobic jokes = the best ones <3 but racism/sexism/homophobia = not cool! :O

True that, yeah some are quite funny.

Sure if you're Irish it's not racist, it's just havin' the craic! ;)

Advertisement